Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Those of you who think Dabo is being unfair are missing the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Those of you who think Dabo is being unfair are missing the

Sep 24, 2013, 1:58 PM

point...

It's not about "no flag, no penalty". The gesture is one of immaturity, and Dabo has always said his first job is to mentor young men and represent the university. It's not like a hold or chop block that was missed.

It's about what it represents, and how you help make a young athlete learn responsibility.

A responsible, humble, Martavis Bryant is a better football player for Clemson than the one that Dabo is mentoring.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

and tajh's "money sign" is mature?????

Sep 24, 2013, 2:07 PM

just sayin..

Re: and tajh's "money sign" is mature?????

Sep 24, 2013, 2:12 PM

I wasnt a fan of that but I understand it was something they got from that qb coah Whitfield or something. They also stopped that in #### tracks with Boyd.

Now I can see a guy like Joe Bob Walkonson getting excited and maybe doing something crazy but established guys like Boyd and Bryant should act like they have been there before and expect to return real soon

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i heard the same regarding the qb coach but at the same time

Sep 24, 2013, 2:17 PM

to the blind fan/player/coach/ref..........it can be perceived as who knows what.........and can be looked at as "taunting" by a ref which would cost us a 15 yd penalty in the future

Re: i heard the same regarding the qb coach but at the same time

Sep 24, 2013, 2:19 PM

no doubt glad it stopped. you'd think guys would have something better planned. Instead of the "Ohhh let me do what every other player does" mentality

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm intrigued...

Sep 24, 2013, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Re: and tajh's "money sign" is mature????? ]

What is this "#### track" you speak of? I want to know more about that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Wow

Sep 24, 2013, 7:47 PM [ in reply to Re: and tajh's "money sign" is mature????? ]

The word "####" isn't blocked but marquee (pronounced "mar-kee") is?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Wow

Sep 25, 2013, 7:50 AM

M@rquee is a "reserved word" meaning that it can be read as HTML code, potentially screwing up the page display. There are several HTML words that are blocked.

Not sure why the former word isn't blocked. It made me chuckle though. :)

The throat slash carries a certain stigma...

Sep 24, 2013, 2:12 PM [ in reply to and tajh's "money sign" is mature????? ]

that is what has to be addressed... Also, we don't know the details. Maybe Dabo had already talked about the gesture.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

My guess is that he did address it....

Sep 24, 2013, 2:25 PM

with the entire team. Maybe Bryant didn't get the message the first time.

As Dabo said, "I bet he won't do it again".

I bet Dabo is right about that too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dabo's first job is to win football games***

Sep 24, 2013, 2:08 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is a bi-product of how a coach does things***

Sep 24, 2013, 2:13 PM

Bull Crap...

Sep 24, 2013, 5:09 PM

Winning football games is not a bi-product of mentoring young men. Just ask the Miami Hurricanes championship teams.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo will tell you his first job is making good citizens out

Sep 24, 2013, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Dabo's first job is to win football games*** ]

of these young men.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Over simplification.***

Sep 25, 2013, 8:31 AM [ in reply to Dabo's first job is to win football games*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

It's also a potential penalty than can throw a game's

Sep 24, 2013, 2:12 PM

momentum back into another team's corner following a scoring play. We can ill afford such worthless penalties as our competition heats up the remainder of the season and this is as good a way as any to reinforce the message to the team.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo is absolutely NOT being unfair....

Sep 24, 2013, 2:20 PM

and his decision to sit Bryant is absolutely the right thing to do.

He's not just coaching football, he's mentoring these young men and teaching life lessons.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Bryant has had issues in the past...Tajh, not

Sep 24, 2013, 3:18 PM

You treat everyone differently depending on history, personality, and a lot of other varying situations.....anyone who says they treat everyone the same is lying.....

Cliffnotes of this post: Embracing double-standards.***

Sep 24, 2013, 3:29 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Wants to treat everyone different. Supports segregation.***

Sep 25, 2013, 7:52 AM [ in reply to Bryant has had issues in the past...Tajh, not ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Those of you who think Dabo is being unfair are missing the

Sep 24, 2013, 3:28 PM

SO - let me get this straight. It's okay to sit Bryant for a gesture, but when Boyd does the money-sign gesture, it's okay?????? Did spurrier teach Dabo that? What message is that sending to our team? It's okay if you are a critical player, but if you're not the top guy, then you have different rules.

btw: tell Dabo to tell Boyd to stop doing the money-sign after scoring. It's not funny anymore.

Dnn't recall Sammy or Nuk doing any of that....trust me

Sep 24, 2013, 5:18 PM

just handing the ball to the ref will pay off some day some how down the road..refs watch football too.

lets stay classy

Sep 24, 2013, 5:41 PM

And above our rivals like usc and their ilk. We need to be harder hitting, but not thugs.

Agree. One of the coolest things that that I have ever seen

Sep 24, 2013, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Dnn't recall Sammy or Nuk doing any of that....trust me ]

is when Nuk or Sammy have an amazing catch, then toss the ball to the ref and run to our sideline. It states....." What else did do expect?". Go back and look at Sammy's Maryland catched two years ago......I love it.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Sammy is one of the biggest trash talkers in the ACC

Sep 24, 2013, 7:26 PM [ in reply to Dnn't recall Sammy or Nuk doing any of that....trust me ]

Per Sammy and F.S.U....oh, it doesn't matter what you say, as long as you don't include hand gestures.

Re: Sammy is one of the biggest trash talkers in the ACC

Sep 25, 2013, 8:25 AM

Huh?

Question is, if they are coached all along the way

Sep 24, 2013, 5:19 PM

why do they do these things? You should know how to act and what not to do before you step foot on the field. This has something to do with our playing down to the competition. Our players look undisciplined from many different perspectives. Sideline looks crazy unorganized in addition.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question is, if they are coached all along the way

Sep 25, 2013, 8:26 AM

A win is a win is a win

Yorktiger, I gave a point and I'm really glad you came back.

Sep 25, 2013, 7:59 AM

I'd have to take issue with you on your passion to defend Dabo. He doesn't need folks like us anymore. He now has a trackrecord. It stands for itself and he represents our fine University with humility, passion and integrity.

I really don't give a rat's #### what the dumpers have to say. I'm finished trying to educate them. Actually, everybody who counts has quit nitpicking the details about our coach. I doubt that most of these summbiches are Clemson fans anyway. I think most of the good guys here are supportive or silent on such issues as this.

Since I believe Dabo has won all the good guys over to supporters or silence the rest can go to helll with the coots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Those of you who think Dabo is being unfair are missing the

Sep 25, 2013, 8:10 AM

I think Dabo is doing the right thing. Me personally, Boyd sits too. All of his jesters is not what I want to see from a Clemson player. The networkd keep playing them over and over. Only adds fuel to the fire, in my opinion. JUST PLAY BALL.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic