Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm not much for celebrating my birthday.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

I'm not much for celebrating my birthday.

Jun 3, 2022, 11:14 AM

Previous to this the only birthday I announced on Tnet was my 65th which happened on 6-3-17. Today I am 70 years old. Neither my father nor either of my grandfathers lived past 64 so every year on this day I set a new family record.

I am not too old to remember being so young I thought everyone over 40 must be miserable because of the age limit. I was fighting age limits back then too. Not old enough to drive, not old enough to drink and not old enough to die.

Whew, I'm glad those days of not being old enough are passed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happy birthday. I hope your day is filled with a lot of run

Jun 3, 2022, 11:19 AM

and some rest!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Happy birthday. I hope your day is filled with a lot of run

Jun 3, 2022, 5:21 PM

A lot of runs? Must be celebrating with a trip to La Fiesta bar and grill for an atomic burrito.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm not much for celebrating my birthday.

Jun 3, 2022, 11:23 AM

Happy Birthday brother my birthday is today ....Good day

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2022, 11:25 AM

Happy birthday Tiger!

Jun 3, 2022, 11:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Happy Birthday!!

Jun 3, 2022, 11:59 AM

And many more to come.

Message was edited by: Ryno1013®

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2022, 1:13 PM

Happy Birthday, we were born in the same year

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2022, 3:09 PM

Happy Birthday! My 64th birthday is tomorrow.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2022, 3:27 PM

Happy Birthday to you. 64 was a good year for me.

https://ok.ru/video/20331825669

No work, no money and therefore no honey.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happy birthday!***

Jun 4, 2022, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm not much for celebrating my birthday. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Happy Birthday Eighty Eight! ....and many more to come!!!***

Jun 3, 2022, 3:18 PM

Jun 3, 2022, 3:34 PM

Happy birthday. You're younger than me but we are both Septugenarians.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

7 0

Jun 3, 2022, 3:51 PM

Nothing personal, but I will now have to add you to my ignore list.
Fat womins and geezers creep me out.

the tug abides

Yikes! That is one creepy, nightmare-inducing GIF.***

Jun 3, 2022, 5:29 PM

Happy birthday ??***

Jun 3, 2022, 4:03 PM

Jun 3, 2022, 4:26 PM

Welcome to the 70's club.

Happy birthday! Cheers to many more!??***

Jun 3, 2022, 4:38 PM

everyone over 40 must be miserable

Jun 3, 2022, 4:38 PM

I remember when I was a young kid of 70.
Back then girls still loved me. This is after the Lake Russell Race.
Times were slow as it was all hills and the course was long. Hills are hard for a guy my size. Those girls hung until that last down hill. A beer belly helped by gravity is hard to top.

the tug abides

Re: everyone over 40 must be miserable

Jun 4, 2022, 9:52 AM

Looks like you might’ve won your age group!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

26 minute 5k time at 76... that's impressive

Jun 4, 2022, 10:36 PM [ in reply to everyone over 40 must be miserable ]

I know a lot of people in their 20s and 30s who can't even get a sub 30 min 5k time.

Jun 3, 2022, 4:42 PM

Happy Birthday! It’s my birthday as well!

Happy Birthday

Jun 3, 2022, 4:48 PM

And I wish you many more.

So why the 1988 in yo handle thingy ? Just curious.

Jun 3, 2022, 5:33 PM

and HAPPY BIRFDAY ! ! ! !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Proof that I am realizing my age.

Jun 4, 2022, 8:04 AM

I addressed your question yesterday and must have forgotten to hit post message.

I graduated in Aug of 1988 at the age of 37. I had four kids and a big fat wife when I enrolled in fall of '85 and five kids and a wife who got bigger and fatter during my time at Clemson. I spent two quarters at G'ville Tech previous to that. I had one heart attack and one heart surgery after those two quarters and took a considerable bit of time off school to work and gather funds.

I worked in the Clemson area as a sheet rock contractor up to and during my time at Clemson except during my Sr year which was the first 7 months of '88. I had a 24 hr load in Spring that year and did two 9 hour six week sessions to prevent having to go another two semesters because of sequential courses which were scheduled fall 88 and spring 89.

Happy Birthday on this milestone, ole Friend.

Jun 4, 2022, 6:22 AM

(Notice I said ole...not old.)

I reach my own on August 5th...75, still refusing to quit work, and for the most part, pretty much enjoying life as I always have. Many blessings from above for which I am grateful.

Enjoy your day, and best wishes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Happy Birthday on this milestone, ole Friend.

Jun 4, 2022, 8:26 AM

If I'm alive I'm going to find something to do. I enjoy my recliner, TV and internet but nothing keeps me in this chair like God's Holy Word.

I am finishing up the undercoating on my project car this coming week and beginning the body paint activity. This is the end of a decade of remodeling, restoration or revamping. It's not a concord restoration because I don't have a garage and a rotisserie for such but the list of components which have been removed, rebuilt and replaced is extensive.

I suspect at my rate of progress it will take a month or two, perhaps, to get all the paint work done. I'm sanding the car but not stripping the paint completely, it doesn't need it. The dings are tiny relative to a 1985 automobile for it sat half that time. Lord willing on all this plan, I intend to sand, work the little flaws with a hammer and dolly, fill the minor imperfections with putty or glaze according to the severity of the subject ding, shoot two coats of 2K high build primer (which I picked up yesterday), shoot two light/med coats of 2K sealer (most likely Transtar epoxy) then three coats of Spies Hecker 040 Mercedes black paint and four or five coats of Spies Hecker clearcoat.

I intend to sand the clear with 1200 grit (Lord willing and merciful) I don't get runs or radical orange peel from the clearcoat) then 1500g, 2000g, 2500g, 3000g then buff it out to match the original single stage German paint job.

The winshield stays in the car. The trunk lid, rear windshield, sunroof and hood get pulled with all getting painted on the stands. I'm thinking two months minimum, three max.

Then, Lord willing, I'm remodeling my old home in Six Mile. They said it can't be done. I say that's what they told the Wright Brothers?

6-3-17 : )

Jun 4, 2022, 9:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 6-3-17 ??***

Jun 4, 2022, 9:47 AM

A date that will go down in infamy.

I hope you had a Happy Birthday!***

Jun 4, 2022, 1:43 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jun 4, 2022, 2:44 PM

I'll turn 70, November 27, and if not for my back issues, I could still run with the 30-40 year old group, and there isn't a thought in my mind telling me that I couldn't!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

could still run

Jun 4, 2022, 7:27 PM

I tell myself the same thing but know it is not true.

the tug abides

I still run.

Jun 4, 2022, 10:45 PM

I run to the bathroom at least once a day and walk the other times. I run to the stove when I am cooking and smell smoke. I run every time a woman shows me inordinate amounts of attention and I constantly run my mouth.

MANY MORE!!!!!***

Jun 4, 2022, 7:31 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic