Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A warm National Signing Day welcome from Clemsonjoe...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 713

A warm National Signing Day welcome from Clemsonjoe...

Feb 2, 2005, 2:38 AM

Dear Future Tiger Football Greats,

I would like to extend my deepest and warmest welcome to Clemson University. You have certainly made the right decision. You are very talented, extremely athletic, and most importantly...you are very, very smart.

You have chosen a University that not only excels in Academics and Athletics, but a University that is not a partner, but a leader in the community. Clemson's research helps so many of the great people in this state. That is why we are here...to provide a top notch education and to give our all back to our community.

You have chosen a University that is considered to be one of a kind by its peers. A place where young people can come to learn about politics, religion, philosophy, science, mathematics, and most importantly...how to be a productive member of society. You will take things from this place that will stay in your heart until the day you pass. And when that day comes, those that knew you will say of you..."He was a Clemson man."

You will take the field wearing that burnt orange majesty. Your tiger paw will glisten in the warm fall Carolina sun. People from all across the country will come to watch you do what you love most. And people will love you for it. The will stand proudly next to you in your triumphs and hold your head up in your failures.

You have not only chosen a place of knowledge, but you have become a member of a sacred and beloved family. The Clemson Family. A family that will be with you as long as you live.

You will enjoy the gracious feasts in Harcombe...all you can eat my friend. You will cross the library bridge on a cool autumn day. You will pass through the same halls as some of the finest men and women to ever call themselves Americans. You'll cross Bowman Field on a warm spring day and watch it transform into Bowman Beach. You will spend the best years of your life where the "Blue Ridge Yawns its Greatness." And you will be thankful for the time spent here...and yearn to be back once you've left.

But, Clemson will never fully leave you. It will forever and always be a part of your life.

Good luck today, as you sign that dotted line. Good luck at Clemson University.

You can now call yourself what few men have...a Tiger!

Your Fellow Tiger,
Joey Ader
"Clemsonjoe"

<##### bgsound src="http://www.clemson.edu/tigerband/Download/Audio/1998-1999CD%20Tiger%20Rag!/30%20Clemson%20Alma%20Mater.wma">

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could very well be the best post I've ever read.

Feb 2, 2005, 3:29 AM

Nice job!!! You really summed up what it feels like to be a Tiger. I really hope a lot of these young men thinking about spending the next 4 years of their lives here read this because I think your post really portrays the life of a Clemson student and the resulting product, being not only a life long Clemson sports fan but also a well equipped person that can make a difference in this world. If any of you guys who are thinking about joining our family are reading this, we all would love to have you. Good luck with whatever decision you make even if it's not with us. May God Bless Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well thank you....

Feb 2, 2005, 3:32 AM

very well said yourself.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A warm National Signing Day welcome from Clemsonjoe...

Feb 2, 2005, 4:17 AM

That is one of the best posts I've ever read. Excellent job!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post, my friend...

Feb 2, 2005, 10:45 AM

When I get in town on Friday, I must buy you a drink and make a toast on your behalf. See ya, pal!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellant!!!!!!...***

Feb 2, 2005, 6:18 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 713
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic