Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Give Tommy Bowden 10 year extension or Fla State will soon
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Give Tommy Bowden 10 year extension or Fla State will soon

Nov 26, 2005, 7:15 AM

You may think im kidding, but Tommy is a better coach than Jeff that is at Fla State. I want Tommy for another 10 years. Look at how many coaches win 7... win 9 win 3 win 4 then finally win 6... at least we have not slipped to a 3 win season. or a 2 win season. We need to give him time, Hes going to get over the top and once he does he will be feared more by other teams, and take us to the top of college football. Just needs one or two more recruiting classes to get us there... Hes on the way. The quarterbacks we have now, and willie Korn i see us winning the national championship in 2-3 more years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL.***

Nov 26, 2005, 7:21 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

I hope you don't really think

Nov 26, 2005, 7:34 AM

that we will win the MNC in the next 3 years. Because if you do you will be sorely dissapointed. ACC Title? Yeah, sure I'd say we win one in the next 3 years, but the National Title? So many things have to go right in a season for a team to win the MNC, any team that EXPECTS to win one is overlooking the state of CFB.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Give Tommy Bowden 10 year extension or Fla State will soon

Nov 26, 2005, 7:34 AM

As crazy as it is to say this, we are only 12 points away from competing for a National title game, and 3pts away from a possible Orange Bowl berth. The future could be bright.

Put down the crack pipe, son...

Nov 26, 2005, 7:36 AM

First off, Florida State, as an institution, knows better then to have the son of a legend follow the legend himself. Nothing but bad things can come from that, regardless of how successful the son may be.

Secondly, and most importantly, it is widely known that Kevin Steele, FSUs recruiting coordinator, is the odds on favorite to be the head coach in Tallahassee when Bobby retires...

Sakes...

Re: Give Tommy Bowden 10 year extension or Fla State will soon

Nov 26, 2005, 7:57 AM

WHOA. Take your hands off the keyboard and slowly back away.

1) NC in the next 3 years? Anything is possible with the right alignment of stars, but... there are much more talented teams out their, with better foundations, so very doubtful
2) Before Bowden gets another contract extentsion, he should have a 10 win season. Going to a 12 game season, it shouldnt be all that hard. Loses to WF have to stop, and the team has to be prepared every week. Our team looked like crap in the WF, GT and USC games... that performance does not warrant a extentsion.

Does raise deserve a raise + bonus? SURE, but not an extentsion

I think FSU will be going after Cal's head coach

Silly Coot, do you

Nov 26, 2005, 8:16 AM

want to lose here too?

If Tommy is as optimistic as you

Nov 26, 2005, 8:30 AM

he won't be going anywhere and if he wins the NC in three years then he gets that contract. According to what I've heard Tommy say before he'll be out of coaching before then. Him and his dad and older brother have some things going on in realestate.

Hmmmm....

Nov 26, 2005, 8:41 AM

http://tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=1951740#1951740

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hmmmm....nailed and impaled!***

Nov 26, 2005, 8:52 AM

Re: Hmmmm....

Nov 26, 2005, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Hmmmm.... ]

hahahahahahahaha

Your act is getting old, coot..... Four in a row hurt?***

Nov 26, 2005, 8:53 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does Momma know you're up this early?***

Nov 26, 2005, 8:54 AM

Tommy said he wants to retire here, he said this is his

Nov 26, 2005, 9:46 AM

dream job, he'll be here until he retires. His name will be in the ROH. He'll prove a lot of naysayers and lead us back to elite status, he's been slowly doing it over the past 7 years. In 2000, we lost 3 games, 2 of which were blowouts. This season we lost 4, all by 6 points or less. We haven't been completely dominated for 60 minutes in a few seasons. We may not win 9 games every year yet, but we are getting closer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ralph at MD is a very good coach yet suffering through anoth

Nov 26, 2005, 9:56 AM

er poor season. Groh a pergola U. is supposed to be a very good coach, yet is suffering through a poor season. UNC has about the best facilities in the country yet....
The one consistency about Tommy is that he has not had a losing season.

What happened to this guy??

Nov 26, 2005, 10:30 AM

http://www.thetigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=1951740#1951740

Now that's funny***

Nov 26, 2005, 10:53 AM

3rd straight day coot just call Bowden daddy and get over it

Nov 26, 2005, 10:55 AM

6-1 must keep you up night after night.