Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I wanted to repost this in honor of the Class of 2005!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

I wanted to repost this in honor of the Class of 2005!

May 5, 2005, 6:57 PM

I am Clemson's Biggest Fan.

"What's that he said?"
"Is he crazy?"
"I'm Clemson's biggest fan, not you!"
"Who the heck does this guy think he is!"

Well, my name is Joe...and I am Clemson's biggest fan. I didn't grow up with the Tigers. Many of you did. You were born into a Clemson family, raised knowing only one team, one school, one love. I was not. I was born to an insurance salesman from Harlem, NY and a secretary from Brooklyn. I was raised in the great state of Georgia; home to peaches, peanuts, and a kooky old man they once called President.

I was born the year the Tigers captured victory in the Orange Bowl...they year they became the greatest team in the land. I didn't even know it happened. I wouldn't learn of our triumphant victory until I was 16 years old.

I had never heard of Max Lennon, or Danny Ford. I had never heard the word "Upstate." I-85 North was nothing but a thoroughfare to North Carolina. Death Valley was a place out west, a desert locale.

I had never walked down College Avenue. I had never heard of Bowman Field. I didn't know who Thomas Green Clemson was; or that he was the son-in-law of John C. Calhoun.

Despite all of my ignorance, I choose to leave my parents, my home, my life, my friends, and my existence. I left it all behind to take a chance on a small Land-Grant University in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. I came to Clemson.

I dare not elaborate on all my experiences at Clemson...you nor I have enough time in the day. But I can tell you this: I am Clemson's biggest fan.

And how, you may ask, did I come to earn this distinguished honor? Simple. I gave my soul to Clemson. The day I stepped foot on this campus I gave up the very fabric of my being. And it was the easiest thing I have ever done.

I have seen Clemson through the eyes of a child. I have seen Clemson through the eyes of a man. Clemson is more than a place. Its my Alma Mater. Alma Mater translated means Nurturing Mother. And what does a mother do? She cares for you, she teaches you, she disciplines you, and most of all she loves you. She is always there; and you can always count on her. That is what Clemson has meant. That is why I am Clemson's biggest fan.

I have seen Clemson grow. When I came here, the Hendrix Center was just opening its doors. Stadium Suites did not exist. Hurricanes was a bar, not a sub shop. Highway 93 into Central was 2 lanes. I have seen every season in Clemson. From the leaves cascading into Lake Hartwell...to the azaleas blooming in the President's Park. I have seen snow on Bowman. I have seen a fire on the Ridge.

I have sat in Littlejohn and watched Will Solomon and Ed Scott make lanes the DOT couldn't match. I have seen why a Woody always beats a ####. I saw a future MLB shortstop hit more doubles than anyone in history. I have learned what the word rival truly means. I have seen so much.

So why does all this make me Clemson's biggest fan? Simply put...until the day my God takes me from this Earth I will forever give my heart, my soul, my passion, and my trust to Clemson University. It will take me a lifetime of servitude to even begin to pay her back for all she has done. I will forever defend her. I will forever love her. I will forever be a Clemson Man.

After all this, I must confess...I am not Clemson's biggest fan. Why? Because every one of you reading this is. We are all Clemson's biggest fan. That is why Clemson is so special. Clemson doesn't discriminate. Clemson doesn't care if you have a Mercedes or a Pinto. Clemson doesn't care how fat your wallet is or how empty your pockets are. Clemson reaches out to a special part of you and pulls you in. She captures your soul and she will never let go. We are a family: The Clemson Family. We are Black, White, Asian, Hispanic. We are rich, poor, farm boys, city boys, politicians, businessmen, blue collar, white collar. No matter our differences we are bound by one love.

Joe Sherman was a great man, a Clemson Man. He knew how special Clemson is. His words still hold true these many years later. He said, "There is something in these hills."

I say...I am Clemson's Biggest Fan.

Joe Ader
Clemson University Class of '04

Message was edited by: Clemsonjoe®

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HOF, but might I say...

May 5, 2005, 7:03 PM

I hope that you are getting your Masters, because the Class of 2005 was born in 82-83. If not, the 5 year plan also works, just ask me :).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

Joe graduated in 2004 thus he was born in '81

May 5, 2005, 7:04 PM

perfect words Joe

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's all coming together now. lol***

May 5, 2005, 7:05 PM

lol, I changed it to make it more clear

May 5, 2005, 7:12 PM [ in reply to HOF, but might I say... ]

;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HOF!

May 5, 2005, 7:07 PM

Someone try to tell me a Clemson fan voted this down.

All of that doesn't make you Clemson's biggest fan...

May 5, 2005, 7:08 PM

it makes you truely blessed.

YOU ARE A CLEMSON MAN!

Short and to the point...

May 5, 2005, 7:09 PM

I like it.

Amen to that...as are you!***

May 5, 2005, 7:11 PM [ in reply to All of that doesn't make you Clemson's biggest fan... ]

Re: wow...

May 5, 2005, 7:31 PM

could fall get here any sooner... I want THAT feeling.

Can't wait for you to get here man...

May 5, 2005, 7:33 PM

Your first beer (assuming that you drink) is on Clemsonjoe at his apartment!

Re: Haha...

May 5, 2005, 7:35 PM

I will definitely take you up on that... altough I cant guaruntee it will be my FIRST up there! haha.

You're always welcome at my apt over at Clemson place too... cant wait to catch all of the sports.

Don't tell any coot football players...

May 5, 2005, 7:37 PM

but I have a plasma TV! So away games are always a party at my place!

ummm....Isn't that an illegal contribution?***

May 5, 2005, 7:36 PM [ in reply to Can't wait for you to get here man... ]

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol...call the cops!

May 5, 2005, 7:37 PM

lol

LMAO....Don't you know??...

May 5, 2005, 7:40 PM

Cops read message boards!...lol

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: haha...

May 5, 2005, 7:39 PM [ in reply to ummm....Isn't that an illegal contribution?*** ]

I've had more than a few drinks in my day and we'll leave it at that, nothing any other guy my age hasnt done... check out my place of work in my profile for god sakes, haha!

I cannot wait... we will be zinging people in person next year Joe, haha.

Wow!***

May 5, 2005, 8:04 PM

Re: I wanted to repost this in honor of the Class of 2005!

May 5, 2005, 9:51 PM

Awesome Joe!!!!.....gave me chills man, if i see u downtown tonight I'll buy u a beer for that.

Re: I wanted to repost this in honor of the Class of 2005!

May 5, 2005, 9:53 PM

Let me rephrase that.....WHEN i see u downtown i will buy u a beer!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicely done, Joe...As a fellow Class of '04 alumnus,

May 6, 2005, 9:39 AM

I must say, you said it all

Why would you thumb that down??? COOOOOOOOTS!***

May 6, 2005, 9:54 AM

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic