Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question? Why do you feel the need to give dabo excuses
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Question? Why do you feel the need to give dabo excuses

Oct 10, 2009, 9:57 AM

When he himself said there is no excuse for being 2-3 and losing to Maryland. Just seeing a lot of it's bowdens fault posts, give him time, it's about tackling and blocking........yada yada yada

Our own coach said there is no excuse why do you feel the need to come up with some? Does it make you sleep better

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question? Why do you feel the need to give dabo excuses

Oct 10, 2009, 10:21 AM

Hes got no excuses and should never have been hired.

Re: Question? Why do you feel the need to give dabo excuses

Oct 10, 2009, 10:40 AM

Any good REAL coach would say he has no excuses and will not point fingers. A real man always takes responsibility whether it really is his fault or not. While it is always much easier to point fingers it takes a bigger man to take responsibility. Dabo knows that. The only question is: Is he doing this just to put on a good show or is he sincere? I would like to think it is for real. While YES, it is a coaches responsibility to have his team ready it can just as easily happen like we have read. Players could have caught passes in practice, and not had penalties. But, you throw some nervous hands into the game that miss some catches, have some penalties and some slips, and there goes the ball game. That is something, no matter how hard you coach them...if the players screw up a few too many times, you lose. Period. Let the players make all the catches, no penalties and if we are still losing, then lets point fingers at the coach. Because then, if he didn't give them enough game winning plays and the players executed everything he called perfectly, it is then his fault. Not now. Not when we are making mistakes on the field.

I have a dog that behaves and does all her tricks perfectly at home when we are practicing them. But when other people come around, you wouldn't believe how many times she screws up. same thing...

Re: We were in pretty bad need for change when TB left. Some

Oct 10, 2009, 11:00 AM

body please tell who could have gotten us to 5/0 coming in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mike Ditka!***

Oct 10, 2009, 12:01 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we should be 4-1 though...

Oct 10, 2009, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Re: We were in pretty bad need for change when TB left. Some ]

We've got the talent to have beaten MD badly and should've won the TCU game.

Re: we should be 4-1 though...

Oct 10, 2009, 1:03 PM

Excuses are for losers.

Re: And whats your excuse for that termenation.***

Oct 10, 2009, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Question? Why do you feel the need to give dabo excuses ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because I'm a loser. I love moral victories. I pull for....

Oct 10, 2009, 8:00 PM

people I like.

Yes, I'm a pumper. It all started for me when I had to fight back tears when Tom Harper told me Clemson wasn't going to offer me a scholarship. I had failed to achieve my childhood dream. Fortunately I was able to fall back on getting recruited to play football at Harvard were I eventually got my degree.

I'm also kind of a loser at life. I mean I don't make tons of money even though I probably could with fancy degree and all. Fortunately my 14 year marriage and two beautiful, healthy and happy children make up for my lack of professional success.

God, where would my life be without moral victories, otherwise I'm just a loser. Heck I enjoy pulling for a team with a losing record just because I love my hometown and enjoy hoping an upstanding young coach will make it through something very few people do.

Thanks for asking.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic