Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
if bama loses to LSU, and then 2loss UF wins the SECCG
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,775

if bama loses to LSU, and then 2loss UF wins the SECCG

Oct 21, 2019, 7:35 PM

can the sec have 0 in the playoff but be ranked 6-11th

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: if bama loses to LSU, and then 2loss UF wins the SECCG

Oct 21, 2019, 7:53 PM

Santa, please make it happen!

A 1 loss Bama or LSU would still get in, maybe even both

Oct 21, 2019, 8:02 PM

depending on what happens in the other conferences. Either or both would likely get in over a one loss Clemson, one loss OK or a one loss Oregon! Not what I would favor, but I could see it happening.

In your scenario, with a two loss FL or UGA winning the SEC CG in a close one over the LSU-Bama winner, which was also a close game, you would have both Bama and LSU with only one close loss. Do you actually think both of them would be left out, leaving the SEC without a representative in the playoff??

I would say it is more likely both get in than neither! Some media experts would even be pushing both to get in over an undefeated Clemson...Finebum for one!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The playoff committee can do whatever it wants

Oct 21, 2019, 8:03 PM

There are no rules or criteria for selecting the 4 teams.

Re: The playoff committee can do whatever it wants

Oct 21, 2019, 11:00 PM

That is only partly true.

Every committee establishes their own criteria.
No committee is obligated to follow the criteria used by the previous one.

But to suggest that they will walk into a closed-door conference room and "wing it" based on their prejudices and one-sided data defies all concept of professionalism.

Re: if bama loses to LSU, and then 2loss UF wins the SECCG

Oct 22, 2019, 6:43 AM

44-16 popped one aura of invincibility. The only thing that is left is for a conference brother to roll into Tuscaloosa and hang a 3 TD loss on Saban. If LSU can do that people might start to push little Nicky towards the door. Ball is in your court Bayou Bengals.

Here are the two likely outcomes in the SEC

Oct 22, 2019, 7:24 AM

Outcome 1: LSU beats Bama. An undefeated LSU beats UF in the SECCG.

Outcome 2: Bama beats LSU. An undefeated Bama beats UF in the SECCG.

I just don't see an outcome where UF beats anyone from the SEC West in the SECCG.

IMO the real wild card in the SEC is Auburn. I don't think Auburn will make the SECCG, but they can definitely play the role of spoiler. If they somehow manage to beat LSU this weekend chaos will ensue! However, since I really don't think Auburn will beat LSU this weekend the chaos will have to wait for the iron bowl. I think Auburn has a real good chance of beating Alabama at Jordan-Hare at the end of November. If Bama loses two games (LSU and Auburn) they are out of the CFP.

The one scenario I don't like is if LSU goes undefeated (SEC Champ) and Bama ends the regular season with one loss to LSU. Like a couple of years ago, it sets up the argument for putting both Bama and LSU in the playoffs.

My dream scenario is this:
Auburn ends regular season 10-2 (beats Bama, LSU, loses to UGA)
Bama ends regular season 10-2 (losses to Auburn and LSU)
LSU ends regular season 10-2 (losses to Auburn and Texas A&M)
UF ends the regular season 11-1 (beats UGA and all remaining regular season opponents)

Auburn then beats UF in the SECCG resulting all SEC teams having at least 2 losses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,775
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic