Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Press Conference: Is this what people and reporters expect?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Press Conference: Is this what people and reporters expect?

Dec 7, 2004, 10:30 AM

TB: "I called this news conference today to discuss the dismissals of Mike, John and Theielen.

I fired John because his defense first half the year was awful, so awful David Blackwell and I had to take it over. He's not recruited very well either.

I fired Mike because our offensive performance was unacceptable not only by Clemson, but by ACC and in fact most division one standards. Worst Clemson offense in years. They fired Tommy West for offenses more productive than this, and hired me to fix it. So he had to go.

I fired Theilen because he can't recruit worth a lick. Has barely landed a player since he got here.

Now I know that these public assessements will permanently damage their personal and professional reputations, and make it difficult for them to obtain gainful employment in the coaching profession and thereby feed and clothe their families and educate their children, and generally make me look like a complete ###, but so be it. You have a right to know.

So, I sent them packing, and attached to the press releases are complete transcripts of the dismissal meetings I had with them.

Now, let me tell you who all the other coaches are that I'm looking at to replace them. Because that way, the schools that they are at will be able to try thwart my efforts to get them, give them raises, cars etc. Additionally, this way I and the Clemson football program, the athletic department, the entire university and all our proud fans and alumni will be publicy embarrassed if any of them turn us down, just like Notre Dame and old Urban Meyer. That was really funny and embarassing, and although it would be insane to put us in that position, hey, you have a right to know, right?"

Come on. What planet are all these people from? I swear...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

POTD***

Dec 7, 2004, 10:33 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HOF nominee***

Dec 7, 2004, 10:33 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Demon Deacon problems? There's an app for that too, and it ain't buggy like that yellowjacket repellant:

Great post! Sarcasm meter required!***

Dec 7, 2004, 10:34 AM

LMAO...excellent!!!***

Dec 7, 2004, 10:36 AM

Your Character is what you do when no one is watching.

Terrific post. Hope all the lurking media types read it.***

Dec 7, 2004, 10:37 AM

I agree completely. That is a ridiculous article on the

front page. Bowden isn't the type of person or of the character to belittle or downgrade someone personally or professionally. I respect and appreciate him for that. What good would it do for Bowden to pull those coaches through the mud. I do not need the nitty on why they were fired. The reasons were quite glaring to me. And, that wasn't Lovett's defense towards the end of the year.

Lol. Nice.***

Well said...***

Dec 7, 2004, 10:39 AM

PERFECT***

Dec 7, 2004, 10:41 AM

You left out the part where TB said

Dec 7, 2004, 10:41 AM

"Dr. Phillips did not force me to make the changes, but explained if they were not replaced I would be."

He also went on to say, "The decision to skip the bowl came from the biggest ### bait, butt pirate I know, John Swofford. And if I ever see him in a dark alley I'll stomp him a new mudd hole."

Re: You left out the part where TB said

Dec 7, 2004, 10:57 AM

I agree with you on the bowl thing, I missed that.

I thought about the AD angle, but I don't think he was pressured by TDP. I think he did it himself, it hurt, he still likes those guys and doesnt' want to talk about it out of respect for them and what they have contributed to his success.

Me too I was just keeping it in line with your sarcasm***

Dec 7, 2004, 11:39 AM

Jerry Rice.***

Dec 7, 2004, 10:42 AM

you just got some airtime, my friend ;-)***

Dec 7, 2004, 10:48 AM

How's that? ******

Dec 7, 2004, 10:58 AM

null

Great Post!! Let the man do his job & the media can do...

Dec 7, 2004, 10:54 AM

their's - speculate!! Point for you

Well done...well done indeed !!!!***

Dec 7, 2004, 10:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I would guess they are from Uranus, and they were probably..

Dec 7, 2004, 11:17 AM

there during the Clemson vs. Carolina basketball game last week, seeing as how none of them even dared to writ e an article on it. Yet, they had time to blast Bowden and again bring up the brawl. They continually imply that it was CU's fault. But, to paraphrase Jeff Davis said, they started it when they taunted us at the bottom of the hill. Can't but one team run down the hill and if you wanted to do it you should have been a Tiger.

Great post!***

Dec 7, 2004, 11:28 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Post of the Year...

Dec 7, 2004, 11:56 AM

I am so tired of the media as well as others thinking that they are entitled to know everyone else's business. Coach Bowden handled a tough situation as well as possible in my opinion.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic