Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
HC Dabo's quote on facebook tonight...............
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

HC Dabo's quote on facebook tonight...............

Jun 10, 2009, 11:20 PM

Dabo Swinney Football Games Aren't Won On The Field In The Fall---They Are Won In The Offseason---Hold That Tiger!35 minutes ago · Comment · LikeUnlike

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Um...actually they are won on the field

Jun 11, 2009, 12:00 AM

The offseason is where you improve to become better, but you win games on the field. I knew we shoulda hired Bud Foster or Gary Patterson.

Re: Um...actually they are won on the field

Jun 11, 2009, 12:21 AM

I guess there is no point in watching the Tigers play this the fall, we are doomed.(insert sarcasm here)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo just wrote on my wall!

Jun 11, 2009, 12:24 AM [ in reply to Um...actually they are won on the field ]

said "orangepaw7 is a tool"

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo just wrote on my wall!

Jun 11, 2009, 12:43 AM

I liked that comment.

with a lightning bolt?***

Jun 11, 2009, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Dabo just wrote on my wall! ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Bud Foster???? Yay!!! Let's get a career assistant!

Jun 11, 2009, 8:04 AM [ in reply to Um...actually they are won on the field ]

Got more experience than Dabo, but I believe Dabo has a bigger upside.

Still not "all in" though.

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Re: Bud Foster???? Yay!!! Let's get a career assistant!

Jun 11, 2009, 8:28 AM

If you're not all in then get all out

Barker said I could hang out***

Jun 11, 2009, 8:47 AM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Re: You can hang out with Barker all you want

Jun 11, 2009, 9:58 AM

But stay away from my football field if you're not going to give me 110% or be all in LOL

career assistant .. real estate agent... Pirate fan boi....

Jun 11, 2009, 8:31 AM [ in reply to Bud Foster???? Yay!!! Let's get a career assistant! ]

The only 1 that really made sense was Heisman. We should have hired him back from GT.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Sorry: UCS gets first crack at long-gone legend coaches.***

Jun 11, 2009, 8:43 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They could have hired me..

Jun 11, 2009, 8:47 AM [ in reply to career assistant .. real estate agent... Pirate fan boi.... ]

if coach would have put me in, I'd have won state for sure.

un real

Jun 11, 2009, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Bud Foster???? Yay!!! Let's get a career assistant! ]

you do not want Foster who has been DC of the year multiple times, has coached in a national title game, and won a ACC title, and year in and year out has had great defenses. But lets hire Dabo....a wr coach..... who sold insurence 5 years ago......who before he took the job had NEVER drawn up a game plan..... yea that makes more sense.

ummm, just say you don't understand then move along...***

Jun 11, 2009, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Um...actually they are won on the field ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Um...actually they are won on the field

Jun 11, 2009, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Um...actually they are won on the field ]

Well just sit back and goof off all off season and expect to win on the field !!!!!

He's right you do win off the field !!!!!
Ask Danny Ford and all of his x players

yep. saturdays were vacay compared to camp/offseason.***

Jun 11, 2009, 8:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yep. saturdays were vacay compared to camp/offseason.***

Jun 11, 2009, 8:39 AM

That's the way it's suspose to be but it has'nt been that way in a while.
Practice should be h3ll and the games should be fun.
Been along time since I've seen that at Clemson

you go to a lot of practices?***

Jun 11, 2009, 8:48 AM

Re: you go to a lot of practices?***

Jun 11, 2009, 9:54 AM

Nope but I did stay in a holiday inn express

Not according to Bostic. After the Bama game last year he

Jun 11, 2009, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Um...actually they are won on the field ]

said games are won with toughness, and that toughness is acquired in the Spring and Summer. You can't wait until game day, he said, and decide "I'm going to be a tough player today."

From a guy who knows more than any of us.

Re: Not according to Bostic. After the Bama game last year he

Jun 11, 2009, 8:42 AM

I talk to Jeff alot lastyear and he said
Practice at Clemson was nothing but h3ll in the spring.
He called it Danny's come to Jesus meetings LOL
He said he went to practice lastyear and said it looked like a cake walk. I saw the samething in the spring.
The players were lazy and the coaches let them be.

Do you mean this spring?***

Jun 11, 2009, 8:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you mean this spring?***

Jun 11, 2009, 9:54 AM

Last spring

we were told the past 4 offseasons ........

Jun 11, 2009, 8:51 AM

that "this was the hardest working group ever at Clemson"..........but the field showed otherwise.

Maybe we need to change that to "as long as you win on the field I don't care what you do in the offseason"

we were told by whom exactly pheebo?***

Jun 11, 2009, 8:52 AM

misspelled who, silly dsp***

Jun 11, 2009, 9:00 AM

he or him? i get so 'finger-tied' sometimes....***

Jun 11, 2009, 9:05 AM

^^^by sometimes he means "its a fetish of mine"***

Jun 11, 2009, 9:08 AM

^^^^^ likes a man in chinese finger traps***

Jun 11, 2009, 9:16 AM

^^^YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!

you know I prefer a pit

and of course summers in rangoon.***

Jun 11, 2009, 9:24 AM

by the coaches***

Jun 11, 2009, 9:08 AM [ in reply to we were told by whom exactly pheebo?*** ]

Cant' link to TI anymore per Crump - Ard apparently gets

Jun 11, 2009, 9:12 AM

p!ssy, but you should look up the sound clips from one of Dabo's interviews where he discusses your point.

Practices used to be 3 hours with a lot of standing around. They were shortened to 2 1/2 and the live reps were tracked. 1100 this spring vs around 750-800 the prior spring under CTB.

There's 2 major differences between '08 & '09 springs.

all I care about is a major difference...........

in the '08 & '09 SEASON............I'm tired of hearing of the "hard work" put in during the OFFSEASON.

agreed pheebo. i'm with you, but I want to see the 'total'

Jun 11, 2009, 9:19 AM

effort and not just lip service. I think we got the later over the course of XCTB's tenure in a lot of ways.

I think there was more than one reason Dabo opened up some practices.

you're right pheebo..hard work in the offseason is not

Jun 11, 2009, 9:26 AM [ in reply to all I care about is a major difference........... ]

necessary to win on the field...that's been our problem...you nailed it

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah nice off season last year Bowden

Jun 11, 2009, 10:59 AM

way to have them primed and ready right out of the gate. LOL

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic