Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just thinking about some stuff. (Little Long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,724

Just thinking about some stuff. (Little Long)

Sep 13, 2010, 8:28 PM

I don't post on here often. Read whats on here alot though. Got alot to say tonight folks. When I think of myself and the Clemson Tigers, I see a 33 year old man once a 9 year old boy being so happy that I was moved to tears when David Treadwell drilled a 46 yarder to beat Georgia in 1986, (old boy thought is was so nice, he'd do it twice for '87) I see a 12 year old boy pumped up and ready to get back to school Monday morning to wear his Donnell Woolford #20 jersey when Terry Allen "silenced the Doak Campbell crowd" in 1989.

I see that same 12 year old boy laughing at once ESPN color analyst Kevin Killey saying "If you don't have any defense up the middle, you just don't have any defense" on a November night in 1989 destroying South Carolina 45-0.

I could go on and on about memories being a Tiger fan. But I'm ready to make a new memory.......a memory on the Plains of Auburn. That same Donnell Woolford jersey that used to fit me don't seem to look to appealing on me as it once did. I got 7 year old red head boy though that fills it out just perfect though.

Living in an iternet age, fans of opposing schools are pretty dog-gone brave. This old telephone repairman takes a heavy dose of bitter medicine everyday this time year. Your conference is weak, you ain't nothing without Spiller, your coach ain't even a real coach...he's salesman, a cheerleader. Things like "I would rather be a high school drop-out that have a Ph.D from Clemson anytime" rattle my ears.

It eats at me, it eats at me bad, I guess they know I'm a big ole Tiger grad and fan. But they don't know what's in my gut.

Saturday night could be dern special night to be a Clemson Tiger. Saturday Night we won't have David Treadwell, Terry Allen, Donnell Woolford, or the Clifford Jr. But Saturday night we reach down, we reach back, and Present on ESPN.....BLUNT, FORCE, TRAMA. Every play.....EVERY PLAY!!!! we put a dent on Auburn. If they gain a yard, we put dent on 'em. If they gain 50 yards, we put a dent on 'em.

If you got a special item that been with ya through the years Tiger fans, dust it off, Saturday night we going on old school!

Ya'll have a good night and a good week. Gotta make sure that # 20 Woolford jersey of mine is clean for Jr to wear to school Friday.

Johnny Dollar

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right on brother. Don't let all those coots in New Zion

Sep 13, 2010, 8:45 PM

get you down. And just remember, if there's anything worse than being a coot, it's being a Floyd or a Johnson.

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

I've still got Terry Allen's elbo pad in my wifes hope chest

Sep 13, 2010, 9:20 PM

:)

How did you get that?***

Sep 13, 2010, 10:09 PM

Asked him for it after a game when I was a kid.***

Sep 14, 2010, 5:50 AM

You need to email this to Dabo. Nuff said.***

Sep 13, 2010, 9:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a Danny Ford Block C cap I saved up for in 1984.

Sep 13, 2010, 10:01 PM

The hat is 26 years old now and I'm 42. It's been on my head to both games this year. It will be there again on Saturday. When I'm dead it will be in my coffin along with a bottle of Jack Daniel's and my stainless steel .357 magnum revolver.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My grandfather has the same sort of hat.

Sep 13, 2010, 10:10 PM

It is barely orange now. He actually wore it to the 1981 national championship. He wears it every game day.

Re: I have a Danny Ford Block C cap I saved up for in 1984.

Sep 13, 2010, 10:58 PM [ in reply to I have a Danny Ford Block C cap I saved up for in 1984. ]

Thats right,shoot every coot you see in heaven. If they are in heaven, they posed as a clemson fan....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saturday...

Sep 13, 2010, 11:04 PM [ in reply to I have a Danny Ford Block C cap I saved up for in 1984. ]

Dabo and the Clemson Tigers start a whole new tradition...when teams once again fear to play the Clemson Tigers!!! Lets do it Tigers!!! Shock the SEC-brown-nosing world!

Fantastic Post!***

Sep 13, 2010, 11:07 PM

Clean that jersey this wkend so he can wear it on Monday too***

Sep 14, 2010, 8:14 AM

Re: Just thinking about some stuff. (Little Long)

Sep 14, 2010, 12:22 PM

great post. I sure hope you are right!!!!!

This is the problem :

Sep 14, 2010, 12:31 PM

"I see that same 12 year old boy laughing at once ESPN color analyst Kevin Killey saying "If you don't have any defense up the middle, you just don't have any defense" on a November night in 1989 destroying South Carolina 45-0."

WE really DON'T have a defense up the middle this time...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Iman - you $uck, and you missed his point entirely!

Sep 14, 2010, 2:08 PM

I have 3 boys who will all be wearing jerseys to school on Friday, just like they do every week in the fall.

2 of them will wear 28s. they like Harper and Ellington just as well, and KP too.

1 of them will wear 93. he is my youngest, 5. he has the biggest heart and most determination. i hope 93 makes him proud on Sat. i am proud that 93 is out there strapping it on after what he went thru!

even they know that if you play your hardest and leave it on the field, you win! and they also know if our team plays hard and leaves it on the field, we cheer loud and proud. GO TIGERS!

He-LL yea!! HIT 'EM IN THE MOUTH!!***

Sep 14, 2010, 1:27 PM

Awesome post! Spot the ball now!***

Sep 14, 2010, 1:49 PM

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,724
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic