Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tiger Fans...A Plea for Help
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 754

Tiger Fans...A Plea for Help

Nov 18, 2008, 9:49 PM

Tomorrow night the home basketball season begins for Oliver Purnell and the 2008-2009 Tigers against Wofford at 7:30 pm. If you are within a reasonable drive of Littlejohn, I ask that you come out with me and help support the team. Support this year's Tigers as they begin their quest for the ACC championship.

While the football program has been searching for an identity the past few years, Purnell has been quietly building his own as he attempts to change Clemson from a "football school" to an "athletics school". Everything that members of this board have been asking out of the football program (and many of these qualities do exist in our football program) currently exists in this basketball program.

A coach that represents his school with class
Players that represent their school with class
Players that want to earn their college degree
Players that improve every year and show the desire to win
Positive media attention
Post-Season appearances

If we fill up Littlejohn tomorrow night and the rest of the season, this team will be better. You don't think the players notice the amount of empty seats during pre-game warm-ups? This is my first season as an alumni and season-ticket holder, and my tickets are four rows from the top of the coliseum. I find this encouraging and hope that many of these other season-ticket holders will show up tomorrow night.

Two years ago Wofford was a last second 3-pointer away from beating the Tigers in front of an empty Littlejohn, if we fill up the stands this will not happen again. So I ask for your help in supporting the tigers tomorrow night, Sat. night in Charlotte and beyond. Show Oliver Purnell that we support this program, because if he stays here for at least five more years, I've got a feeling we eventually compete for a national championship.

GO TIGERS !!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tiger Fans...A Plea for Help

Nov 18, 2008, 9:54 PM

Good post. Glad to hear positive things about the basketball program.

Go Tigers

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you have tickets and can't use them, let me know. I'd buy

Nov 18, 2008, 10:05 PM

two for tomorrow night.

I'll be there***

Nov 18, 2008, 10:03 PM

Replies: 3
| visibility 754
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive