Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looking forward to the Game...I think
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 950

Looking forward to the Game...I think

Jul 9, 2010, 11:52 AM

Just wanted to reach out and say hello from the Mean Green! North Texas' site is at GoMeanGreen.com. I don't harbor any fantasies that we have a chance in this game but I certainly hope for a respectable showing. We have a very good running back and a veteran oline so from that standpoint we should give you run defense a good test.

This is an exciting time for North Texas fans as we are building a new Football stadium. It is also make or break for our head coach Todd Dodge. Anyway look forward to learning more about your program and here's to a good clean game!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looking forward to the Game...I think

Jul 9, 2010, 12:40 PM

should make the game more interesting for us as well if your running game is a strength. not that I'm concerned about our defense, but our linebackers are our defensive weakness and will be a good chance to see what we can expect from them this season. our d-line is killer though.

how's the mean green defense looking?

Jul 9, 2010, 1:56 PM

That's a real good question as our defense was just horrible last season. There has been an infusion of pretty decent JUCO talent at all defensive positions which is always a wildcard. We are small and quick at defensive end which can be a liability against the run but can be useful against the passing game. At DT we have some big bodies, probably 4 in the 300 lb range. We have one stud linebacker (Craig Robertson) and a mixture of juco and young talent coming up. Our secondary will be ok, they have some talent but have suffered due to our absolute lack of a pass rush. We have a very good defensive coordinator in Gary DeLoach who up to this point just hasn't had the horses to get it done. DeLoach employs sort of a bend don't break mentality type of 4-3 defense. He just hasn't had the players to make it work yet.

It's interesting, I scanned your roster and I didn't see one Texas player. We have very few on ours that aren't from Texas. We are trying to become the next Boise and have some resources (enrollment, location, new facilities) we just haven't had the success on the field over the past 4 years to support it. Todd Dodge was a fantastic high school coach but it just hasn't translated to the college level. He has tremendous pressure to get it done this year. No one expects him to win at Clemson, but they do want to see a solid effort. His must win game is probably Rice at home.

Welcome to the board! Are you coming to Clemson for

Jul 9, 2010, 1:32 PM

the game?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Welcome to the board! Are you coming to Clemson for

Jul 9, 2010, 2:03 PM

Unfortunately I am not - I know that some of our other fans are. Sadly, our program has been so down the last four years that many of the die hards who would travel to all of the away games have quit doing it. I know that the North Texas fans are very respectful of the tradition of Clemson and in better times would probably be booking more trips. We also have a game with Army on the road which a lot of fans are designating as their travel game.

I can't recall in the last four years, one decent showing that we have had against a BCS opponent on the road. Before that, when we had a run of four straight conference championships we could make things interesting. At one point (2004?)we held Texas (in Austin) scoreless in the second half and almost beat Arizona.

Jul 9, 2010, 2:07 PM

Looking forward to the game as well, unfortunately our right fielder may not play

Jul 9, 2010, 2:24 PM

Encourage your fans to make the trip to Death Valley. There is nothing like it in all of college football. The trip up the Hudson is nice. I have made it several times but a football saturday in Clemson, South Carolina is no comparison. Not only will you enjoy being at the game but you will enjoy the hospitality you receive from the Clemson family. Obviously you have aspirations of the 'Big Green' joining the elite of college football. Come and we will show you how to do it. I promise that you will have great things to say about the trip.

Thanks for visiting. I think most of us have enjoyed playing

Jul 9, 2010, 2:41 PM

the teams and meeting the fans from Texas recently (A&M and TCU).

A good ground attack is just what we need to see early in the season. Looking forward to it. I HOPE you're right about the defense being a question mark because we have plenty of talented but green skills players who will be starting next year. They will make some poor decisions early in the season.

null

Replies: 7
| visibility 950
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic