Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Message from a UGA fan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Message from a UGA fan

Oct 26, 2006, 1:43 PM

I was in Clemson this past weekend for the Clemson/GA Tech game. As you can tell by my handle, I am a Georgia girl--I bleed red and black. Ideally, I wouldn't spend my Saturday in Clemson for a football game. However, my brother flew in from Phoenix for the game (I think he is 19B or something for those of you that recognize him on Tigernet). So, I went along to hang out with him. Like the true Georgia fan that I am, I wore my Georgia shirt on gameday in what I was afraid was going to be a hostile environment.

I created an account on Tigernet because I wanted to share my experience of gameday with Clemson fans. I had the BEST time in Clemson. My brother and I walked around before the game and I couldn't get over how friendly all of the Clemson fans were. Of course, there were a few jerks out there (where aren't there, right?) but by and large, the Clemson fans were awesome. I just want to say "thanks" for making my gameday experience so great. I have been to other campuses (and even in Athens) and have been ashamed by the behavior of the fans, but not in Clemson. Thanks and please continue to make visitors feel as welcome as you did for me this past weekend. As Clemson fans, it is something you should feel proud of. I LOVE my Dawgs, but I have made room in my heart for the Tigers. Good luck tonight!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

glad you had a good time. Hopefully this is one Clemson

Oct 26, 2006, 1:45 PM

tradition that will never change

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Somebody forward this to Paddy***

I am more than willing to get you some orange to wear

all the time! We'll be really nice to you then!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am more than willing to get you some orange to wear

Oct 26, 2006, 1:49 PM

Hey, now. Not going THAT crazy. :)

i live in athens...you guys are alright....sometimes :-)***

Oct 26, 2006, 1:47 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're related to 19B®???

Oct 26, 2006, 1:48 PM

I'm sorry.

:)

I kid. Great post!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're related to 19B®???

Oct 26, 2006, 1:50 PM

I wasn't going to claim him, but I swear, everytime I talk to him on the phone he is on Tigernet!

my wife thinks i'm married to this place first***

Oct 26, 2006, 1:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll take that as a compliment, Joe. :)***

Oct 26, 2006, 1:50 PM [ in reply to You're related to 19B®??? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep! :-)***

Oct 26, 2006, 1:55 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm glad you were tailgating with some sweet people

Oct 26, 2006, 1:48 PM

some kid I was tailgating with tried to start a fight with me over the fact I won 400 dollars on a bet.... But other than him everyone else as pretty sweet. I even got a lot of free beer from a few frats, and some random guy gave me a full heineken keg can outside of the stadium. I had a great time too though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Whatever, Mutt!!!

Seriously, thanks Tigers, for showing my sis a good time. Wait, that didn't sound right.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you said it...a good Tiger time***

whew, for a minute there i thought i knew your sister***

Oct 26, 2006, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Whatever, Mutt!!! ]

Every fan base has their share of jerks, but we realize

that people's impression of Clemson is how we treat the opposing fans. We respect our school to much to be rude. Well most of us anyway. Glad you had a great time. I'm pulling for the Dawgs this weekend. We need you all to win.

romans 8:28

www.loosechange911.com/
www.killtown.com
www.letsroll911.org
www.universalseed.org

you should come here more often :)***

I think our games against TexasA&M really helped with that

Oct 26, 2006, 1:55 PM

aspect of Clemson gameday experience. The Aggie fans were top notch in their hospitality towards the opponent both in College Station and in Clemson and it really opened our eyes to what affect that has on visitors. We have always been friendly towards visitors, but I think that experience took it up a notch.

Great story. Thanks for sharing.

Beat the Gators!!!

Re: I think our games against TexasA&M really helped with that

Oct 26, 2006, 1:58 PM

It's strange, I think. I mean, you don't really notice something like that until you go somewhere where you are treated so well. This was one of the best gameday crowds I have experienced, not even to mention that it was a night game and had the potential to be ugly, you know?

Georgia girls are always welcome..

Oct 26, 2006, 2:00 PM

Not necessarily the type that bark or throw dog food. My cousin is a UGA grad and we converted her. So glad you had a good time and hope you come back. Always had a goodtime in Athens except inside Sanford stadium.

Good job students!***

Oct 26, 2006, 2:28 PM

Rreasons like this Clemson won the Sportsmanship Award!

Oct 26, 2006, 2:30 PM

thanks UGA Chick!!!

Wow, you may have the best Points/Posts ratio EVER!!!!***

Oct 26, 2006, 2:39 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

I think Shoeless has her beat by a hair????***

Oct 26, 2006, 2:41 PM

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic