Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You're not a "bad fan" for thinking Brownell isn't the guy.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,617

You're not a "bad fan" for thinking Brownell isn't the guy.

Jan 8, 2015, 12:08 AM

You become a bad fan when you constantly hope the team loses because you don't think Brownell is the guy.

You can think he's not the right coach without hoping the team fails. I don't think most here realize that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're not a "bad fan" for thinking Brownell isn't the guy.

Jan 8, 2015, 12:10 AM

You are also a pathetic fan if you are someone like dcjackson who only shows up after losses.

I am on record saying after Gwebb that Brownells time here is up. He will be back next year due to his contract but I dont see him being the future.

Doesnt change the fact our guys played their ##### off tonight.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 8, 2015, 12:24 AM

Clemson needs a guy that is bigger than Clemson basketball. A killer recruiter. BB is a great coach just not a great recruiter, not what we need here.

Jan 8, 2015, 12:27 AM

Well it doesnt get much bigger than clemson hoops!

That's why we need Charles Barkley ....

Jan 8, 2015, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Re: You're not a "bad fan" for thinking Brownell isn't the guy. ]

to coach our team ... its doesn't hurt to ask ! Bet it helps recruiting ! Sir Charles is tired of being a commentator

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't care who the coach is

Jan 8, 2015, 12:35 AM

I just want to win. I just personally don't think this Brownlee guy is going to get us there. I hope he does, bc I like when we're good at basketball.

Jan 8, 2015, 3:36 AM

Lets broaden that true statement by also adding that the ones mostly saying that Brownell isn't the right coach, are basing their assumptions from wins and losses, and not b/c they know a ### thing about coaching a basketball player and even far less about coaching a team!!! Those are the same ones that were All In while we were winning with KJ. If KJ would have stay his last year of eligibility that would have again held the team up while BB was coaching up our young team this year, we wouldn't have all the expert judges of Brownell's coaching qualifications....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right. Winning means nothing. We're really very successful.***

Jan 8, 2015, 7:10 AM

It is just financial prudence and ROI at this point...

Jan 8, 2015, 4:38 AM

...for DRad to start looking for another BB head coach. I'm still completely baffled on how DRad screwed up big time getting sucked into that BB buyout over having the KJ eye candy get him all giddy and such.

He acted like he had won the BCS Championship game and ran to secure Nick Saban from heading to Texas. Now DRad is stuck, plain and simple.

He cannot initiate a buyout by starting to look for a new BB head coach. He has got to let this play out over the next 3 years to the point of the basketball program becoming the cellar dweller of the ACC. At that point, the fan attendance will be so bad, the recruiting so abyssmal, that the empty seats in the new arena will just become a stain on DRad's overall competence. Then, a new head coaching search will begin.

I never hope the BB team loses at any time. I just see that state of affairs as they are...it is hard to watch players suffer at the hands of coach that is way over his in the deep end of the pool.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

I don't think Brownell is in over his head, as far as

Jan 8, 2015, 2:31 PM

coaching ability. Send Brownell to Duke or UNC and those teams will rack up championships.

Therein lies the problem. Brownell has got to find a way to get some better talent into the program. And honestly, I'm not sure how he can do that. Not many high profiles players that are defensively minded and unselfish.

Am I a bad fan for thinking these aren't the right players

Jan 8, 2015, 8:09 AM

either?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Give Brad a little more time.

Jan 8, 2015, 11:57 PM

We're only a few recruits away.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,617
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic