Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let me see if I understand the prevailing opinion here.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Let me see if I understand the prevailing opinion here.

Dec 23, 2007, 11:26 AM

You want to fire Rob Spence (or encourage him to leave)- one of the most highly respected and sought after OCs in the country.

And you want to replace him with Dabo? A guy that has exactly ZERO experience as an OC at ANY level?

Good ####### Tom!

I got nothing against Dabo. He's a heck of a recruiter and he's done a great job but stop and think for a ####### second at what you people are saying.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you got it all WRONG

Dec 23, 2007, 11:27 AM

they want Purnell to coach the offense.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I agree about Dabo, but disagree about Spence.

Dec 23, 2007, 11:38 AM

I've only seen a few posts that actually wants him gone. Why make such a broad generalization over a few posts?

I guess it depends on your definition of a "few"

Dec 23, 2007, 11:39 AM

There have been several including several on the board right now.

Several out of thousands?***

Dec 23, 2007, 11:40 AM

Well, there aren't thousands of posts on this board right

Dec 23, 2007, 11:43 AM

now. I'm looking at just the first page and there are maybe 100-200 posts and there are a lot of them bashing Spence.

It was the same way on Friday (the last time I was on) when the first 4 threads on the board contained three posts specifically caling for Spence to be gone.

Its way more than a few.

I tend to think the majority recognizes Spence's

Dec 23, 2007, 11:46 AM

accomplishments and doesn't neccessarily want him gone. But, that's how I've interpreted the Board. I choose not to give that much credit to a very vocal minority.

You are correct....seems like they ...

Dec 23, 2007, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Well, there aren't thousands of posts on this board right ]

often come in big spurts, too. Like a feeding frenzy at meal time. Things are moving along and then suddenly, wham! Here they come. Like locusts on crops.

I think most people want Spence to stay.***

Dec 23, 2007, 11:45 AM [ in reply to I guess it depends on your definition of a "few" ]

because its more than just a few posts

Dec 23, 2007, 11:40 AM [ in reply to I agree about Dabo, but disagree about Spence. ]

and discussions among people that trash his offense without admitting that he's done a great job here. That is why. But I know today's culture is one where if a person's team doesn't go undefeated with shutout wins each game people will try and find some fault.

I've seen more people giving him credit than

Dec 23, 2007, 11:42 AM

bashing him.

and that is normal

Dec 23, 2007, 11:44 AM

I would expect there to be more that support any coach than bash him, that's normal unless a team is like 2-10 and struggling mightily. It's just that those who bash RS put all the blame of any play that isn't a TD on him and give NONE to the players charged with executing it. As I pointed out a few days ago, even the Patriots use the bubble screen (which many people who trash it don't even know what it is). But they don't teach that on Xbox.

Never played XBOX. By the way, no matter how

Dec 23, 2007, 11:50 AM

many posts you make, you'll never be better than the next Clemson fan. I'm sure you love Clemson as much as I do, but your attempts at being a "superfan" are nauseating.

Have a Merry Christmas.

Re: Never played XBOX. By the way, no matter how

Dec 23, 2007, 11:51 AM

darn, I have always considered myself the ideal superfan and you've squashed it. :(

It's more than a few.

Dec 23, 2007, 11:46 AM [ in reply to I agree about Dabo, but disagree about Spence. ]

Look at the results of this poll from last night. It shocks me how a guy who instantly turned our offense from on of the worst in the conference to one of the best, has so little support.

http://tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=5431689&results=true

help the clemson family!
isabel's medical fund:
http://www.helpisabel.com/

I didn't look at the poll but keep in mind how many coots

Dec 23, 2007, 11:53 AM

frequent this site. And in fact there are some who to this day are still allowed to post trashing clemson under the guise of being Clemson fans... that's something that ought to be criteria for banning IMO. tiger vice is a prime example. I've caught him in TAC referring to Clemson as "y'all" but he's allowed to post his trash on here.

Re: It's more than a few.

Dec 23, 2007, 4:49 PM [ in reply to It's more than a few. ]

The issue (which I disagree) with for most people is that they think the talent level is more responsible for the increase in offense than the coaching/play-calling. Of course, they forget who developed the talent.

It's probably the same people who were screaming to

Dec 23, 2007, 11:41 AM

bench Charlie and play Proctor in 05. "Will's a better fit in this offense."

help the clemson family!
isabel's medical fund:
http://www.helpisabel.com/

exactly***

Dec 23, 2007, 11:42 AM

Ha ! Good one ! Point ! ****

Dec 23, 2007, 1:35 PM [ in reply to It's probably the same people who were screaming to ]

It's not like we get a voice here, it is Spence

Dec 23, 2007, 11:43 AM

shopping around, not Clemson.

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Very true. And I really hope he stays.

Dec 23, 2007, 11:44 AM

He's done great things with Cullen Harper and our offense in general. He's had a handful of plays here and there that haven't worked but there is a reason EVERY list of the top assistants in college football includes his name.

He should have been doing a lot with Harper LAST year***

Dec 23, 2007, 3:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he had harper this year in big games and we got shut down***

Dec 23, 2007, 3:26 PM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I imagine UT came to him and not the other way around

Dec 23, 2007, 11:45 AM [ in reply to It's not like we get a voice here, it is Spence ]

so he was shopped and agreed to see the price.

No it is not,

Dec 23, 2007, 12:30 PM [ in reply to It's not like we get a voice here, it is Spence ]

he knows he is getting a raise at Clemson, Fulmer contacted TB and Spence went. Nothing wrong with that. I had rather he interview with them - stay at Clemson and never be sorry he did not check it out.
There is not a coach out there that would not check out another opportunity.
How many on here have checked into other jobs but stayed where you are. Sometimes the grass looks greener and it really isn't. Other times it is. But you can kick yourself later on if you don't check it out in some situations.
I would be very upset if other schools did not show interest in our coaches.
Will Spence go or not, who knows - but I do know this, we will be losing a good coach. I think the world of Dabo but feel he needs another year or two to be the coordinator. But whatever happens, I know that TB will still be our head coach and he will adjust if he has to.
Spence has been highly critized for a lot of things he hasn't done but very seldom given due just when he should have been. Frankly I hope he stays, but will wish him the best no matter what. He is a great person.
To those who did not get to know him, he is one of the funniest people and has a great sense of humor. He has been good for the Clemson program.

Here here! Couldn't agree with you more, Pawless!***

Dec 23, 2007, 1:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

It amazes me...

Dec 23, 2007, 1:41 PM

We have a great program and respected by everyone we play, but our own "fans" do most of the trashing. And of course they feel they have a right because they want more.

I like to get on TigerNet to see what is upbeat, but more and more it sounds like I'm talking to the enemy.

Enjoy what we have and stop your crying.

what in the world makes you think that that

Dec 23, 2007, 1:58 PM

is a prevailing opinion here?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic