Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is really pathetic
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

This is really pathetic

Mar 1, 2008, 7:25 PM

Huge Clemson fan and I think its so pathetic that Gamecock fans are on top of the world for beating us in baseball. There are so many games and any team can bet any team any given day. I like going to the games to drink a few beers but with so many games its hard to get into it. Gamecock fans around here are acting like they won the national championship or something. Pretty pathetic from a fanbase that has nothing else to live for. Go tigers! Beat the terps

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You and I both know if Clemson had won

Mar 1, 2008, 7:35 PM

there would be tons of posts on here bragging about it. Why can't we have our moment?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Fact is that you own the weekend games and we own the

Mar 1, 2008, 7:56 PM

Wednesday nite games.

have it on your own board***

Mar 1, 2008, 7:58 PM [ in reply to You and I both know if Clemson had won ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why would we want that?

Mar 1, 2008, 8:05 PM

FGF doesn't allow Clemson posters, for the most part. The result? A bunch of delusional Carolina fans completely convinced of their superiority in every way.

We've got enough of those already.

I like the dissenting voices, keeps things more interesting.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think a lot of us want that.

Mar 1, 2008, 8:11 PM

They won today. Good for them. Let them celebrate.

I don't want to see it on Tigernet.

I know there's a faction of people who want it.

Mar 1, 2008, 8:14 PM

What I asked, is why?

What good would that do?

Most of the people that complain the loudest about it are the same people that attack other parts of our own fanbase for not having orange glasses on all the time.

As an aside, the "they're OBSESSED with us" talk would be more convincing if 70% of the posts on this board on any given day weren't South Carolina related.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think if you look at my posts I've never

Mar 1, 2008, 8:29 PM

attacked any part of our fanbase or been accused of looking through orange glasses. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I can respect that. I agree that it appears the regular board is obsessed at times with the gamecocks. But simply put and to answer your question why, I (and I believe a majority of tigernetters) don't care to see gamecock fans come over here and bring their delusions with them. Surely you see no benefit in them doing this other than to stir the pot? And if stirring the pot is what you are referring to then I think it adds no value to this site in my opinion other to make things between the two fan bases worse.

I don't agree with your use of the word "faction" though. This implies you have some prior history with some of the posters. Somehow I believe the majority of folks who post on these Tigernet boards just don't want a gamecock fan on this board stirring the pot.

As I said, good for them winning the game today. Hopefully we can come back and even the series tomorrow.

Do you not agree?

Stirring the pot is one thing.

Mar 1, 2008, 8:34 PM

We have our own on here who do that too.

My point is that nobody did that today. Nobody stirred that pot. What's wrong with reasonable interaction with their fanbase? Why have a rivalry if you aren't going to have interaction with the rival?

help the clemson family!
isabel's medical fund:
http://www.helpisabel.com/

A lot of the people that call for it

Mar 1, 2008, 8:39 PM [ in reply to I think if you look at my posts I've never ]

(RMH, Big Daddy) are the same people that disparage other Clemson fans. I didn't mean you, specifically.

I don't think it harms the board to have some smack talk between the rivals. But then, I live in OK and only get to smack talk them on here.

I also think some of them bring valid points to the discussion here.

In my experience, message boards of any type that shut out dissenting views are breeding grounds for ignorance and a false sense of superiority to the "outsiders". I've seen it happen on religious and anti-religious boards, sports boards, political boards. For me, these boards are worthless even when I agree with their point of view. It's just a giant circle jerk with no critical thought.

I agree on the baseball, I hope we kill them tomorrow, and I'm sure if we do, there won't be any classless Clemson fans on here rubbing it in. At all.

I don't see anybody celebrating on here.

Mar 1, 2008, 8:15 PM [ in reply to I think a lot of us want that. ]

Heck, if you scroll down, you'll even see a couple of complements about our team.

help the clemson family!
isabel's medical fund:

Exactly one topic started by a Gamecock

Mar 1, 2008, 8:18 PM

sincerely asking about one of our players that he knows.

That's it..."STOP CELEBRATING ON OUR BOARD".

Absolutely, never

Mar 1, 2008, 8:31 PM [ in reply to I don't see anybody celebrating on here. ]

stated otherwise.

IN ABSOLUTE agreement. You deserve MORE than 1 pt.***

Mar 2, 2008, 8:08 AM [ in reply to Why would we want that? ]

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

I agree with you. Wins against Clemson, in anything, are so

Mar 1, 2008, 8:24 PM [ in reply to You and I both know if Clemson had won ]

few and far between that you better enjoy it while you can.... because you know Daddy will be reclaiming his crown soon.

put yourself in their shoes for just one minute

Mar 1, 2008, 7:39 PM

as horrible a thought as that is. They haven't beaten Clemson in anything of note in nearly a calendar year.

They are CONSISTANTLY whipped by their rival school in every athletic and academic endeavor, even though the rival school is half its size, has half its resources (money, endowments, alumni, etc.), and is half its age. This has been occurring most of these folks' entire lives, fathers' and grandfathers' lives. The very thing they make fun of us for (being uneducated racist rednecks) is on constant display in the mews media (see the recent cockfighting report on the TV news).

USC fans' hate and jealousy felt towards Clemson far, far exceeds any perceived hatred you might have for USC. Every victory USC can get over Clemson, no matter how small, is something relished, remembered, and savored far longer than any victory Clemson has over USC. There's just too many of them from our side.

^^^^^^^^^^So true!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^***

Mar 1, 2008, 7:45 PM

Point for speaking the truth!***

Mar 1, 2008, 8:20 PM [ in reply to put yourself in their shoes for just one minute ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

I'm glad I'm not in Cootlumbia to find that out for myself***

Mar 1, 2008, 9:36 PM [ in reply to put yourself in their shoes for just one minute ]

#1 Fan of Clemson Athletic Marketing Team

Give them their due

Mar 1, 2008, 7:44 PM

we all knew they were likely to be the better team this year. On the upside, it's baseball, so nobody really noticed.

Coot!

Mar 1, 2008, 7:49 PM

:)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2006_pickem_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That kinda sucks though.

Mar 1, 2008, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Give them their due ]

Baseball is the best "rivalry" we have with them. It's usually a battle of teams in the top 10, but nobody notices. Imagine if our football programs were in that league.

help the clemson family!
isabel's medical fund:

Hopefully we will be

Mar 1, 2008, 7:55 PM

I couldn't care less if Carolina gets into the top 10.

I don't say that because I don't care about baseball, but as college sports go, it ranks just between tennis and swimming in the national conscience.

I think this rings true for the regular season....

Mar 1, 2008, 7:57 PM

but the College World Series does draw some attention

Some...like NHL Playoff vs. NBA Regular season ratings.***

No doubt.

Mar 1, 2008, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Hopefully we will be ]

I just think it's a shame that most Clemson "fans" probably didn't even know there was a game today.

help the clemson family!
isabel's medical fund:

Congrats Coots. You have a good baseball team as usual.

Mar 1, 2008, 8:36 PM [ in reply to Give them their due ]

Assof09 is still an idiot though.

I noticed

Mar 1, 2008, 9:38 PM [ in reply to Give them their due ]

I drove to Charleston Friday night to see that game then to Columbia and am going to Clemson tomorrow. I wish more Clemson "fans" would show up at games other than USuCk every year.

#1 Fan of Clemson Athletic Marketing Team

Had the Tigers won that game...

Mar 1, 2008, 7:45 PM

we would be basking in the glory. Let them have their fun, they earned it

Coot!

Mar 1, 2008, 7:48 PM

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2006_pickem_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To the victor goes the spoils...

Mar 1, 2008, 7:47 PM

Win tomorrow and they'll shut up.

Let them gloat when they win something, we do.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's just it... they don't ever shut up!***

Mar 1, 2008, 8:22 PM

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Like our fanbase would be any different had we won?***

Mar 1, 2008, 7:48 PM

help the clemson family!
isabel's medical fund:

While TigerBoard certainly isn't a paragon of virtue, I

think this thread illustrates the difference between here and FGF. We have a few people who can't handle adversity and a lot of people with perspective.

FGF has a few people with perspective and a lot that are just bitter.

They had a big win over a great rival- their time to gloat.

Mar 1, 2008, 8:13 PM

They earned it. Congrats indeed!

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic