Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sort of surprised Cullen's interview hasn't garnered
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,773

Sort of surprised Cullen's interview hasn't garnered

Jun 14, 2008, 2:21 PM

more attention on Tigernet. I rarely listen to Korncoot's show for very obvious reasons, but it follows the local sports talk show here in Chucktown and on Wednesday, before I could change the station, I heard gamecockPhil say they'd be having an interview with Cullen Harper...so,I bit and waited for their call to Cullen.

Cullen was just coming in from the practice field and the interview was relatively mild initially---who wasn't there, how were the folks in attendance looking, plenty of compliments about last year's season and all the records he set. Then the interesting questions began:

GamecockPhil inquired because of the season he'd had last year whether Cullen thought he'd be a Heisman candidate this year. Cullen almost unhesitatingly replied that he did...............I waited for hoots of incredulity from Korncoot and the other 2 moderators but surprisingly, there were none. Cullen continued on about the expectations on this years team and how he thought Clemson would be picked to be in the ACC championship game (because of the returning talent). He never shied away from the questions and seems to be fully cognizant of the pressure that'll be on him and the rest of the offense. He spoke of getting in physical shape for the upcoming season and stated that beginning in July, they'd start focusing on the opening game.

Cullen did add he thought there would be other Heisman candidates on Clemson's offense as well and cited Aaron Kelly, James Davis and CJ Spiller by name.

Mr. Harper seems to be a very composed, confident and focused individual who's aware of his talent....(these would seem ideal qualities for a starting quarterback) and even when Phil tried to push the agenda a bit inquiring how it felt to be a backup for so long---Cullen merely replied that he knew his talents would eventually come to light and also stated that he knew he'd be backing up Charlie when he first came into the program.

Cullen did impart that it was the highest percentage of players taking part in summer workouts since he'd been on campus and the reason CJ wasn't there was because of track.

This was the first "lengthy" interview I'd actually heard by Cullen and I gotta be honest.....I'm very impressed with him as a person.....his talent impressed me months ago.........Who knows? Maybe this WILL be a "special" season and we'll see Cullen the crowd in New York with the 4 other candidates awaiting the announcement of the winner of The Heisman Trophy.

If he improves much on the stats from last year, I believe there's a strong likelihood the Downtown Athletic Club will be considering him for the award.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sort of surprised Cullen's interview hasn't garnered

Jun 14, 2008, 2:54 PM

very good post! thanks; I sure could not listen to kornkoot long eneough to hear that

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

link to archived interview...

Jun 14, 2008, 3:05 PM

http://www.allinbroadcasting.com/pastshows20080611.html

click link, then click "Sports Talk"

From 44:00 to 49:00 mark is the interview.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good that cullen is talking honestlyu about it. nothing is

Jun 14, 2008, 3:21 PM

worse than when a player tries to down-talk any preseason hype a team has, when its rightfully deserved...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would love to him talk about the offensive line. Oh well.***

Jun 14, 2008, 6:01 PM

Like Father, Like Son? Father played on UGA's Nat champ team***

Jun 14, 2008, 6:50 PM

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,773
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic