Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We will go at least 9-3 next year....can u feel it??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

We will go at least 9-3 next year....can u feel it??

May 7, 2011, 12:10 AM

Its our boys. Our D and will b rock solid and our O will get it done!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't concede 1 loss, much less 3

May 7, 2011, 2:36 AM

I will accept them after the fact, but I still like the agony of defeat. No matter how delusional it may be, if I start expecting losses, I'll hand in my Tiger card.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Being rational and a fan are not mutually exclusive***

May 7, 2011, 9:58 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: Being rational and a fan are not mutually exclusive***

May 7, 2011, 10:26 AM

except, apparently, in your case.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Being rational and a fan are not mutually exclusive***

May 8, 2011, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Being rational and a fan are not mutually exclusive*** ]

just ask any usuc fan.they've been nc contenders for so long now, that even when they were 0-11,they were still in the top 10.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guess its easy to call people delusional

May 8, 2011, 5:33 PM

when you just make things up to call them delusional for.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: We will go at least 9-3 next year....can u feel it??

May 7, 2011, 5:41 AM

i think 9-3 is very reasonable. that means there is a chance to run the table, just like aurburn last year i dont think their fans had any higher expectations than that. cfb any thing can happen. god i love college football.

May 7, 2011, 9:55 AM

I always approach every game as if we'll win. Maybe it's the whole Orange KooL-Aid thing but why play 'em if you don't think you'll win? "Go Tigers!"

My lucky penny says

May 7, 2011, 10:29 AM

6-6.

It nailed it last year and hasn't been too far off for way too many years.

Try it - you might have a lucky penny in your pocket too.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

10-2.***

May 7, 2011, 11:00 AM

May 7, 2011, 11:45 AM

Who are the losses to?

Yall should start out 2-0 pretty easily. It will be interesting to see what kind of team Auburn fields so I'll leave that as a toss-up. You'll probably lose to both Florida State and Virginia Tech. Yall should probably beat Boston College, but it seams like that game has given you problems the last few years. Maryland should be a W. If you couldn't beat UNC this past year you probably won't beat them this year. I'll call GT a toss-up. Wake should be a W. NC State I'll call a toss-up and I'll say you'll lose to USC.

I think 9-3 would be absolute best case scenario, but you should probably expect closer to 6-6 or 7-5. That would be victories over; Troy, Wofford, Maryland, and Wake Forest; losses to VT, FSU, and USC; and split up Auburn, NC State, UNC, GT, and BC.

I feel like that's a pretty fair assessment, Though I'm sure you will all quickly call me a stupid coot and tell me to GTFO.

May 7, 2011, 12:22 PM

I wont call you that waterboy...
Based on last years performance you would be spot on...
But if this new offense improves at all, we will have a much better record.
6 of our 7 losses were close games last year. You improve the offense and you get 3 of those back easy.

May 8, 2011, 1:41 PM

add a reliable kicker and last years offense was good enough for 8 wins,and i feel this years version of the "o" is going to be alot better.you do the math.

May 10, 2011, 7:34 PM [ in reply to Re: We will go at least 9-3 next year....can u feel it?? ]

We took Florida St. to the wire last year with no resemblance of an offense in their house. This year we play FSU at home with what should be an improved offense, so I feel that is a win.

VT will be a hard game to win, especially at VT.

Again we play UNC at home and they lost a lot on offense from what I remember and again we had no resemblance of an offense. I feel confident we take care of them in the valley.

I say we will go 8-4, or 9-3 depending on Auburn game and if we don't lose a game we shouldn't.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2011, 12:30 PM

Are you kidding me right now? With what team?

May 7, 2011, 12:45 PM

I have to agree with Millertime on this one. Kinda hard to go 9-3 with a unexperinced QB, injury prone RB, and the best DE in the nation gone pro.

May 7, 2011, 1:21 PM

Losing 6 players to the NFL plus the loss of McDaniel and Parker should make plenty room for some good athletes to get playing time. The sky's the limit.

May 8, 2011, 1:50 PM [ in reply to Re: We will go at least 9-3 next year....can u feel it?? ]

anybody that takes their name from a chicken can't be taken seriously.

More like 7-5***

May 7, 2011, 1:27 PM

Re: More like 7-5***

May 7, 2011, 2:32 PM

I would love 9 and 3 but if that were to happen, Dabo would go from everyones hot seat to king.

not at all, it would show he should have done much better

May 7, 2011, 2:40 PM

last year and will show he is looking inconsistent and totally unpredictable, exactly like the guy we fired who had better results.

Re: not at all, it would show he should have done much better

May 7, 2011, 7:50 PM

Already making excuses just in case we have a good year and all your babbling about Dabo turns out to be wrong. You're pathetic.

"Pathetic" is putting it nicely and doesn't fully describe

May 8, 2011, 12:07 PM

how stupid that guy is. Plus, he can't find a single coach in America who hasn't had some down seasons, but don't expect him to acknowledge that simple fact.

It is funny to watch him tough, blue caddy tries so hard with his bogus unhappy fan routine, but ultimately he'll be proven wrong and the fact he's a moron and a phony will be plain to see for even the most gullible of tnetters.

Dabo suxs, and our schedule is hard = 7-5 period,

May 10, 2011, 11:27 AM

Dont need to analyis the players the asst coaches, home, away, etc - It;s coaching man - Thats it

Re: Dabo suxs, and our schedule is hard = 7-5 period,

May 10, 2011, 11:29 AM

and you are quite a guy yourself i am sure.

Just looking at results my friend -***

May 10, 2011, 11:31 AM

Re: Just looking at results my friend -***

May 10, 2011, 11:32 AM

pardon me hope i never have friends like you.

I wouldnt think we run in same circles

May 10, 2011, 11:35 AM

My House does not have wheels :)

Goobs galore***

May 10, 2011, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Dabo suxs, and our schedule is hard = 7-5 period, ]

##### galore? where?***

May 11, 2011, 4:44 AM

Re: More like 7-5***

May 8, 2011, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Re: More like 7-5*** ]

when did dabo go on everyones hotseat?

May 7, 2011, 7:06 PM

Its a new year with a new OC,that cant be worse than Napier.The D will be strong,and we will score more points.So 9 wins is very possible,I think the second half of the season we will be playing good football.Plus when we're not expected to do much,the Tigers finish in the top 25.I think this year will be much better than last year.

D-Tackle depth will be a serious issue, so no, I don't...

May 7, 2011, 8:50 PM

see it. Hope they prove me wrong.

Nah...I don't feel it...

May 7, 2011, 9:01 PM

I feel 10-2, at least. Teams will be shocked when they see our speed and talent. Our freshman linebackers would unseat seniors at pretty much every school.

We're gonna be siiiiiick!

Freshmen haven't done anything yet. Unseating Seniors....

May 8, 2011, 1:19 PM

on just about anyone's roster????? Come on.

May 8, 2011, 1:10 PM

It's going to be a rebuilding year on defense. We lost some key players in Bowers, Jenkins, McDaniel, Gilchrist, and Maxwell. That's half of our DL and 3/4 of our backfield. I think the players that we have are good, but I don't think that they will be as much of an impact early as everyone thinks.

I think that Brewer and Sensabaugh are both a considerable step down from Gilchrist. Maxwell was never as good as I thought he would be, he probably should have been moved to safety, so maybe Brewer will be an upgrade there.

Goodman is very good, and I think Crawford will be a good player. However, I think it's unrealistic to think that either will have the impact that Bowers had last year, or would have had this year. It's just not going to happen.

A lot of people are touting Rennie Moore, but I see this as a HUGE drop off from Jenkins. Jenkins was a big DT that was a 3 year starter. Having Moore in that position will essentially make our line have 3 DEs. Bowers and Jenkins were so dominant last year because opposing OLs couldn't double team both of them, so one was usually able to break free. I don't think that will be the case this year and we will see a big drop off on the DL. We really need to recruit some top quality DTs. Thompson was our last big pick-up for a true DT and that was 4 years ago.

As for Meeks picking up for McDaniel, I'm not sure what to think. He has a lot of experience, and he seemed to be alright when he was in, but I can't really remember much of what he did (I'm not sure if that's good or bad, lol). Our LB play was so bad last year that a lot of stress was put on the safeties. I don't see our LB play getting significantly better this year. I know we picked up a bunch of studs this year, but to expect a total make-over with true freshmen is unreasonable.

As for the offense I don't know what to think. I'd say that we have upgraded at every position except for LT and maybe QB. I really like Boyd and want him to do well, but I didn't come away from watching the Spring Game overly impressed with the offense. I liked the pace, and I liked how the RBs looked. How well the running backs looked could have been due to what I talked about above with the turn-over on the DL and the weak LB play, so I don't really know.

I think that we will score more points this year, but I also think we will be letting up more. We averaged 24 points a game last year and we let up about 19. Tulsa average about 41 points a game. I don't think we will see that kind of production this year. Realistically we should expect around 32 points per game average, which is a respectable increase and should make us a top 25 scoring offense as opposed to being around 80th. I definitely wouldn't expect to average more that 35 points. I think that we will let up some more points on defense I will say around 22 points per game.

With those kind of points I think we are headed for a 8-4 year, or maybe 9-3. I think that a 10 win year is out again. It really hurts having Auburn, FSU, and VT so early in the year before we can really integrate the new schemes and freshmen.

May 8, 2011, 1:56 PM

we've always rotated players on the d line,so a named starter doesn't mean quite as much.breeland and/or peters will make an impact in the secondary.

May 8, 2011, 2:54 PM

Jenkins had 89 career tackles (56 going into his senior year). Moore has 28 career tackles going into his senior season. Regardless if he was rotated in, that's a lot of production to be missing. Not to mention he's 30 to 40 pounds lighter than Jenkins.

Last year Bowers had 54 tackles and 15.5 sacks. Goodman had 24.5 tackles and 1 sack.

At this point Breeland and Peters are what Dabo referred to as practice all-americans. They have not seen any action in a game and to say that they will make an immediate impact is very premature and nothing more than speculation or hope.

May 8, 2011, 7:01 PM [ in reply to Re: We will go at least 9-3 next year....can u feel it?? ]

It's a reLOADing year on defense and an improved offense. I think 9-3 is very reasonable. Anything less than 8-4 is an extreme disappointment.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

May 8, 2011, 2:08 PM

Actually, no I can't and here is why:

Dabo is 6-7 in nonconference games (.461)
Dabo is 19-15 overall (.558)

Bowden was:

29-13 in nonconference games (.690)
72-45 overall (.615)
won 8 or more games 5 times in 9 full seasons
never had a losing season.

Bowden followed Tommy West and had to build a foundation from nothing.

The 5 seasons prior to Dabo taking over, Bowden had won 9 games twice and 8 games twice.

Dabo can sell ice to an eskimo, but I have a gut feeling like the talent is not developing due to coaching. Success is 50% coaching and 50% the talent you have. Get whomever you want to your school but you can't have success without coaching. Dabo is not helping the situation.

2008 Death Valley Us vs Them, we won. He got the job. It has been downhill since then IMO.

May 8, 2011, 2:45 PM

the assitant coaches have been greatly improved,the head coach did what needed to be done.lets wait and see the results before we jump to conclusions.

Clemson should go 9-3 in 2011 based on player talent

May 9, 2011, 5:50 AM

,which is based on recruiting rankings.

Hate to bring this up but FSU and Auburn recruit as well***

May 10, 2011, 4:33 PM

STEP AWAY FROM THE BONG!

May 9, 2011, 9:32 AM

Its bad for you.

9-3 shouldn't be hoped for. . .

May 9, 2011, 1:53 PM

. . .it should be expected.

I think with the changes in staff and a different dynamic among the players on offense, 9-3 should be given.

10-2 would be a bonus. 8-4 would be mediocre.

Anything less than 8 wins, and further staff changes should be automatic.

How bout that ... Head Coach ? Why not hire a winner ?

May 10, 2011, 11:30 AM

Its good job in a weak conference. Great situation to win conference and have a shot at national title?

May 9, 2011, 2:06 PM

no, i can't. my main reason is that every real game (except maybe auburn) that TB came into he crumbled. am i alone in this lack of faith in TB.

May 9, 2011, 3:15 PM

tommy bowden has been gone for over 2 years

May 9, 2011, 3:33 PM

Tosh boyde

Lose to VT , FSU, UNC Gt and one stupid one !

May 10, 2011, 11:24 AM

Better coaches , better or equal talent - we lose 8 out 10 times

But we play real close :)

Re: Lose to VT , FSU, UNC Gt and one stupid one !

May 11, 2011, 4:52 AM

u suck! negative lil p####.

Re: Lose to VT , FSU, UNC Gt and one stupid one !

May 11, 2011, 10:35 AM

What I am worried about is the fact that in football now you don't just win because you have great players at almost every position, but now you have to have at least 2 and in some positions 3 deep that are all top quality players. I'm not sure we are there yet.

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic