Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Want to trade 3 yr old. Slightly used, permanently grounded
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Want to trade 3 yr old. Slightly used, permanently grounded

Aug 1, 2010, 3:35 PM

AS football approaches i got the fever and painted my bonus room

It took me a week, but i got it done. Then , not 2 hrs after the last drop of paint was dry.. my 3 yr old decided it needed a little touching up

I don't think i've ever been more mad at the little guy. So i'm looking to trade him or worse.. send him to The University of South Carolina. There is vandalistic skills will be put to no good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Partner, my dad would like to talk to you. 47 years ago, he

Aug 1, 2010, 3:56 PM

painted the front porch white on a Saturday. Sunday morning, he heard a commotion right outside his bedroom window at about 6 am ( windows were open back then, no A/C ).Halfway awake he mumbled outloud," Bryan, is that you?". Bryan ( his 5 year old son ) said, "Yessir". Dad," What are you doing?". Bryan," Paintin' ". Dad was IMMEDIATELY wide eyed and out the front door, but , too late. I had already done the damage. I had painted the porch brown, bricks included. Back then, the paint can lids wrapped around the top, and I had broken all of his ball point pens getting the lid off.

I asked my dad," How does it look?" and he just said,"Fine son, fine", got out the white paint and started painting it again. That is why father's day is father's day. When your son gets to be 52 years old like I am, the two of you will have shared this story a few hundred times. Think about that when you are repainting and it will take the edge off.

Have a great day!!!!

Spud

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have one awesome dad

Aug 1, 2010, 6:48 PM

I hope you are thankful for him.

I love my dad dearly, but we had a lot of differences growing up in my childhood, that we have, for the most part, put to rest now.

When I was about seven, I thought I would do something that would make him proud. We had a lot of acres, and a recent storm had knocked down numerous limbs and debris off the trees. He had been wanting to get around to moving them forever, but was a workaholic, and did not have the time. I moved them for him, up into a field that we never used, thinking he would be so proud when he got home. Instead, he was mad, because he was "about to pay someone to come and mow that field, now we are going to have to move all of that crap." I was crushed.

When I played little league baseball one particular season, I struck out one time the entire year. All he ever talked about after the season was my one strikeout, instead of my high batting average.

But, when I got older I realized he loved me, and worked so long and hard so he could pay for me to go to college, which was Clemson, and I did not come out having any student loans when I graduated.

Some dads just show it in different ways. The main thing for a kid is knowing they are loved.

After posting my story, I jumped in the car to go down to

Aug 1, 2010, 7:11 PM

Wren and run the steps at the high school. I called my dad to tell him about GreenvilleTiger's 3 year old assistant. We both got a big laugh. My dad is now 76. He said he knew I was trying to help. The 3 year old today was just emulating what he had been watching his dad do all week. Just gotta laugh and get out the paint brushes.

My son did something simular.

Aug 1, 2010, 4:20 PM

All I could do was love him bit I did made him watch as I did repairs. I'm waiting on karma to bite him, his son is only 1. I will be there for my grandson when that comes as well.

Special memories you will laugh about for years.

your post is ....

Aug 1, 2010, 5:37 PM

...similar to the way the word is actually spelled. Not exact though. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My son did something simular.

Aug 1, 2010, 9:09 PM [ in reply to My son did something simular. ]

Back in '06, my 3 year old son decided to write his name on his dad's (my) 3 month old truck with a rock. When I saw what he was doing I yelled "Jonathan, NO!". He started bawling and wouldn't stop until his Mom could hold him. I wasn't mad, just shocked! I was able to compound most of his name out. A year or so later he apologized. I showed him where it was and said,

"See! You can't even see it. Anyway, this will make a great story when you are older."

And it does.

If you look at it in the right light, you can still see it. It sort of makes the truck "mine".

Just for reference, in about an hour and a half, an . . .

Aug 1, 2010, 4:28 PM

upstairs overflowing toilet full of toliet paper can destroy about 1200 square feet of home living space, and over the master bed room and kitchen, the cost of repair is about 15,000.00; good news however, is that the game of Halo X-Box live, causing the lack of attention to make sure the toilet properly flushed before leaving the bath room, can be won during that amount of time if you are skilled enough at playing it - g&b

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

must be a gamecock thing.. Same thing happened

Aug 1, 2010, 4:37 PM

to my neighbor.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: must be a gamecock thing.. Same thing happened

Aug 1, 2010, 4:39 PM

where do you live?

Fellas, I'm getting a bad feeling this is somehow connected

Aug 1, 2010, 6:27 PM

to the ice at Willie Brice. Just sayin'.

Wow might be a coot***

Aug 1, 2010, 5:46 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

cleaning up coffee off my desk. thanks***

Aug 2, 2010, 12:27 PM

but awesome paint job***

Aug 1, 2010, 5:51 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kids will be kids but

Aug 1, 2010, 7:07 PM

who left the paint and brush where he could get it??? Oh I would have been poed because you did a beautiful job. But as the others on here say...remember this day pay back is fun and when he has a son then you can sit back and laugh.

Question is...do you leave it like it is and when he is old enough to know what he did...make him touch it up? Or no ice cream for two weeks and redo yourself. Remind him those two weeks as you are retouching that is why he is not getting any. He will get the picture. Frankly I would leave it and have him redo...that would be awesome punishment!!

I'll swap you an even trade. 3 yr old for 3 yr old. Mine

Aug 1, 2010, 7:49 PM

is fond of tackling dogs, writing on walls with Sharpie pens, punching me in the face (watched a boxing match with daddy and wants to be a boxer), playing with/in mud, and pestering the everloving cr@p out of his big brother. Mine might be qualified for a work/releast type program.

That's the funniest thing I've ever seen on here

Aug 1, 2010, 7:54 PM

Sorry about that. I wish my wife would let me paint the house like that but I think our marriage would end.

point lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

awesome room! need a pool table to go in there??***

Aug 1, 2010, 8:32 PM

No, but a play pen with at padlock would be nice.***

Aug 1, 2010, 8:42 PM

Re: Want to trade 3 yr old. Slightly used, permanently grounded

Aug 2, 2010, 7:51 AM

Just remember, grand children are God's gift to you for not killing your own young. You did a great job on the room. It can be repainted, but this will be one of those stories that will be told over and over. His punishment will be to have to listen to you tell it over and over and over.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice job Gee. Question for you.....

Aug 2, 2010, 10:12 AM

did you paint the Tiger Paws too or did you use Fat Head decals? Either way, it looks great.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Did a similar paint job a while back, used stencils.***

Aug 2, 2010, 9:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Aug 2, 2010, 11:21 AM

That would be your fault, you are the one who left a 3 year old with paint unattended. So don't blame the 3 year old.

Aug 2, 2010, 2:34 PM

What wonderful stories! You need to save all of this for him to read one day....can you imagine showing these pictures at his wedding rehersal? You're a good dad-forget punishment-just having these pictures will give you(and him) so many laughs.

Blasphemy!***

Aug 2, 2010, 9:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Aug 2, 2010, 10:04 PM

About 20 years ago when I was about 5 or 6 my family went to Ocean Lakes. One day my parents dropped me and my older sister off to play minigolf near the pool. Afterward my sister stayed to wait for my dad but I decided to make him proud by walking and finding my way back all by myself. Two hours later I eventually found my way back to find that my dad was still out looking for me a long with a law enforcement helicopter. Lol it wasn't a good a day for me that day.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic