Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So funny in Columbia....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,298

So funny in Columbia....

Feb 1, 2008, 6:09 PM

Was listening to 1400 am while the Brown announcement came out. Afterward, I thought I heard thuds as folks jumped out of buildings and ran down the street crying. Anyhow, K-Mac or however you say it was in the studio and Phyllis had to feed the announcement through his cell phone.

After Brown made his verbal to the good guys... folks started calling in complaining about the state of affairs for the Gamecocks. K-Mac like JC "pink" Sherbet went on a "rah rah" to try and get the fans hopes back up.

He was saying how Spurrier had already done amazing things by beating Florida and Tennessee at Tennessee. See... the little local news guys in Cola can try to spin this however they want. The truth is the truth...

Here are the facts... Spurrier pretty much guarnteed that his team was gonna challenge for and possibly win the SEC last year. For a minute, folks were biting their nails because he was sitting there at number 6 and it looked like little Vandy would be the next victim (See the "former" Wake Forest of the ACC). All of a sudden "POW" the dreaded curse. The hopes and dreams of #### lovers "SMASHED" before the nations eyes.

Now... Cory Boyd graduates (Holtz recruit) Blake Mitchell done (Holtz recruit), Sidney Rice leaves the year before (Holtz recruit)... all of the production gone! All of 'em Holtz recruits... So you get Bubble Gum Sherbet and Phyllis tryin' to spin it. Only problem is now Jaron Brown, who is a close friend and former teammate of one Cliff Matthews chooses Clemson... all their targets are signing elsewhere and they are left with deciding to keep the Lindsey twins around and signing a guy who may or may not qualify, has a heart condition and has had pretty big character question marks as far as the law goes. These are facts that K-Mac brought up... I am merely repeating them.

Here are some more facts.... Clemson University and their coaches are solid individuals. T. Bowden isn't named FCA Coach of the Year because he is a snake oil salesman. Swinney, Napier, Coach Vic, Coach Rumph, Coach Spence (even through a lot of criticism)...stand up guys. That's why parents entrust their kids to the program at Clemson. That's why Terry Don didn't make a change because there is no way we get a class like this and dominate the State with a bunch of change.

We actually have coaches... the ##### have radio hosts like Sherbet who announce that "even a bigger hire than Spurrier has been made with securing of Bud Foster from VA Tech."

Fact... "somebody is lyin' in the Midlands when they say the ##### backed off Page." Nick Saban called him immediately after that and was on him. I think we can see who the "class act" is when we see how Page took the high road with regard to being "dropped" by USC.

So you see.. #### fans will always have their... "we play in..." "our coach is the greatest... watch what he does here..." "That guy wasn't really good enough to play for us anyhow..." etc... etc... ad infinitum...

The truth is that #### fans should be disappointed right now. They can't honestly say that in year 3 of the Spurrier era... following the HalleLOUia Era... that they would be getting sloppy seconds in the recruiting game. Something is smelling a little bad in Cola when they can't follow up their stellar recruiting class (See Chris Culliver and his amazing performances at Wideout) with another good one.

That's my .02 and just had to get it out :)

Go Tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, but they will always have the Van Gorder era ~

Feb 1, 2008, 6:25 PM

LMAO

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So funny in Columbia....

Feb 1, 2008, 6:28 PM

Well Said!!!

Wait....Sorry, but confused here. Bud Foster to USC from VT?***

Feb 1, 2008, 6:32 PM

that was reported by Coot radio in Columbia

Feb 1, 2008, 6:35 PM

at one point before Ellis Johnson's name came up and Van Gorder was hired which was before Van Gorder left and Johnson was hired.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks Hoya..Whew.. I was wondering how that happened***

Feb 1, 2008, 7:00 PM

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,298
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic