Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looking for help from a few (or a lot of) Clemson friends
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,505

Looking for help from a few (or a lot of) Clemson friends

Aug 6, 2008, 1:35 PM

This post isn't exactly about sports and it isn't exactly about Clemson but it sort of is about both. If you think that sports is about being a good sport and using your physical ability to help others, then it's about sports. If you believe that Clemson fans are basically good people who are willing to support great causes if they are able, then it's about Clemson. And that's the reason I decided to post my request here.

On September 11th, I plan to join the 100 member Ace "Tour de Kids" bicycling team in Chicago, IL. We will then pedal (No, we're not riding Harleys, 64Tiger!) our bikes from downtown Chicago to St Louis, MO arriving on Monday, September 16th. The purpose of the ride is to call attention to and raise funds for the Children's Miracle Network.

Here is a link to a website that explains the tour and Children's Miracle Network: Ace Tour de Kids

Here's where you come in. In order to ride, I am obligated to raise a minimum of $3,500 for CMN. My goal is $5,000 and I would love to exceed that. If you've ever visited a children's hospital, you already know what a worthy cause this is. Rather than ramble into a too long post, I'll just ask:

If you are able, will you help?

Here is how you can donate:

By going to my Tour de Kids Website

Or by sending a check directly to the Ace Hardware Foundation:

Ace Hardware Foundation
Attn: Jody Phillips
2200 Kensington Ct
Oak Brook, IL 60523-2103

If you mail a check, please write “Tour de Kids – Jared Smith” in the memo area.

Thank you so much for your support! The children appreciate it and so do I!

Now if I can just arrange for Clemfan to meet me at the arch with a cold six pack of Sam Adams, I'll be all set. :)

Garrison Hayes and me

Me with Garrison Hayes, a bone cancer survivor and Denver's Miracle Child for 2007, on the final day of last year's tour

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Consider it done, help is on the way and thank you !

Aug 6, 2008, 3:18 PM

What you are doing is amazing, enjoy your ride.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Consider it done, help is on the way and thank you !***

Aug 6, 2008, 3:23 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,505
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic