Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sunday morning sermon: Supper's on the table.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 746

Sunday morning sermon: Supper's on the table.

Nov 4, 2007, 6:19 AM

GEE-HAW'D!! Good morning, and many thanks to those who helped carry the divine destruction of Duke to its logical and ordained conclusion.

Back when I was a little snake handler, we used to have what church folks call supper on the ground. Essentially it was a pot luck meal, where you showed up with something good, as did everyone else ... and you ended up with a heck of a feast.

Yesterday was Clemson's supper on the ground. Everywhere you turned, there was a tasty tidbit. The Tigers brought Deviled Eggs. The smell of fried chicken was everywhere. Even old Daddy brought us some Boston baked beans.

But nobody ate until the preacher said grace and made this pronouncement: "Ladies and gentlemen, supper's on the table. Grab it and growl, or someone else will."

I cannot begin to overstate the feast laying before the young men of Clemson this day. And I cannot understate the effort it has tekend by them to stand before this bounty.

Three impressive wins, including two on the road (and can we PLEASE now dispense with the "Duke is never an easy game" stuff? Duke is Duke, and the universe is back in its place.)

Truth is, we could have made the Duke game a monument of desolation, a patch of land forever scarred with the blood and bones of the Philistines of Durham. But there was no need. The Dukies were little more than an appetizer, something to stir the digestive juices and wipe you hands on the tablecloth for the rest of the meal.

We now have a three-course feast ahead of us. Each plate brimming with opportunity for redemption or indigestion.

First comes Wake, a team tottering at the brink of backsliding to their old break-even ways. They have been to the mountaintop and will not be eager to stumble back down the mountain. It will be up to the Tigers to set their feet on that path, plant a paw-sized boot up their butt and let their landslide continue.

It's like manhandling Duke. It's how things are supposed to be. If we are to set the football world right, this is a job that MUST be done. Wake must fall, and WE are the men who must do it.

Then comes BC, talented and smug, owners of overtime wins over Clemson for the past two year. There's no need to remind folks what beating Wake means with BC. There are so many souls signing and moaning, awaiting deliverance by our Tigers with this game. Their cries for release can be heard even as we prepare for Wake. Patience dear souls...let us defeat the Deacons first, then your howls will be addressed.

Finally, the lamentably laughable Chickens. It is impossible to watch their spurrious short-circuited season and not have flashbacks to our own last year. That in itself should serve as motivation for that game.

So, where are we now? Thanks to the fine folks who brought these dishes to the dinner Clemson stands, fork in hand, at the most appetizing spread we've seen in years. A feast has been prepared for us ... all we have to do is say grace and dig in.

This is our banquet, young men of Clemson. You control everything now. Do not let a morsel slip from your plate.

I smell victory. It makes me hungry. And just in time, the preacher is getting ready to say grace.

Supper's on the table, boys: Grab it and growl, or somebody else will.

Grab a fork and dig in, folks. This is going to be a heck of a meal!

Message was edited by: RevDodd®

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got Rev his FIRST point today....yessssssss!***

Nov 4, 2007, 6:28 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I dabbled in pacifism once myself Dude. Not in 'Nam of course."

-Walter

AMEN REV.....AMEN!!*****

Nov 4, 2007, 6:31 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Needs

Nov 4, 2007, 6:41 AM

and the congregation will be back next week, with a longing for more "gospel"

Awesome!***

Nov 4, 2007, 6:57 AM

Amen Reverend!***

Nov 4, 2007, 7:16 AM

Great Sermon!***

Nov 4, 2007, 7:45 AM

Good job Rev!!***

Nov 4, 2007, 8:40 AM

Always enjoy reading these. Good job again, Rev. ******

Nov 4, 2007, 8:41 AM

null

Amen. Do I need to go to church now?***

Nov 4, 2007, 8:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At least make it Wednesday night....

Nov 4, 2007, 8:55 AM

..The Baptists up here will be in full windmilling force.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 746
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic