Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
USUC may make a bowl afterall
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

USUC may make a bowl afterall

Sep 14, 2005, 4:03 PM

After Saturday’s stunning moral victory over Georgia, the Gamecocks officially accepted a bid to play in the inaugural Moral Bowl. Moral Bowl spokesman Marv Levy commented on just how excited they were to land South Carolina.

“South Carolina is a team steeped with a tradition of almost beating good teams. In fact, this is their third moral victory over Georgia in the past 4 years including last year’s spectacular come from ahead moral victory. You can’t go wrong with a team like that,” Levy said

Optimism flowed from the Gamecock faithful filing out of Sanford Stadium after the 15-17 moral victory.
While others might have been downtrodden, many were heard to say something never spoken by most USC fans, “wait until next year Georgia”. Interviews with several Gamecock fans provided valuable insight into the collective psyche of the supporters of the team.
When asked how this moral victory was any different than the moral victories posted over Georgia with Brad Scott or Lou Holtz at the helm, one fan responded, “well, everyone knows that when coaching Florida, Spurrier owned Georgia.” When asked how this helped South Carolina or if the fan realized that Fred Taylor, Jevon Kearse and Danny Weurfel were not going to be playing in next year’s game, he replied, “#### and fire man, #### and fire”.

On the other sideline, UGA fans were having to come to grips with the fact that many of their season’s goals were now out of reach. Head coach Mark Richt commented, “It’s going to be hard to get the kids to focus this week. We are 2-0, whereas we were hoping to be 1-1 with an in conference moral victory of our own.
Still, there is a lot of football left to be played and we can only hope that someone can come back and morally upset South Carolina.”

As for South Carolina’s opponent for the game, many are pointing to either Rutgers, which has now “turned the corner” a few times the past 10 years or the University of California, which almost beat Southern Cal last year and also almost went to the Rose Bowl.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good Post-LMAO******

Sep 14, 2005, 4:05 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha, Ha!!! Cock-N-Fire man, Cock-N-Fire!!! Hilarious!***

Sep 14, 2005, 4:07 PM

haha "come from ahead moral victory"***

Sep 14, 2005, 4:07 PM

"come from ahead moral victory"...good stuff!***

Sep 14, 2005, 4:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2005_cws_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't care who you are, THAT'S funny !!!!!***

Sep 14, 2005, 4:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Beau-tee-ful!!!***

Sep 14, 2005, 4:26 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can't make posts like this....

Sep 14, 2005, 4:27 PM

I cannot have people walking by my office while I'm sitting here laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes.

had to give you the 63rd point - great post ******

Sep 14, 2005, 10:43 PM

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic