Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dear Joe Bostic:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Dear Joe Bostic:

Sep 12, 2008, 8:10 AM

I speak for a number of people when I say that you are well respected as a player and your feelings and frustrations are felt by many, but your comments would have been better served if you could have addressed the team or coaches rather than a newspaper.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So what you are saying is...

Sep 12, 2008, 8:19 AM

Joe can't speak for others but you can.

gotcha.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, because nobody listens to me and I am aware of that.

Sep 12, 2008, 8:21 AM

He, on the other hand, is a former Clemson great, and his words in the newspaper can be used by others against us in recruiting, etc. Like I said, I have no problem with what he said, I have a problem with how and to whom he said it.

Gotcha

the old stupid "comments used against us in recruiting"

Sep 12, 2008, 8:25 AM

how about game film?

how about press clippings from sports writers?

how about freakin' common sense?

Joe has earned his right to say what he wants to who he wants. Maybe that's part of the big pink elephant in the room... we all know we aren't tough, we just don't want anyone to talk about it.

Geez, if we are gonna tiptoe and try and censor former players about their thoughts on our team... well we are truly weak.

how bout rubbin dirt on our unis to prove we are tough?***

Sep 12, 2008, 8:26 AM

I think poppat is taking the Ronald Reagan approach...

Sep 12, 2008, 9:33 AM [ in reply to the old stupid "comments used against us in recruiting" ]

as in a Republican should never publicly speak ill of another Rebublican, then a Tiger should not publicly speak ill of another Tiger, but rather keep it inhouse. A reasonable position, but old Joe does have a right to freedom of speech , too, so where does it all leave us ? To me, if toughness was not an issue, then it would not be up for discussion , and I agree with Joe on that issue, but I also sympathize with poppatiger here, who, like me, just doesn't like to read such talk from fellow Tigers in the newspapers...

last sentence

Sep 12, 2008, 2:32 PM [ in reply to the old stupid "comments used against us in recruiting" ]

tells a lot...

I might not agree with you politically but you are right on in your opinion here

I agree...Im not arguing his comments but

Sep 12, 2008, 8:20 AM

there is a time and place for everything. Ive said this several times about James Davis, its not that what he said is wrong its the forum he used to say it. Any time that tool bag Bart Wright is involved you know its not in our best interest. Hes just trying to stir the pot and sell more papers/advertising for the web site by creating a commotion and distraction. Bostic could have easily approached TB or TDP or something and addressed the team. In fact, I think they would have welcomed it, our coaches seem to like bringing people in to talk to the team.

Re: I agree...Im not arguing his comments but

Sep 12, 2008, 8:23 AM

They like bringing in people to talk to the team because nothing they can come up with works.

that may be the case...but doesnt dispute my point***

Sep 12, 2008, 8:24 AM

what the hell are you talking about....

Sep 12, 2008, 8:25 AM [ in reply to I agree...Im not arguing his comments but ]

the best thing about football is that it is result driven and guess what 1)Bart Wright has been correct for 5 years and 2) Bowden ain't letting anyone address the team, that is complete garbage...thanks for the idle speculation...

you sound angry, you must be tough***

Sep 12, 2008, 8:27 AM

several articles have been written about TB letting

Sep 12, 2008, 8:30 AM [ in reply to what the hell are you talking about.... ]

former players and even Danny address the team through the years...so try again moron for your SPECULATION and ignorance.

no speculation...no one is ever walking in there and

Sep 12, 2008, 9:05 AM

speaking the truth...you must be the moron to think otherwise...

Re: several articles have been written about TB letting

Sep 12, 2008, 4:24 PM [ in reply to several articles have been written about TB letting ]

I would LOVE to see your proof. Before Jeff Davis there wasn't an old player around the program. Jeff brought in Michael Dean Perry because he just completed his degree from Clemson a year ago. Let me promise you Bowden wants nothing to do with Danny or any of his players! Bostic is a smart man and his love for Clemson is well documented.
Go look at Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, Arkansas, Ole Miss and even South Carolina they beg old players to be a part of the program. It is part of their tradition.

There are two ways to criticize, contructive criticism and

Sep 12, 2008, 8:21 AM

just plain criticism. Joe chose the former. Most of Tigernet resorts to the latter. I'll take Joe's approach everyday.

excuse me, what do you know...for years ex-players have...

Sep 12, 2008, 8:22 AM

been pissed about the play of Bowden teams, they have been quiet for long enough, these guys have rings to say what ever they want. a number had a box at the game and all left at halftime...the only redemption is a 10-1 season with an ACC championship...

good for them***

Sep 12, 2008, 8:23 AM

I can arrange a meeting to sign your poster....

Sep 12, 2008, 8:36 AM

of the team if you'd like...

No thanks***

Sep 12, 2008, 8:37 AM

then why did they lose to Duke and NCSU in 89???

Sep 12, 2008, 8:25 AM [ in reply to excuse me, what do you know...for years ex-players have... ]

Sorry, I haven't even read the article, and probably won't, but I can't stand it when people talk to the media with matters like that. If you love Clemson, why in the holy f--k would you say anything to Bart Wright other than telling him to go hump a moose?

Screw Oil, burn Lungers

it wasn't lack of toughness.***

Sep 12, 2008, 8:26 AM

coaches faults then????***

Sep 12, 2008, 8:27 AM

Screw Oil, burn Lungers

They took responsibility for those losses... yes.

Sep 12, 2008, 8:28 AM

Personally I blame the weight training staff. :)

so those losses were ok, but these losses aren't

Sep 12, 2008, 8:58 AM

sorry, I understand fully the schematic and philosophic differences between the Ford and Bowden regimes, and I have my thoughts on them and share them PRIVATELY with many.

My beef with Joe is that he went public, and did it with Bart Wright, someone who is NO friend of Clemson.

I am not diminishing what happened in the 1980s, I had a front row seat for the whole thing and as a young boy it was a dream come true, but distance can make the heart grow fonder, and there were ### losses in the 1980s just as there are now.

I guess my love for Clemson is greater than my love for any particular HC and I wouldn't want to hammer them to a douchenozzle like Bart freaking Wright

Screw Oil, burn Lungers

What should Bostic have done?

Sep 12, 2008, 9:08 AM

Since clearly we all care much more about Clemson than him.

I'll give you a clue... Joe Bostic, and any other guy with such a career as he had at Clemson can say whatever the heck he wants to whomever asks.

I think most of y'all are just mad because

1) It looks poorly on Bowden

2) It was Bart Wright.

He shouldnt have made his comments public

Sep 12, 2008, 9:10 AM

You are pissed? Make them towards the staff and/or players...he seems like he has his connections that would allow such.

Says who?***

Sep 12, 2008, 9:14 AM

Eh?***

Sep 12, 2008, 9:15 AM

Who says he shoulda kept his comments private?***

Sep 12, 2008, 9:20 AM

Hmm:You think if it were Larry Williams

Sep 12, 2008, 9:16 AM [ in reply to What should Bostic have done? ]

the response would be different?

Naw.

Joe Bostic happened to put his finger on a hot-button topic....

Whatever happened to Clemson's toughness?

And how do we get it back?

Many people pondered the same thing after 'Bama.

And it is up to the current team and staff to respond.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no one say S%#$ does not happen...it is

Sep 12, 2008, 8:31 AM [ in reply to coaches faults then????*** ]

all the way it happens...

you all seem to forget something....

Sep 12, 2008, 8:29 AM [ in reply to then why did they lose to Duke and NCSU in 89??? ]

86-88 won ACC championships, with big bowl game wins, 89 lost to Duke and GT not NSCU, and won big against West VA..86-89 seasons consistantly ranked top 15...what the heck are you comparing? who cares if we lost to Bama, it was the way we lost...

Uh, Joe Bostic played in the late 70s...

Sep 12, 2008, 8:30 AM [ in reply to then why did they lose to Duke and NCSU in 89??? ]

As far as that '89 team, they would wipe the field with against this current version of the Tigers much like Bammer did.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, Duke won the ACC in 1989. Doesn't sound like the Duke

Sep 12, 2008, 8:33 AM [ in reply to then why did they lose to Duke and NCSU in 89??? ]

we lost to a few years ago. Try again.

You ever prepare a team on the heels of a Major Hurricane?

Sep 12, 2008, 9:28 AM [ in reply to then why did they lose to Duke and NCSU in 89??? ]

Like the one SC experienced the week before DUke? Did you know that Duke was Co-ACC Champion that year? Did you know Clemson still won 10 games that year? Did you know Clemson beat the crap out of their bowl opponent that year?

Nope - I didn't think so.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

We didn't lose to NCSU in '89. That was the prior 3 years.***

Sep 12, 2008, 1:28 PM [ in reply to then why did they lose to Duke and NCSU in 89??? ]

Wrong...great comments by Bostic!***

Sep 12, 2008, 8:30 AM

What would be awesome...

Sep 12, 2008, 8:30 AM

is if Bostic would come coach the O Line or *cough coach the team cough*

If he'd come here, we'd be steamrolling defenses in 2 or 3 years to the tune of 250+ yards a game rushing against ANY opponent like we used to. IMHO

So you want him to be a head coach? lmao***

Sep 12, 2008, 8:31 AM

Not exactly...

Sep 12, 2008, 8:35 AM

We would certainly have a different kind of team. They may not be better, but definately different.

But no, I'd rather see him as O Line coach. Brad doesn't seem to be doing the job. Certainly we can't have recruited some of the worst O linemen in the country, but that's kinda how they're playing right now.

and you want to be Joe Bostic's conscious?

Sep 12, 2008, 8:35 AM [ in reply to So you want him to be a head coach? lmao*** ]

LMFAO!!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wow...you know how to bold letters***

Sep 12, 2008, 8:36 AM

I have no problem with Bostic's comments, but I can see why

Sep 12, 2008, 8:46 AM

you see it the way you do.

My guess is that Joe feels he has no avenue to the coach or the team. Some coaches build expectations on the traditions founded by others, other coaches are more insular. My guess is that TB is more aloof to what a guy like Bostic can bring. If that is true, Bostic is a totally free agent relative to the current team. Cobb probably has some insight on that.

When a reporter asks you a question there is a time for discretion and a time to just lay the truth out there. For Bostic it was the latter, and I have no problem with that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nice post....if this was his only avenue then I have no prob

Sep 12, 2008, 8:50 AM

like many have said, he has earned the right to express his concerns. If the coaches/school blew him off then I have no problem with this

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic