Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I miss Clemson.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

I miss Clemson.

Feb 4, 2010, 10:13 PM

I miss college.
I miss not worrying about a mortgage, car payment, student loan payment, 1 hour commute, idiot boss, losing my job, etc.
I miss skipping class.
I miss class.
I miss looking forward to Thursday nights more than Friday nights.
I miss playing Gran Turismo on PS2 until my friggin thumbs went numb.
I miss getting stupid drunk on a random Wednesday night for the hell of it.
I miss everything about being at Clemson.

Eff the real world. This #### blows.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I miss Clemson.

Feb 4, 2010, 10:15 PM

Amen brother!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you got that right!***

Feb 4, 2010, 10:25 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Ah, life is good.

Feb 4, 2010, 10:36 PM

:)

So do a bunch of other people

Feb 4, 2010, 10:38 PM

but it's called growing up. I wouldn't trade watching my sons growing up and now my grand daughter for being back at school. I wouldn't trade the knowledge I've gained and love I've experienced in life to be a student again. Dang, I hope I'm never that stupid and self righteous again. You have to give up some of the less important self indulgences to gain the more important things.

Seriously, from your post history I know you are wishing you could do the student things and have the money and knowledge you do now, but after 67 years I still find that there is so much I want to do and see that I wouldn't want to give up any of that experience to go back to any earlier time.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all due respect...

Feb 4, 2010, 11:11 PM

We are at completely different points in our lives. I am a newlywed (Oct 2008), 5 years removed from school, no kids, etc. I'm not saying I want to miss out on any of the things you mentioned, I'm just not there yet. I'm at a point right now where being back in school looks a hell of a lot better than the reality I face every morning of getting up and going to work.

Yes, there are great things about being out of school...marriage (not kidding fellas, she's awesome), money, ability to travel and do fun things. But, hey...I had some pretty awesome years at Clemson and I miss it. I just don't see anything wrong with that right now.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing wrong with missing it, you always will.

Feb 5, 2010, 12:32 AM

There is just so much more that is ahead of you, that I hope will be so much better than school was. Yes, there will always be responsible "crap" that needs done like paying the mortgage, but that wonderful wife wasn't possible while you were a student. Like I said from your post history I'm pretty sure your head is on straight, and I hoped I have conveyed the idea "the best should be still ahead of you." Every time I think it may not be better ahead of me something happens to make me optimistic about it all again. Kind of like a sports season, we win more than we lose usually, and then there is always next year to look forward to.

No need to be in a hurry..pace yourself....

Mar 5, 2010, 10:46 PM [ in reply to With all due respect... ]

I was married for 11 years before my twins arrived. One wonderful part of my life has been repalced by another wonderful part. In the end you'll find that each and every part of your life will have something that you miss greatly. Sounds like you are doing okay for yourself though. My Dad's been gone for almost twenty years now, and that part of my life is not replacable; it just *was*, and although gone never to return, I am glad I was there.

Great post. I totally agree! Clemson was a special place

Mar 5, 2010, 10:36 PM [ in reply to So do a bunch of other people ]

and I am so glad to have earned my bachelor's degree from there. I love my Tigers, and have some great memories from my time at Clemson.

With that said, I have zero desire to go back. I hear people mention wishing they lived in Clemson, and I think, "Really?!?" It's great when you are in college, but not now. No way.

And for what it's worth, I'm single and in my late 20's. Clemson was a special time in my life, but I have had so many incredible experiences since - experiences I wouldn't have had if I had stayed in Clemson and failed to branch out.

To each his own, right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

don't we all!***

Feb 4, 2010, 10:56 PM

And we miss your photos of Clemson. ;)***

Feb 4, 2010, 10:57 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks. I really miss taking them.***

Feb 4, 2010, 11:02 PM

Re: Thanks. I really miss taking them.***

Feb 4, 2010, 11:10 PM

Check you T-Mail

Check your T-Mail Clemsonjoe***

Feb 4, 2010, 11:11 PM [ in reply to Thanks. I really miss taking them.*** ]

Is this a suicide note?***

Feb 4, 2010, 11:19 PM

lol, nice.***

Feb 4, 2010, 11:23 PM

How strange, for I miss the world you are in.***

Feb 4, 2010, 11:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's all relative.***

Feb 4, 2010, 11:29 PM

I guess so.

Feb 4, 2010, 11:44 PM

I am not trying to disrespect you or your opinion but I must insist that I have been where you are.

I point out in the most humble way that you have not been where I am for I am 57 with 7 children.

You are entering some of the most difficult days of your life and I hope you may realize, the process is much more fun than reaching the goal.

It is a rollercoster ride, hang on, brother.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks.***

Feb 5, 2010, 12:16 AM

Re the roller-coaster...

Mar 5, 2010, 10:49 PM [ in reply to I guess so. ]

..reminded me of that Michael Keaton movie "Dying Young", when as he was passing away, he imagined himself on a roller-coaster, dresse din white, ahnds up in the air, and then he crossed over. Sometimes the roller-coaster part of our lives is what makes it memorable...

If you are ever out this way (Colorado)

Feb 5, 2010, 12:37 AM

Tmail me and I'll give you some ideas for some great pics. Whatever you do if you head this way definitely bring your camera.

Me too.***

Feb 5, 2010, 4:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really miss all of the pictures you used to take around Clemson

Feb 5, 2010, 7:31 AM

null

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

awwwwwww......that's sweeeeeeet................***

Feb 5, 2010, 10:24 AM

you two need to get a room. ;-)***

Feb 6, 2010, 1:43 AM

HALL-OF-FAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

Feb 5, 2010, 10:21 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I miss sitting in front of Riggs Hall between classes...

Feb 5, 2010, 12:14 PM

...and watching the beautiful coeds walk by.

(I married one of them.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

man this post makes me sad for some reason***

Mar 5, 2010, 10:23 PM

How about being a stone's throw from 6000 chicks your age.

Mar 5, 2010, 10:45 PM

That's what I miss.

Re: I miss Clemson.

Mar 6, 2010, 8:55 AM

I miss sitting in a bathtub with a beautiful young lady at 2AM in public and that being your charity project.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic