Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tavaris Barnes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 3,994

Tavaris Barnes

Feb 8, 2012, 1:39 PM

Had the chance to speak to a group of CU students at work today. It was mostly students in the hospitality program who had come to tour our facilities here at work, and myself and another Clemson Alum had the opportunity to speak with them about what we do on a day-to-day basis. There were three football players in the group, Nuk, Tra Thomas, and Tavaris Barnes. Tavaris approached me afterwards, introduced himself, and just wanted to talk a bit more about the program at Clemson and go into a little more detail about the hospitality industry. He was overly polite, asked a lot of questions about our jobs, and was just in general a pleasure to talk to. Sometimes when we see these guys from the stands or on TV, we forget that they're kids just trying to get an education and make their way in the world. This conversation reminded me of that, and it also reminded me of the fact that it takes a special type of person to be a Tiger and to represent our great university.

Just wanted to pass that along.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, he is in the hospitality program...***

Feb 8, 2012, 1:46 PM

He signed my daughter's jersey this season after the UNC

Feb 8, 2012, 1:47 PM

game...was as nice as he could be despite needing to get into the locker room. Made a great impression on both of us. Glad to see it is a consistant trait...BUT should not be nice to the ACC quarterbacks!

Its always fun to see the Fr and So after the games

Feb 8, 2012, 1:57 PM

THey usually eat up getting pictures taken with kids and in general cutting up with fans.

I'm sure by the time you are a Sr and have had kids asking for chin straps and wrist bands for 4 or 5 years its gets a bit old.

Great story - Tavaris comes across as really nice in

Feb 8, 2012, 1:48 PM

an interview I saw once with him.

I hope he can step up and fill a need at DT on the field. At the end of the day though, these type of things are what matters the most.

Re: Tavaris Barnes

Feb 8, 2012, 1:50 PM

Kiawah?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep***

Feb 8, 2012, 2:23 PM

Great Post - Thanks for sharing a good story.

Feb 8, 2012, 1:53 PM

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a similiar story

Feb 8, 2012, 3:04 PM

Here's the short version:

At the O&W game the April prior to him enrolling at CU, TB, his mom, grandma, and sister parked next to us.

After they hung out with us for hours. VERY NICE people. Very respectful, polite, you name it. TB even played catch for about 45 min with my young daughter.

Seems like a very humble young man that will do well in whatever he pursues after CU.

And by the way, he was only about 265lbs now then and still looked HUGE. I think he's 300+ now.

Re: I have a similiar story

Feb 9, 2012, 10:07 AM

Charlie is that you? You have blue eyes dark hair? We been looking for you for two whole seasons way u been buddy?

HE deleted me off Facebook

Feb 8, 2012, 5:45 PM

Total A hole. Lol jk.

I'd like to think our athletes care more about this side of

Feb 8, 2012, 5:49 PM

life, than the Rick Ross side of things. But sometimes IDK

Feb 9, 2012, 1:29 AM

Thanks for a great post!
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2012, 7:49 AM

Very well written JI tiger. I think you covered the feelings from today very well. I certainly agree with your assesment of Tavaris!

Side Note: I spoke with Nuk and told him how much i enjoyed watching him and the whole team this year. Without hesitation, he thanked me and then sincerely apologized for the bowl debacle. That was the furthest thing from my mind. Just lets us know that it is still as fresh in their minds as it is in ours. Probably more.

Extremely impressed with those members of our team!

Feb 9, 2012, 8:21 AM

Had a chance to talk with Tavaris Barnes after one of the football games last year when he was coming through our parking lot. He talked with me for about ten minutes and is just a pleasure to be around. He did not seem to be in a hurry to leave. Signed autographs and had pictures taken while we were talking.
He is so happy to be at Clemson and just a fine young man. Wish him the very best in his career here and in the future.

Feb 9, 2012, 10:15 AM

I feel so warm and fuzzy on the inside about your impressions of my child.... He is definitely this guy you have posted about it feels really good to read. Thanks for taking the time to share!

Hi Mom! Yes this is true @ your son. Just gave you first

Feb 9, 2012, 10:25 AM

point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for sharing, we don't get

Feb 9, 2012, 10:20 AM

enough of the "good" stories nowadays.

Replies: 17
| visibility 3,994
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic