Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sunday Sermon: The Damascus Road
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1,220

Sunday Sermon: The Damascus Road

Oct 25, 2009, 8:43 AM

Y'all know the story of Saul, I'm guessing. Devout and learned man, hater of Christians and their freshly minted messiah, trudging toward Damascus from Jerusalem to wipe them all from the pages of history.

Then a funny thing happened. As Hank Williams would say, ol' Saul saw the light....a blinding, unmistakable sign that he had been wrong all along. He sat befuddled for a couple of weeks, trying to ponder how he could have been so wrong, so misled. Then, he had a second revalation.

It didn't matter how wrong he was in the past. It was time to get right.

I proposed to those who have been doubters and deniers for so long, vowing and muttering that Clemson was on the road to ruin: Miami was our Damascus Road.

Of course, it's easy for me to say. I'm the fool who was waving the banner of Gee-Haw'd, staring into the fiery furnace of a Top 10 road game.

Most of y'all have more sense....and I applaud you for it. But now, having seen the hand and having touched the side, will you not yet believe?

If the scales have not fallen from your eyes as Jacoby Ford parted Miami defenders like the Red sea and strolled into glory, I have little more to offer.

If you cannot be moved by his tears of joy in the end zone, your heart is hardened beyound my power of persuasion.

If you could not leave this tooth-and-toenail clash believeing that maybe there IS something special about these Tigers, then give up football. There is no comfort in this sport for you.

But Damascus is just a way station, not a destination. There is much left to do. Even after Saul saw the light, his journy wasn't over. It were just beginning.

There are many beyond the Clemson Family who will not believe. They will say Miami had a bad day. Clemson is not that good. Clemson will fold like a camel-herder's tent along the way.

They will watch and wait for that fall, too stubbornly prideful or too afraid to see.

But you who have seen, it is time to believe. It doesn't matter how you left the path. Welcome back to the fight.

Rise, and march with us to Jerusalem.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen!!! ******

Oct 25, 2009, 8:45 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pass the collection plate***

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey Rev,

maybe bowden should have employeed you to give pregame pep talks...well put

Thank you - great message!***

Oct 25, 2009, 9:22 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And the people said....AMEN!!!***

Oct 25, 2009, 8:47 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AMEN RevDodd -

Oct 25, 2009, 9:24 AM

I see that you are man enough to post your name on your biography, you stand in the light for all to see. Have you noticed that all these so called football judges get on here, most of them never having suited up in a football uniform but pass harsh judgement on our coaches and AD while hiding their idenity. I say that we have worthy coaches, players and administrators to represent Clemson.

Shame on the doubters. They who are blind should be more able to see after yesterday.

God Bless You RevDodd, I'm ALL INN, I'm on Gee-Haw'd and please keep on shining your light !

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never had a reason to be anyone else...

Oct 25, 2009, 9:31 AM

...if you can't say what you say under you're own name, then it likely wasn't worth saying in the first place.

But there's no shame in doubting. Personally, I doubt I'd be able to pass my daughter's Algebra tests, with good reason. Priavtely, were there any who didn't harbor doubt after that Maryland fiasco?

The shame comes in having the proof, but refusing to believe. There will be setbacks ahead, as there are in any journey, but Clemson is coming back.

And there can be little doubt of that.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm with you Rev...... do you need a music minister?

Oct 25, 2009, 9:41 AM

Because I am singing the praise of this team today.

After that merryland game, I was in the pit just waiting for the charcoal and lighter fluid to be applied (me-a-shack, shad-a-raq, and Aben-is-a-goat all together). That game just sunk what was already a ship taking on water.

But yesterday showed me something too - this is not CTB's team and this is not the CTB staff. They are different and they DO want to win!

Can it be that the eye of the tiger is opening again?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: AMEN RevDodd -

Oct 25, 2009, 9:32 AM [ in reply to AMEN RevDodd - ]

Those who are not "All In" now are not true Clemson Fans. There will still be obstacles and setbacks,but we have a chance to get back to what we all want to be again. If you don't believe,don't let t5he door hit you in the ---. Well said,Rev. Go Tigers!

Does this mean I don't have to go to church this morning?

Oct 25, 2009, 9:29 AM

Just kidding. Great message, sounds like some sort of Daboism. This would be a great message to give to the team. My favorite story of the bible and is so applicable to the Tigers.

God Bless & GO TIGERS!

March with us to Columbia, Tampa and back to Miami, in this

Oct 25, 2009, 9:35 AM

case. Nicely done, Rev. Nicely done.

Don't forget the million-tractor march on Raleigh!***

Oct 25, 2009, 9:40 AM

Good Morning Rev.

Oct 25, 2009, 9:45 AM

I just read this post to my wife and almost tearded up. Well said.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ooops - meant to type "teared".***

Oct 25, 2009, 9:46 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'm man enough to say i *did* tear up.

Oct 25, 2009, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Good Morning Rev. ]

i love those Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

great read Rev!***

Oct 25, 2009, 10:05 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But Rev if Clemson = Jerusalem and Jerusalem has lots of

Oct 25, 2009, 10:13 AM

Jewish people, wouldn't bringing all the German T-netters there be dangerous? Just Sayin

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1,220
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic