Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Message removed by Author
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Mar 7, 2012, 10:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Thats awesome!***

Mar 7, 2012, 10:21 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Had dinner with Daniel Rodriguez tonight.- I think not

Mar 7, 2012, 10:29 PM

on the dinner bill since he is going on the GI bill. You would just be doing a courtesy to a student

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I offered...he wouldn't let me.***

Mar 7, 2012, 10:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Had dinner with Daniel Rodriguez tonight.- I think not

Mar 7, 2012, 10:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Had dinner with Daniel Rodriguez tonight.- I think not ]

That is awesome. I watched the film on him last night. My brother (a #### fan) and I had lunch today. He had watched the film on him also and is rooting for him to make the team.

Re: Had dinner with Daniel Rodriguez tonight.

Mar 7, 2012, 11:04 PM

I really hope he is a tiger

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Knowing how the NCAA treats us...

Mar 7, 2012, 11:11 PM

They'll deny his waiver. We play by the rules, do everything the right way, and they punish us by denying Steward. Then they give cheaters like UNC and Scar a slap on the wrist.

Re: Knowing how the NCAA treats us...

Mar 8, 2012, 7:01 AM

Sorry to bust your persecution complex, but the NCAA denying Steward's waiver was not "punishment". The NCAA rarely, and I mean rarely, grants waivers in this kind of situation. It would have to be a truly exceptional case, and as much as I would've liked Steward to get the redshirt, his situation was not exceptional.

I believe the coots have been granted not one, but two

Mar 8, 2012, 7:41 AM

medical wavers since Spurrier has been there. Furthermore, I think one of their tight ends got a 6th year, but I may be stretching it on that.

Andy Boyd. The same guy who coached the SC O line for the

Mar 8, 2012, 9:25 AM

embarrassment against UConn a few years back. There was a running joke that he had more tenure with the team than Spurrier.

Mar 8, 2012, 1:51 AM

My question is why his transfer will be an issue? I know people who have transferred to Clemson after a year of community college and got in just fine. Transfer admissions require a 2.5-3.0 and atleast one year of classes completed for transfer. I am trying to do the same thing (long story, didn't even apply to Clemson but once I saw the place I fell in love just like Daniel Rodriguez) I'm waiting on a decision from the transfer office but if I get in and he doesn't then there is something wrong with the NCAA. Why do they treat it any different than a regular transfer? I just don't get it.

He was a non-qual coming out of HS

Mar 8, 2012, 6:47 AM

Therefore he has to finish his associates degree before he can play for a D1. If he had qualified coming out of HS it wouldn't be a problem. They have put in a waiver citing his life experiences and time since HS and will see what the NCAA says.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He was a non-qual coming out of HS

Mar 8, 2012, 8:24 AM

I may be wrong, but I believe there are kids who don't qualify out of HS who attend Prep School for only a year, and then they can transfer in. Am I wrong on this? What is the difference?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prep school is basically 5th year high school

Mar 8, 2012, 10:38 PM

they don't "transfer" back into a school. They technically start the whole recruitment/qualification process over.

JUCO is considered "collge."

Re: Prep school is basically 5th year high school

Mar 9, 2012, 10:23 AM

Thanks! It seems a fine line difference, and it seems the NCAA rules are subjective about a lot of things. I hope he gets the Associate degree and transfers in, if that's what it will take.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The difference is he is playing a D1 sport, the people you

Mar 8, 2012, 11:24 PM [ in reply to Re: He was a non-qual coming out of HS ]

(and I) know that transfer after a year of Tech are just students. Not student-athletes.

They have this rule so kids wont slack on their grades in highschool knowing that all they gotta do is go to tech for a semester to play for the school of their dreams if their grades aren't good.

Re: The difference is he is playing a D1 sport, the people you

Mar 9, 2012, 10:21 AM

Thanks!

Broze Star should trump if 9th grade english was core course***

Mar 8, 2012, 9:17 AM [ in reply to He was a non-qual coming out of HS ]

As an English teacher (or former one, at least), I...

Mar 8, 2012, 1:17 PM

completely agree. ;)

Plus, it's funny how many students with qualifying test scores still enter college with a less-than-9th-grade reading level.

Re: As an English teacher (or former one, at least), I...

Mar 8, 2012, 11:41 PM

As much I love my Clemson diploma, and the hard work associated, I still have great respect and admiration for my uncle, with a grade school education, that owned a regional major business, personally handled the investments for the company's pension, and was extremely involved in his city's community, politics and charitable contributions. He was a MAJOR contributor to one our out-of-state (ie NON-CHICKEN U) semi-rival universities. If you met him, you would never guess his education level. My Dad told me he was always up before sunrise reading the WSJ. He is a picture of what is possible if you put forth the effort. (He wasn't sitting around watching TV or playing video games) LOL. He was an avid golfer, though...business requirement. :) I wish Daniel much success, and hope those who are reviewing his case have as much common sense as my uncle did. GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2012, 11:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Had dinner with Daniel Rodriguez tonight. ]

I hope everything works out!!!
GO TIGERS!!!

About 5 or 6 years ago there was a coot

Mar 8, 2012, 9:36 AM

coot player that got 2 medical redshirt seasons and got a total of 6 years eligibility

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Justin Watts got 6 years here I believe***

Mar 8, 2012, 10:17 AM

are you the ghey lookin' one

Mar 8, 2012, 10:19 AM

or the one in the middle?

Thanks for your insight.***

Mar 8, 2012, 4:43 PM

Gotta love all the comedians around here.***

Mar 8, 2012, 4:44 PM

Q: What do you call a guy that follows musicians around?

Mar 8, 2012, 5:09 PM

A: a drummer

+1 I laughed***

Mar 8, 2012, 5:09 PM

Re: Q: What do you call a guy that follows musicians around?

Mar 8, 2012, 11:45 PM [ in reply to Q: What do you call a guy that follows musicians around? ]

ba dump -ching!
:)

Ah, scouting for a new beau, i see.***

Mar 9, 2012, 12:08 PM [ in reply to are you the ghey lookin' one ]

He a beer or liquor guy? Or not drinking while doing hard

Mar 8, 2012, 5:19 PM

his hard core training?

Mar 8, 2012, 6:11 PM

i think rodney paulk had a 6th yr. this past yr. but i do hope they let this guy play. if anyone deserves this it would be him, plus he will bring yall a lot of national exposure like tim frisby did for us a few yrs ago.

Tim Frisby

Mar 8, 2012, 11:28 PM

What happened to all of the movie deals that your coot website here keeps raving about?

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/frisby_tim00.html

Mar 8, 2012, 9:14 PM

Didn't Case Keenum play for 6 years? Redshirted one year, played for 4 seasons. Threw for 500 something yards and like 5 TDs in his first couple games and still got a medical red-shirt so he could come back and break Timmy Chang's all-time passing yardage record.

Mar 8, 2012, 11:26 PM

Was this taken in Tiger Town Tavern? Sort of looks like it. I have one just like it with a group of friends but then again I think everyone who's ever stepped foot in Clemson has been to Tiger Town Tavern and taken a picture in probably that exact spot.

Mar 9, 2012, 11:06 AM

As an old tiger, class of '63, I retired with 28 yrs. in the Army. I would personally be happy to welcome Daniel Rodriguez and his outstanding military service to the Clemson Family. His military service is in the finest tradition of all Clemson men who have served before him. HOORAH!

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic