Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
coincidence? hardly
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

coincidence? hardly

Oct 21, 2013, 7:45 AM

2 of the biggest games in the history of Clemson were Saturday and our only BCS games, and we gave up historic amounts of points. coincidence? hardly. different DC's, and a lot of different players.

dabo swinney is a cheerleader, he has zero concept on how to motivate a team after they have been punched in the teeth. and yes I know we beat uga and lsu, rah rah, but neither of them punched us in the face.

this team completely lays down and that is a 100% reflection on the head coach. is it fixable? hope so, but sort of doubtful.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ummm.....ask Sammy if LSU didn't punch us in the face

Oct 21, 2013, 7:48 AM

on the first series .....

Did you watch the game ?

Re: Ummm.....ask Sammy if LSU didn't punch us in the face

Oct 21, 2013, 8:08 AM

if you had to name the top 5 biggest games in Dabo's tenure.

1. GT/ACC championship - didn't force a punt
2 VT/ACC championship - great game
3 BCS/WVU - complete farce
4 CFA/LSU - great game
5 FSU - complete farce

I love how you guys will say it's just a loss, the games against WVU and FSU were HISTORIC losses. you don't just shake them off, and if you do as a player or a coach, then you are destined to repeat them.

people outside of Clemson and WVU STILL talk about the Orange bowl debacle. and the FSU beating will be brought up every time they play for the next decade. it's this generation's puntruski

I would suggest finding a new hobby for yourself

Oct 21, 2013, 8:14 AM

because with your expectations, you will be miserable for the rest of your days watching ANY team play ANY sport.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

expectation?

Oct 21, 2013, 8:19 AM

you're right, not getting rolled at home as #3 team in the nation by 37 pts. is an unrealistic expectation.

not getting 70 hung on us by WVU was an unrealistic expectation.

have another sip of orange kool-aid

no doubt I'm having a much better day than you are

Oct 21, 2013, 9:57 AM

and I would suspect, a much better life. It's just a stupid football game, a loss by 50 or by 1 counts just the same. These are 18-22 year old kids playing a game - sometimes you are the windshield and sometimes you are the bug. It happens. It has happened before and will happen again. To EVERYONE WHO HAS EVER PLAYED A SPORT. Except yourself, I'm sure.

I just drove through campus this morning seeing how beautifully it has recovered from the weekend, and enjoyed quite a few laughs this morning with my co-workers about the weekend. The folks that matter have recovered well.

Re: no doubt I'm having a much better day than you are

Oct 21, 2013, 10:49 AM

how sweet

a loss and everything is fine and it's just football and life goes on. a win and it's all football and zero post or smarta$$ comment about campus. funny how that happens.

and no it's never happened, we've never given up 51 at the valley nor anyone has ever given up 70 in a bowl. so you're very wrong about that.

let's just "flush" it. yeah Dabo right, we should dwell on huge losses, hell burn the projectors and the film, i'm sure that's what we did after the WVU loss.

nah instead, you post that loss on the door and say "we're better than that, we need to study the films and learn from the mistakes both as coaches and players, not forget them." so hopefully it lights a fire under everyone's ###.

but you guys and our HC wants this loss just to go away. he wants to "flush" it. you learn from mistakes just like you do from success. the WVU loss is still circling the bowl and we just dropped another huge turd. funny how he's brings up the positives like the LSU & UGA wins, but somehow he want's to flush the pathetic losses.

hardly FSU***

Oct 21, 2013, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Ummm.....ask Sammy if LSU didn't punch us in the face ]

FSU has beat us 57-0 before in route to a NC

Oct 21, 2013, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Ummm.....ask Sammy if LSU didn't punch us in the face ]

that was hardly the biggest win they have ever had. those boys have been in lots of blowouts.

the program is still light years ahead of where it was 5 years ago. ####, you people were pissed when we were only winning 8 games per year. we will go 11-1 this year and our only loss is to the #2 ranked team in country.

are you kidding? yes the loss hurt. yes it looked bad. we gave them 17pts. that's hardly them punching us in the mouth. it was just one of those nights where nothing went right.

Errrr,it's more we sucker punched ourselves in the

Oct 21, 2013, 7:55 AM

face handing them 14 points at the most crucial time of the game.

Fire

Oct 21, 2013, 7:56 AM

TB? JL? TDP?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

i think we are a finess team and have been since ctb

Oct 21, 2013, 7:56 AM

I agree every now and then we play physical but in the big games we just cant get it done.and yes the chick fila bowl was a big game by the way tajh and nuke bailed dabo out in tha one but the orange bowl game and #5 fsu in your house at night in the valley just plain out stupid loud and give the game away in the 1st quarter got behind big and basically quit just like the orange bowl.

I think you take it a little too far, but I do think this is

Oct 21, 2013, 8:00 AM

a fair point. As an objective observer, I do notice Dabo often retreating into a shell when things are not going well, and I've noticed on several occasions in his tenure that the game kinda spirals downward for Clemson. Frustration and losing fucus begins to show in Boyd, who gets erratic, and in other players (WRs running wrong routes, blown coverages, etc.)

too far?

Oct 21, 2013, 8:17 AM

a little to far? we gave up the most point ever in a bowl, and the most points ever at DV. both in gigantic games in which we fielded really good teams

this isn't supposed to happen, yet you guys live in some bubble, and say it's just a loss.

show me a #3 team that has gotten beat by 37 points, it surely hasn't happened more than a few times.

"cheerleader," "completely lays down"...

Oct 21, 2013, 8:19 AM

I think some of your language was a little extreme. But I do think if you temper it a little, you have a good point.

Re: too far?

Oct 21, 2013, 8:48 AM [ in reply to too far? ]

I'm gonna give you twice that I know off the top of my head - in much higher profile games. So I'm pretty sure it has happened more than a few times total. 1996, a fairly highly regarded Florida coach got absolutely destroyed by Nebraska 62-24. While Nebraska was ranked #1, Florida was the Vegas favorite. (Florida would go on to beat FSU by 32 in the next years national championship.) In 2005 the real USC beat Oklahoma 55 - 19. That's 3 pretty close examples only in national championships in the BCS era. I'm sure if you want to dig through AP rankings week after week and compare them to weekly results you'll find it is much more common than you think. But it might not fit the narrative you are trying to spin.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think you take it a little too far, but I do think this is

Oct 21, 2013, 8:19 AM [ in reply to I think you take it a little too far, but I do think this is ]

on offense the way to beat us is plain and simple. put pressure on boyd. play man to man and disrupt routes and our passing game is gone. if you can be physical with our receivers you can wreck this o. this o is based on getting the pass to a spot on time and it is totally disrupted if this can't happen. if your o goes 3 and out in a hurry up o you put a defense in a situation to play twice as many snaps or more. morris seems to have dialed down the fast pace o after the Georgia game.

Seckinger punched us in the balls when he fumbled.***

Oct 21, 2013, 8:09 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Ever think FSU is just better than us?

Oct 21, 2013, 8:33 AM

I didn't;t think so. Talk about being a cheerleader and not having a clue. Go back to mowing grass, serving fries, or whatever it is someone with your IQ does for a living.

I have said several times on here that people were unrealistic about what we really have with this team. And yes, when things go bad sometimes, it pours. Dabo is a good guy, and doesn't have a circumcision scar around his head hidden by a visor. Go pull for that team if you are so dejected by this one.

Re: Ever think FSU is just better than us?

Oct 21, 2013, 8:51 AM

FSU deserves a ton of credit. but we were outcoached, outschemed, and outprepared. are you denying that?

was WVU better than us??

Dumb, uneducated post of the year--perhaps decade.

Oct 21, 2013, 8:52 AM

LSU punched us in the face and we came back to beat them. UGA punched us too as they had a chance until we put some points on the board.

Dabo is a coach and he understands what has to been done. He has made improvements each and every season. We are tougher on D but it is hard to see when your O fumbles 2X in the 1st quarter and you go behind 17-0 to a very good FSU team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: coincidence? hardly

Oct 21, 2013, 8:56 AM

Is the program getting better or worse?
Yes this hurt, but overall, which way are we trending?

Overall we have gotten better and are still getting better. FSU just took it to a whole other level, we have to keep working to keep trending the same direction.

When they day comes that we hit a plateau or we start getting worse, then we can have conversations like this.

For now, lets watch the rest of the season and see what unfolds.

Glad that most Tiger fans

Oct 21, 2013, 8:59 AM

Aren't like the OP. Take a chill there buddy, it was a horrible loss for sure and yes we looked bad in the OB and Sat night...but its just football. We are 6-1 and in the BCS/Polls top 10's after getting stomped at home. I hate the way some people just have to cast blame and not take it for what it really is , a bunch of kids that underperformed and made uncharacteristic mistakes when the chips were down.
Tiger nation is about as strong as ever , our team is very good. Quit with all the "jump ship" dumbness and get all in . Sheesh.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

all of you that say it's "just a loss"

Oct 21, 2013, 9:33 AM

will be the first to whine when the term "pulling a Clemson" is used. will be the first to whine when the polls or bowl overlook us.

way more than just a loss. we sh!t the bed in our biggest game in more than 3 decades, on national TV.

Re: all of you that say it's "just a loss"

Oct 21, 2013, 9:39 AM

I think it hilarious that you guys equate beating an extremely overrated UGA or beating the 4th best team in the SEC vs getting killed in our only BCS game or getting embarrassed by FSU at home in a #3 vs #5 matchup.

those games aren't even close in comparison. but in you delusional minds you equate them to make it somehow feel like we didn't #### the bed in those games.

A couple of narrow victories against mid level SEC teams is somehow equal to getting killed on national tv. yet you'll also be the one's that says the SEC is overrated. how pathetic is your reasoning?

I think we will be in bigger in the years to come. This was

Oct 21, 2013, 9:39 AM [ in reply to all of you that say it's "just a loss" ]

just a start. We didn't do well. But we can improve and win the next one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another whining poster that has been missing around here.

Oct 21, 2013, 10:54 AM

As bad as I hate Saturday's loss, the fact that it brings out these whiners that have had to stay hid in Mommie's basement and stay quiet while Dabo has been winning. Can't wait till the next win where scum like this will again disappear.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic