Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Has anyone else become completely indifferent to Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Has anyone else become completely indifferent to Clemson

Apr 17, 2010, 4:00 PM

athletics?
I just dont really let losses or wins effect me anymore. After so many season of usually more disappointment than excitment, i have become desensitized to Clemson mediocrity. Dont get me wrong I get excited if we start off well but then the inevitable slide occurs and I just sit back and say, "yea thats about baseline for Clemson".
So i have stopped going out of my way to listen or watch Clemson basketball or baseball game (if they are ever on tv).
My advice go out on a boat, go to the beach, dinner or the bars with friends, even a movie. Because i have never been disappointed when i do something enjoyable and come back to read Clemson lost to X, Y or Z. Because like i said more often than not, we have more disappointing moments than encouraging ones.
/rant

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No***

Apr 17, 2010, 4:14 PM

Well....you could be a gamecock fan.******

Apr 17, 2010, 4:15 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you mean like the BOT or Barker?

Apr 17, 2010, 4:16 PM

???

null

well here's the thing

Apr 17, 2010, 4:16 PM

Sports is my favorite activity

good for u, but i like winning..not watching and losing.***

Apr 17, 2010, 4:26 PM

Become an Alabama fan then.***

Apr 17, 2010, 4:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

yes....i joined that thinking some time ago..sad but true.***

Apr 17, 2010, 4:26 PM

Unfortunately, yes. It hurts too much to care too much.***

Apr 17, 2010, 4:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Yes been that way for a while now***

Apr 17, 2010, 4:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Has anyone else become completely indifferent to Clemson

Apr 17, 2010, 5:15 PM

No. Do you feel better after your totaly negative post?

It doesn't seem to bother me as much anymore

Apr 17, 2010, 5:32 PM

maybe indifference, maybe just getting older

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

only you***

Apr 17, 2010, 6:28 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am a Tiger forever

Apr 17, 2010, 7:19 PM

I will NEVER become indifferent to Tiger sports.

No, but roundball L's don't sting as bad as Football ones do***

Apr 17, 2010, 7:44 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?
I think not."
~ Stephen Wright

No***

Apr 17, 2010, 7:52 PM

If a game makes you happy for a week you are fan!

Apr 17, 2010, 8:06 PM

If losing ruins your week you need a head shrinker!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pull a Mickey Plyler

Apr 17, 2010, 8:16 PM

Yankee baseball fan
Canadien hockey fan (historically great)
Manchester United fan

you can't lose

Re: Has anyone else become completely indifferent to Clemson

Apr 17, 2010, 8:18 PM

If all you think about is winning and let teenagers control your life then .... you don't have much of a life to begin with. Take up knitting or some other hobby. Go Tigers. I'm ALWAYS a fan.......

Not for football and basketball.***

Apr 17, 2010, 9:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone can gloat in victory, it's the adversity that

Apr 18, 2010, 11:56 AM

defines character.

Sure it hurts to lose, but if you can't take a punch to the nose and get back up (as a player or a fan) you got no business being in the game.

If life was only defined by those who are at the top, then 99.9% of the world would be a sorry mess. You and so many others are missing what gives life meaning.

And yes, I shamelessly love moral victories. I'd be willing to bet that most of the people who thump their chest on here about there is only one way to define success, winning, are probably pretty big losers themselves in the game of life. For example, CJ Spiller didn't win a championship, didn't win the heisman, faced adversity, and yet if he continues to carry himself the way he did at clemson he will win all the satisfaction that life can offer. Their are also many others that don't make it on the field, yet the opportunity to be a part of something, to compete, makes them satisfied, and ultimately winners.

Get your head screwed on straight and you might not feel a need to broadcast your own internal discomfort to the world.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic