Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those of you saying Clowney's trying to "punk" Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 3,520

For those of you saying Clowney's trying to "punk" Clemson

Feb 6, 2011, 10:51 AM

by "toying" with us, just so he can "slam" his childhood favorite team's in-state rival: u guys are insane. If hes toying with or punking anyone its the SOUTH CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. He's been a LOCK for them for TWO YEARS now, but doesn't commit to them, OR sign with them on National Signing Day.

Now he is making them sweat and cringe and squirm, on TOP of giving Clemson the most positive publicity we've had since 1981. So no, this isn't some twisted sabotage plot by Jadaveon Clowney to break the hearts of Clemson fans. We've already signed our ridiculously awesome class, USuC has been banking on Clowney for years to make this class DECENT for them.

So I am 100% sure that mister JC just absolutely loved what he saw on campus last weekend and now he is seriously taken aback by the fact that he hasn't looked into us more before now. Go where your heart tells you to go Jadaveon (and you know that's Clemson)

Go tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For those of you saying Clowney's trying to "punk" Clemson

Feb 6, 2011, 11:04 AM

Very well said. I agree 100%.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2011, 11:30 AM

no punk here....HE WILL PLAY WITH THE OTHER 5*' AND THEY WILL BE KNOWN AS THE ((((CLEMSON FAB SIX))), remmber the MICH FAB 5 in basketball.

null

Feb 6, 2011, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Re: For those of you saying Clowney's trying to "punk" Clemson ]

I agree 100%, too. Go with your heart, JC!!

whipping Stanford, PSU, OK and WVU from 86-89 was

Feb 6, 2011, 11:21 AM

a lot more positive than some kid's recruitment.

"They killin' my baby!"***

Feb 6, 2011, 1:30 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even if his interest in Clemson were legitimate...

Feb 6, 2011, 11:27 AM

what has happened during his recruitment has built one of the most hyped decisions in the history of South Carolina athletics.

Clowney has orchestrated this whole thing perfectly. It is entirely possible, that he is still 95% sure he wants to play in Columbia, but he is milking the process to make himself a celebrity. Jadaveon Clowney is a celebrity at this point, and he had quadrupled the attention on him by delaying his decision and acting as if he doesn't know where he wants to go.

I am still convinced he is a coot. I don't think he's trying to punk Clemson, but it is obvious he loves attention and making this between Clemson and SCAR and making it seem down to the wire and delaying it to a day where only his decision matters is the perfect way to have the entire state, and many around the country, hang on his every word. Clowney will play at SCAR.

Oh and by the way, Clowney's recruitment isn't even close to the best publicity Clemson has received since 1981. And if we don't get him, who cares what he said about us.

Message was edited by: Completely Solid Orange®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Even if his interest in Clemson were legitimate...

Feb 6, 2011, 10:43 PM

"Oh and by the way, Clowney's recruitment isn't even close to the best publicity Clemson has received since 1981. And if we don't get him, who cares what he said about us."

It is good press to have the ESPN and other gurus speaking about Clemson daily this far after signing day... especially as they compliment the class we already signed, and our ability to "make it difficult" for a guy to pick against going here (Clowney may or may not, Steward opted to pick against the favorite).

Its not so much any compliment from Clowney, or what he is saying about Clemson... but that we are being shown as a program rising - yes a disappointing season, yes a HC under some heat, but some positive coaching changes and a great recruiting class!

We are not losing anything in this. Regardless.

Or....

Feb 6, 2011, 11:59 AM

You said, "Now he is making them sweat and cringe and squirm, on TOP of giving Clemson the most positive publicity we've had since 1981. "

Although if they know where he is going, they wouldn't squirm. Think about it. SOS has said nothing abut the situation, those in the know at FGF the TBS are not sweating its all the fans.

For the Ti subscribers how many times has Cris told you he knew something he couldnt report....the silence of the recruiting experts is deafening. They are not giving daily updates because they know.

The #8 class in the country is a GREAT class....sure Id love King Kong but it aint gonna happen lets enjoy our #8 class.

SOS can't say anthing about the situation***

Feb 6, 2011, 12:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He can't menttion JC by name. but much like Dabo and the

Feb 6, 2011, 12:10 PM

King Kong reference he can comment on the situation.

stop kidding yourself.....he's not coming to clemson........

Feb 6, 2011, 1:28 PM

he's signing with USC on the 14th

he's toying with ANYBODY other than USC b/c he's not going anywhere BUT USC......end of story.

And he told you this when ?? **

Feb 6, 2011, 1:31 PM

nm

Message was edited by: tiger49®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Indeed. We are "unpunkable" in this scenario.

Feb 6, 2011, 1:34 PM

He has been a "done deal" to USC for as long as I've heard people talking about him. If he commits to USC on the 14th, does anyone REALLY think that Clemson fans are going to sit around whining about how the #1 recruit in the country took an extra two weeks to tell the nation that, although he's always thought he would go to USC, one visit to a Clemson team coming off of a 6-7 season has him realizing that Clemson is just such a great place that he has to think about it?

We cannot lose. It's just degrees of winning on this deal, obviously with JC's commitment to us being the ultimate win.

null

Re: Indeed. We are "unpunkable" in this scenario.

Feb 6, 2011, 2:17 PM

And don't forget, now he is going to visit Oregon. Obviously this kid loves the spotlight

Not sure it's confirmed that he's visiting Oregon yet

Feb 6, 2011, 3:32 PM

His father's words in the interview on the clemson insider said he's not taking anymore visits, save for the unofficial to clemson UNC bball game on the 12th. If we get this last visit I'd say we have a 55/45 advantage over the coots. Maybe a hair more =)

Gooooo TIGERS! :)

Re: Not sure it's confirmed that he's visiting Oregon yet

Feb 6, 2011, 10:31 PM

The visit to Oregon was nothing more that an overzealous staffer hoping to get a scoup.
If JC was such a lock to usc(least,) why wasn't he helping to recruit for them before national signing day?

Feb 7, 2011, 2:14 AM

I hope your spot on, would love to see him in orange, that kid is a beast !

Bump. More points, please? lol***

Feb 7, 2011, 8:04 PM

Replies: 18
| visibility 3,520
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic