Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Frustrated(Long) sorry
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Frustrated(Long) sorry

Sep 13, 2011, 8:59 PM

Im more frustrated with this board and clemson "fans" more than the football team. All the negative posts, and we suck, fire Dabo, The o-line stinks posts are really frustrating. I understand that those posters expect a lot from Clemson, you are not the only ones. I expect a lot every year, week to week. A majority of you got to experience the 91 ACC championship, or the 81 National Championship. The dominance that clemson put on through the years. I on the other hand wasnt old enough. Ive been a fan since a little boy but being born in the late 80's all i remember is average to above average season. I remember 2000 season i think when we started 8-0 maybe and lost to GT, i will never forget that. We lost momentum and didnt finish so well. But for all the doubters after 2 games? I understand we played poorly against Wofford and Troy. But two games and all that excitement we had before the season is now gone? I see all the we are gonna finish 4-8 poster. We will be lucky to finish 6-6. That is not being a Clemson fan. I have high expectations every year when the season starts and each and every week, regardless of how we performed the week before. For instance the 2003 season, the Furman game was entirely to close. We didnt score a point against Georgia the week before. But we made adjustments throughout the year and we ended up having one of the best seasons that i remember in my time. 9-4 and we beat #3 FSU 26-10, and #6 Tennessee 27-14, dominating our opponents because we made adjustments. We have talent at Clemson, and i know we can win every game we play if we come prepared. We are young but very talented. Im looking forward to Auburn this saturday, as i think it will be the beginning of something special. If you want to continue to Boo, or say we are doomed, the season is over. Well dont show up and watch them play. Dont turn on the television to watch our Tigers play, dont come on t-net to bash your team. I for one will be cheering throughout the year, frustrated or not, im behind the Tigers. Im sure i will get bashed for this, and my tiger pulse will take a hit, but its frustrating to see this all day. Just as frustrating as seeing the Tigers struggling with weaker competition. But we have a bright future and Im ready to see whats in store! Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Frustrated(Long) sorry

Sep 13, 2011, 9:03 PM

I sympathize. No matter what happens each season I'm still there in the same exact seat cheering my Tigers on.

Sep 13, 2011, 9:14 PM

excellent post. totally agree. GO TIGERS AND NOBODY ELSE.

Sep 13, 2011, 9:11 PM

You make some valid points. I have been very disappointed - but you are right teams make adjustments and can succeed even after losing to or barely beating a lesser opponent.

I think the reason so many fans are negative is that the areas were we expected to be at least as good as last year are suffering - specifically the O-line and the D-line.

We expected to get off to a slow start at the offensive skill positions and linebacker. We did not expect to get manhandled at the lines.

This is most concerning because you expect you can make major adjustments and improve at the skill positions from week to week. But how to do you improve much at the line? How do you get stronger in a week?

I am trying really hard to be optimistic but I am really worried when we let Wofford control the line of scrimmage. That should NEVER happen to ANY Clemson team.

Let it go already

Sep 13, 2011, 9:23 PM

We weren't manhandled. We gave up some sacks due to mental breakdowns. Saying we were manhandled shows you are paying too much attention to the media and not enough to the game.

Price is handling his own (did so in both games). McClain is fine (outside of one mistake). Freeman has looked good in both games. Walker looked good against Wofford and ok against Troy. They have been fine, just not dominant.

Manhandled is a HUGE stretch!

Sep 13, 2011, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Frustrated(Long) sorry ]

I understand, u have some valid points, and I can't argue those points. I'm frustrated too. But I don't think we are doomed and that We can't improve and I still believe whoever we line up with on the other side of the field each week, we can beat. Our o line didn't change. We know they can play well. We have seen that last year. Its a new offense. Hopefully they have been thinking too much or been looking down on the competition. Whatever it is I hope it changes. I believe each and every week we will find the way to win. Good points though. I cometely understand and like I said I'm frustrated as well. I'm Still a fan though

Sep 13, 2011, 9:19 PM

The end of the 2003 season was the best football Clemson has played since 1981.Nobody in the nation could have beat the Tigers the last 3 games of 03,just wish they could have played all year long like that.

Think about those of us that have been there for 20 years of

Sep 13, 2011, 9:25 PM

almost, but no cigar.

Charlie Brown has nothing on us. Lucy keeps pulling that ball away, year after year.

I am not a dumper, I'm a sunshine pumper if anything. But I understand the frustration, because I have been going to games since 1987.

I am a big fan of Dabo, and think he has what it takes to make Clemson a great program, but he does just enough ### (fake fg??) calls to keep me a little apprehensive.
I don't like all the negativity, but I understand it. When your hearts been broken again and again, you get bitter.

I'm not there yet, but I could see it coming if something good doesn't happen soon.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2011, 9:32 PM

There are very logical, valid reasons to be frustrated and disappointed with the team's performance to date. To suggest otherwise is hiding your head in the sand. This weekend is the key to the season in many, many ways. We could lose this game and still be OK if we play like a quality Clemson football team.
My concern is that going back to last season, when is the last time we have played a good, solid football game...... it's been awhile.
To think that we will somehow just turn the switch on is wonderful but not sure if it is truly realistic. This team has played uninspired, soft football since the FSU game last year, which we should have NEVER lost by the way.
I hope that you all are right and that the program is headed upward. I do, for the first time in years, have major concerns though.
I'll be there Saturday happily ready to eat crow.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2011, 9:33 PM

I'm frustrated also.Frustrated with reading about things that are irrelevant.What happened in '81,'91,2000,even 2003 has no bearing on what happens in 2011
What difference does it matter that we won a National Title over 2 decades ago,or our last conference title was in'91,or that we beat FSU,or Tennessee in 2003/2004?How long has it been since we beat an Auburn team? Answer that one.
You talk about high expectations.Show me a team that at the start of the season doesn't have high expectations.
And you talk about talent as if Clemson was the only team in the conference that has talent.And sorry to burst your bubble,but you won't win every game no matter how prepared you are because most of the teams you face will have as much talent,and will also be prepared.
I will be watching the game Saturday on tv,as I do not have tickets.However this game has no bearing on what happened last year.If we lose,we continue a streak of losing to an Auburn team that dates back to the 70's( if memory serves me correctly).If we win ,it's not revenge for what happened last year.
No,what frustrates me is reading something ,imo,that was not well thought out.

Sep 13, 2011, 10:19 PM

I understand your frustration as well. This post isn't about what happened back in the day. This post was to show that adjustments can be made throughout the season. Just because we struggled with a weaker opponent doesn't mean we can't adjust And blow out a stronger opponent like auburn, fsu or vt. If that happens we all jump back on the bandwagon And Clemson is. That's not right. Support the team week in and week out. We will have bad games and early season miscues. Lets hope we can adjust. I thought my original post out clearly. It just hit u the wrong way as it did many because of frustration early on with the season. Like I said, I'm frustrated too. I think we can play better. I am not happy with what I've seen so far but I believe we will adjust.

Thanks for responding though. I'm not saying your wrong as your entitled to your own opinion. I completely respect how u feel. I'm as frustrated as you. But keep supporting your tigers!

Long is one thing, no paragraphs is quite another,

Sep 13, 2011, 9:37 PM

My good man. Carry on.

Re: Long is one thing, no paragraphs is quite another,

Sep 13, 2011, 9:40 PM

Im not being a smart A,but dang this is a sports message board.Why does grammer bother some of you people so much.It was a good post and I had no problems reading it.

It's like trying to eat a whole delicious chicken in one

Sep 13, 2011, 9:52 PM

bite.

Re: It's like trying to eat a whole delicious chicken in one

Sep 13, 2011, 10:04 PM

bite. A Tiger can do it!

It's grammar, not grammer.

Sep 14, 2011, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Long is one thing, no paragraphs is quite another, ]

;)

Sep 14, 2011, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Long is one thing, no paragraphs is quite another, ]

seriously, who gives a s*** about the grammar? Save all the proofreading for your homework........

Sep 14, 2011, 8:06 AM [ in reply to Long is one thing, no paragraphs is quite another, ]

this is a sports board,we are taking the easy courses.i can't for the life of me understand why grammer,spelling,sentence structure,etc. is that important (on this type of medium) to some people.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Using paragraphs is totally different though...

Sep 14, 2011, 9:16 AM

It's fine if people don't care about spelling, punctuation, grammar, sentence structure, etc. Not using using paragraphs in a long post make it nearly unbearable to read.

It's a really simple way to effectively get your point across.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

cu0207 - Glad you're on Board - We need Young Fans Like You

Sep 13, 2011, 9:57 PM

Cu0207 - You make some interesting observations starting with "A majority of you got to experience the 91 ACC championship, or the 81 National Championship. The dominance that clemson put on through the years. I on the other hand wasnt old enough." Your words ... and there is some truth in those words. You do not fully understand that while Clemson has never been an offensive powerhouse (you may have seen some of our best offenses in C. Whitehurst's soph year or Woody Dantzler's senior year), that back in the days you refer to from 1981 to the early 90's our Defense was as physically bad-a$$ as any in the game (as reflected in Coach Ford's record and Herschel's inability to score in 3 yrs against our D.)

Anyway, you are right, those of us who have been spoiled by that level of play gripe and moan too much about how soft we've played for years. We've gotten excited and had some dashed hopes over brief spurts through the T.B. days, but the team has never been the same since nice guy and incredibly overmatched Ken Hatfield replaced Coach Ford and absolutely ravaged the Tiger Football Program. Every year hope begins anew ... but when the old timers see soft play and a lack of hitting against comparatively lightweight opponents like Troy and Wofford, it becomes a barometer of what to expect in terms of toughness against the legitimate teams like Auburn, Fla State and VA Tech.

Your message is fair ... and its also fair to reply that these old-timers understand much better than you what it takes to win because they have witnessed it first-hand, and as per your own message, you have not. We all hope Clemson brings it (the physical style of play) against Auburn and over the next 3 weeks. If we do, we have a chance to win. If not ... you will see more moaning and groaning from these old-timers who attend the games, contribute the funds that made Clemson relevant in the 80's and want another winner! Hang in there ... I agree with you that this year's freshmen class is special ... the best I have seen in 20 years. I hope you are right and the Tigers are turning the corner ... there is nothing that bonds like backing a winner! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: cu0207 - Glad you're on Board - We need Young Fans Like

Sep 13, 2011, 10:47 PM

Hey man, thanks for your reply! I completely support your statements And your points are valid. I wouldn't mind some dominant defense these days as well! Keep supporting your tigers!

Young Fans

Sep 14, 2011, 8:42 AM [ in reply to cu0207 - Glad you're on Board - We need Young Fans Like You ]

First I will say that I am not a pumper or a dumper. I was labeled a lumper. I am hopeful and optimistic every year that we will improve and become relevant again. I am an old timer Clemson fan. I remember when we had what most SEC schools have now, tough relentless defense and a mean offensive line. Listen to those guys from the 80s talk about the games. They would tell the opposing team where the play was going and they still could not stop it!

Soft teams that rely on finesse rarely win championships. I have heard every coach say the same words that Clemson will be more tough and more physical 'this year'. Hey, I just want 'this year' to finally be here.

I have supported every coach whether I thought they were the right coach or not. I have supported our players by cheering and even though I have been disgusted, I never BOO because I think it makes us look like USuC.

The only way we will have excellence is to DEMAND it. That starts with the coaches. Keven Steele and Chad Morris seem to get it. I believe they will make adjustments and we will improve. The players have to have the relentless passion to win every down. However other teams seem to improve much faster and we continue to get left behind.

Frustrated? Passionate? Want to win? Yes I do!

Re: cu0207 - Glad you're on Board - We need Young Fans Like You

Sep 14, 2011, 9:49 AM [ in reply to cu0207 - Glad you're on Board - We need Young Fans Like You ]

these are the comments I like to read......of course, who likes to read anything negative. I was raised a Tiger fan as well and I didn't witness the 81 Champ. season because I was 2. However, there is an old photo of Danny Ford holding me on his knee and my sis beside me, with the visiting stands still being one level. I've been devoted ever since I can remember and I know how hard it is to stay that way without becoming bitter. Let's hope this bunch that has come in is gonna bring it back and allow things to shine for the coaches and the fans alike. Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!

Sep 13, 2011, 10:44 PM

take your tampon out and put a new one in..
you girls and your feelings..

Sep 14, 2011, 9:54 AM

and I suppose you drink motor oil for breakfast.....

I agree. The constant negativity is annoying.

Sep 14, 2011, 9:56 AM

I'm not going to say that I haven't been negative at times, but I am positive the vast majority of the time. There are people on here that only post negative things, which makes me wonder why they're even here.

null

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic