Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't care what anyone thinks about what I have to say...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 2,480

I don't care what anyone thinks about what I have to say...

Mar 17, 2011, 9:22 PM

I have to vent about what the NCAA did to our basketball student athletes this week. How in the world did this insane schedule come about this week??? Who in their right mind could have come up with it ???

We should never have had to play in the play-in game on Tuesday night as evidenced by Michigan, Michigan St, Tennessee, Penn St, etc. being selected in front of us. Folks, I don't care if you play in the ACC, Big East, Little East, Big Ten, Little Ten, etc...14-15 losses is still 14-15 losses. This is the CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT !!! There are over 300 division I basketball teams. You cannot lose almost half of your games and legitimately tell me that your team deserves to be in ahead of us. PERIOD !!!

NOW...on to this abortion called the NCAA.

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY did this schedule play out this way. Is there anyone that can tell me that this ridiculous disaster is the ONLY way this thing could have come together? Why the hell did every team have to fly to Dayton FOR ONE DAY ?!?!? Each bracket could have opened the tournament in it's host city (We open the Tampa region with a game on Tuesday, if we have to be in the game). Did the NCAA just throw this play-in thing together last week??

Is there any reasonable member on this site that would say this arrangement was anything other than completely assinine ???

Clemson and WVA are evenly matched teams, and they may have beaten us straight up...but why even create this situation. I certainly didn't expect us to go all the way, of course, but now we get to be left with the dreaded "what if" question. "What if we weren't gassed for the second half of today's game?" (The coach and team are too classy to use this as an excuse, but the facts are the facts...We never made a run in the entire second half). I give our guys all the credit in the world for gutting it out......but WHY do we even have to discuss this during the CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT ?!?!. Both WVA and Kentucky were beatable for us.

What kind of NCAA tournament experience did our guys get to have ??? I'd like to skull f--- any member of the NCAA that is responsible for this atrocity.

I just feel badly for our athletes and the fans. The NCAA showed just how much of a priority the athletes are.

Thanks T-netters, I feel a little better.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't care what anyone thinks about what I have to say...

Mar 17, 2011, 9:24 PM

I bet this situation never happens again

Mar 17, 2011, 9:27 PM

I hope not, for every school's sake. This week was just crazy.

Mar 17, 2011, 9:42 PM

I'm exhausted just venting about it. :)

Mar 17, 2011, 10:04 PM

I'm exhausted from reading your venting. It would have been better if you wouldn't have used any punctuation. :)

Mar 17, 2011, 11:24 PM

Or all capital letters...

Mar 20, 2011, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't care what anyone thinks about what I have to say... ]

All passion, baby. That's how I roll !!

Mar 26, 2011, 8:11 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't care what anyone thinks about what I have to say... ]

for some reason, the letter run together. It doesn't look that cluttered before I hit send.

Mar 17, 2011, 9:53 PM

I totally agree. They kept playing messages about "respect the teams and refs" at the arena prior to the game today, but it is clear that neither the NCAA nor the refs respect the teams. If they did, some refs would be fired for incompetence and this absurd schedule would never have happened.

And what happened to our fans traveling well? Princeton had way more (and louder) fans today than we did. You could hear a pin drop during some of our timeouts until the band started playing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2011, 2:14 PM

Well stated

The team had 36 hours to get ready.. well, so did the fans.

Mar 18, 2011, 8:06 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't care what anyone thinks about what I have to say... ]

Most people work for a living ... IMPOSSIBLE to get off work and plan a trip to Tamps in 36 hours unless you are unemployed or idle rich.

get real

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The team had 36 hours to get ready.. well, so did the fans.

Mar 18, 2011, 9:24 PM

I understand the short timeline, but the Alumni site shows 2000+ alumni just in Orlando and Tampa. I would think we could muster more than the 75 or so Clemson fans that were there.

I am just glad I happened to be in Tampa and was able to go to the game and see the Tigers play, since I very rarely get to see them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2011, 11:08 PM

Good research

Mar 22, 2011, 9:11 AM [ in reply to The team had 36 hours to get ready.. well, so did the fans. ]

Noted. It is a quick turnaround.

I can appreciate any post that works in a

Mar 17, 2011, 9:54 PM

Skull f### reference. The other stuff made sense too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"This thing that I call living is just being satisfied knowing that I've got no one left to blame." Gordon Lightfoot

Re: I can appreciate any post that works in a

Mar 17, 2011, 10:05 PM

Thanks ;). And thanks to all for overlooking some typos and punctuation. I was ranting :)

Mar 17, 2011, 10:25 PM

Contact Gene Smith [OSU] and Ron Wellman [WFU]--ADs at their respective schools. They must be the initiators of how Clemson ended up in a play-in game and real game w/i 36 hours.
Of course, I sense that Mr. Wellman did VT no favors when their name came in front of the selection committee.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2011, 10:47 PM

It's just an absurdly unnecessary ending to a great season long effort by the players and coaches.

Mar 18, 2011, 5:20 PM

And the amazing thing---Charles Barkley agreed with you. When his other "experts" said the schedule didn't matter, Barkley let them have it about how unfair it was and how we were getting the shaft

Mar 18, 2011, 5:37 PM

I agree with Sir Charles. It was a turrible, turrible thing to do to the Tigers!

Mar 21, 2011, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't care what anyone thinks about what I have to say... ]

Love how Charles shows up with no tie, stomach hanging out, telling it like it is.

Good post man.***

Mar 18, 2011, 11:46 PM

Re: Good post man.***

Mar 19, 2011, 1:06 PM

Thank you

Replies: 22
| visibility 2,480
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic