Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This just in: BC, FSU, GT, WF, NC St, and Maryland to be on
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

This just in: BC, FSU, GT, WF, NC St, and Maryland to be on

Feb 13, 2009, 11:36 AM

our schedule for the next 10 years.

Here's our history against those teams.

2008: 2-4
2007: 4-2
2006: 4-2
2005: 3-3

Until we can consistantly win 5 or more games against our division opponents, who cares about the OOC schedule? For those saying we need a measuring stick about where we are as a team, how about starting with the ACC?

If we win a couple ACC Championships in the next few years, I'll be first in line to complain about Coastal Carolina and PC on the schedule. Until then, I couldn't care less.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God we have been awful the past 10 years.***

Feb 13, 2009, 11:37 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prussian***

Feb 13, 2009, 11:45 AM

we have been awful since Hatfield. We have improved

Feb 13, 2009, 11:46 AM [ in reply to God we have been awful the past 10 years.*** ]

slightly in the last 10 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't disagree so why...

Feb 13, 2009, 12:06 PM

...is part of the stadium named for West? What did he do that was so greal? LOL

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Point! That was funny! Left sweet tea all over the keybrd****

Feb 13, 2009, 1:19 PM

It is absolutely unfair that we have to play them every year

Feb 13, 2009, 11:38 AM

classless move by the ACC... they are just punishing us for TO's classless display

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: This just in: BC, FSU, GT, WF, NC St, and Maryland to be on

Feb 13, 2009, 11:38 AM

great post !! I could not agree more!! OCC schedule is very secondary to winning the games we should win in ACC

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

should we only schedule patsies until we win the conference

Feb 13, 2009, 11:41 AM

consistently? I think that the fans deserve better than that.

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Unfortunately we have to play the coots every year******

Feb 13, 2009, 11:45 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Re: should we only schedule patsies until we win the conference

Feb 13, 2009, 12:10 PM [ in reply to should we only schedule patsies until we win the conference ]

No,but to schedule teams that are clearly better than us in the caliber of football they play is a reciept for failure.Ok,so you beat up on poor Citadel,and SC.State,but after the Bama game last year we did well to beat N.C.State,then had the wheels come off against Maryland ,and Wake.Do the fans need another season of that? No.Look,this is a new year ,with a new coaching staff,new players,new schemes{we hope},and hopefully better results than a 7-6 record.Let this {upcoming }season play out before determining our future OCC schedules.Concentrate on getting to the ACC title game,and to a BCS bowl.Do that,and some of those bigger schools might just want to play Clemson.

POTD!!***

Feb 13, 2009, 12:08 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Irrelevant. There is absolutely no connection b/w our

Feb 13, 2009, 12:23 PM

record against our conference opponents and our willingness to play more competitive teams.

Not necessarily Southern Cal, but any number of the competitive BCS Conference teams.

The fans and the players deserve it.

null

I disagree. We don't deserve to play marquee OOC teams

Feb 13, 2009, 12:28 PM

until our program proves that it is on their level. I would love to be at the point where we can compete with Oklahoma, Texas, Georgia, and Florida but we aren't there yet.

I would much rather play a patsy, get a win, and let our team improve than play a tough out-of-conference schedule just because it gives the illusion of a "big game." Getting killed by a major program does nothing positive for our own.

As others have said, let's contend for an ACC championship before we start making our schedule harder.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Seriously!?! Those are our choices? We either play

Feb 13, 2009, 12:41 PM

Texas, Oklahoma, Florida or Georgia, or we have to sit through Idaho and Coastal Carolina!?!

There are dozens of teams from BCS conferences that would be a challenge to beat but are beatable.

Why not start scheduling home-and-home games against some teams that would give us a good game and would be fun to visit?

What does it matter if we win the game or not anyway? We aren't getting an at large BCS slot with this weak schedule even if we go undefeated and lose the ACCCG.

null

No those aren't the only choices, but what's wrong with

Feb 13, 2009, 12:48 PM

playing a few easy teams that are guaranteed wins? I don't consider those games "boring" as a fan. I know I will get to see my Tigers beat up on another team. It is good for some exciting plays and even allows us to see some players who might not otherwise get to play much. To me, a game like that is FAR superior to getting excited about a bigger name opponent, only to see our team lose. And unfortunately, losing is what we do lately when we play decent teams.

The other good thing about playing teams like Idaho and Coastal Carolina is that they are extra home games for our team. A home-and-home with Texas A&M was unique, but it also meant that our University missed out on a Saturday of revenue from a home football game. Like it or not, that matters - especially during these tough economic times.

As for getting an at-large BCS spot, if we go undefeated and lose the ACCCG, we will get an at-large BCS game. And if not, we are surely more likely to get a decent bowl than if we had an extra loss or two from playing tougher teams.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Good argument. I just disagree.

Feb 13, 2009, 1:08 PM

I would be curious to see how the financials actually work out regarding playing a Coastal Carolina versus playing a team like West Virginia or Pitt. I have no idea. I don't really care, either, which is my luxury as a fan.

I'm all for having ONE in-state cupcake (no USC jokes, please!), especially to open the season. It's good for the team, it's good for the state and it's good for that smaller program. I can tolerate one more "patsy", although I would prefer it be a bit stronger team than Idaho. But Coastal Carolina, Idaho and MTSU is a VERY weak OOC schedule. Our players and fans deserve one stronger BCS opponent out of our three open slots.

Oh, and this isn't a "TDP is a wimp" issue with me. I have no idea what went into this schedule. It's just my personal preference as a fan.

null

A - FREAKIN - MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

Feb 13, 2009, 1:56 PM

Re: This just in: BC, FSU, GT, WF, NC St, and Maryland to be on

Feb 13, 2009, 2:14 PM

So if all Clemson needs to strive for is to win an ACC Championship, shouldn't we get to watch good OCC games. Not like an OCC loss will hurt their goal. I am tired of paying $35 for a worthless game.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic