Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who were the people on here who said VT qb sucked?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Who were the people on here who said VT qb sucked?

Sep 4, 2017, 3:45 AM

Pure freshman with 250/100. Yeah dude sucks.

Looked like a veteran qb to me

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who were the people on here who said VT qb sucked?

Sep 4, 2017, 3:55 AM

Jackson did look poised for a FR QB. Reminded me of Evans from lat year. Kid could move and make plays.
Him, those recievers & Bud F & Co. Is most likely going to be one of our biggest tests.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He reminds me so far of a young Bryan Randall

Sep 5, 2017, 11:36 PM

Not sure if anyone here remembers him (he was our QB in our first ACC season). He didn't have a great arm (but he could throw adequately). He didn't have great wheels (though he wasn't slow either). But he was a very good college QB. I think Jackson has a chance to be similar. He seems to have a savvy beyond his years. His dad is the former RB coach at Michigan (Fred Jackson).

He might not have the upside of some of our other QBs over the years.. and I'll admit that I'm not completely sold that he's the four year answer. But if he can become another Bryan Randall, I would be quite happy. Though we'll see if he can hold off Hendon Hooker and/or Quincy Patterson over his four years in Blacksburg.

Not saying he sucks, but he did go against a Big 12 D***

Sep 4, 2017, 4:09 AM

Sep 4, 2017, 6:45 AM

Actually it's the WVa defense that sucks. Clemson will handle VaT with relative ease.

^^^THIS^^^***

Sep 4, 2017, 7:55 AM

Sep 4, 2017, 7:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Who were the people on here who said VT qb sucked? ]

How would anyone know a freshman QB playing in his first game, sucks? Conjecture?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2017, 8:57 AM

Week 1 people are so annoying. If you not in Heisman form in your first collegiate game than you obviously suck and the season is a wash.

I think too many people are paying too much attention

Sep 5, 2017, 11:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Who were the people on here who said VT qb sucked? ]

To recruiting rankings. Jackson wasn't exactly offered only by Virginia Tech, but he didn't get offers from many elite schools either. Our biggest competition for him was Boston College, Northwestern, Syracuse, and Minnesota. When Beamer retired, there was some word that he might flip to BC, but he stuck on board. Good thing for us.

I agree. The WV D looked typical Big12 D. Can't stop a fly.

Sep 4, 2017, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Who were the people on here who said VT qb sucked? ]

xx

Sep 4, 2017, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Who were the people on here who said VT qb sucked? ]

The kid looked pretty good to me for a first start. Way better stats that Vick's first start VS. a cupcake team (can't remember the name).

He has great speed and throws the ball well. He will make some plays against us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The borderline arrogant confidence on here is baffling.

Sep 4, 2017, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Who were the people on here who said VT qb sucked? ]

Clemson will be in an absolute war in Blacksburg.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: The borderline arrogant confidence on here is baffling.

Sep 4, 2017, 11:58 AM

It's because we've won so many games the last two years and topped it off by winning it all. People have short memories. This is just something fans do. We have played a lot of close games and have been fortunate enough to win almost all of them them. Virginia Tech looks like they are back and do not be surprised if we play them twice this year. The next three games are huge measuring stick for our team. Hopefully we will come out unscathed. I can tell you this: the arrogance of fans will have no bearing on how our team prepares. Dabo does a great job of keeping the team humble and hungry. That's where it counts :)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2017, 8:24 AM

One thing I've learned over the years is no to deduct too much from early season college games especially with the inconsistency of college kids. I do think he looked great. Now how much of that is him and how much of that is WV we simply can't know for sure at this point. WV had to replace their front 6 as they only use 3 down linemen. Still the freshman QB impressed last night.

Sep 4, 2017, 8:26 AM

Yaeh, he didn't play like that was his first game. Pretty big kid too.

Big 12 defenses make a lot of QB's look like world beaters***

Sep 4, 2017, 8:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Big 12 defenses make a lot of QB's look like world beaters***

Sep 4, 2017, 9:09 AM

Might not be a bad idea to lay off all the trash talk right now about upcoming opponents. Ill made comments can easily turn into locker room board material. The time to talk is after you take care of business.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^ Exactly ^^^^

Sep 4, 2017, 9:12 AM

C U later

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not an insult to say a dead man is dead***

Sep 4, 2017, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Big 12 defenses make a lot of QB's look like world beaters*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2017, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Big 12 defenses make a lot of QB's look like world beaters*** ]

Uh, I don't think anything a bunch of football nuts say on their school's forum is going to be used as locker room material by an opponent.

Sep 4, 2017, 10:03 AM

What Rutabaga truck did you ride into town on. You are crazy if you don't think VA TEC does not have fans visiting this board.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Visiting fans post lockerroom bulletin board material?***

Sep 4, 2017, 10:25 AM

Sep 4, 2017, 9:59 AM

He did look good last night

Sep 4, 2017, 10:15 AM

He is a rs fr and vt sucks.

Sep 4, 2017, 10:19 AM

He is so tall! Oh, wrong QB. Never mind.

Sep 4, 2017, 10:23 AM

In the 1st half he was bad. Came out on the 2nd half and looked like a seasoned qb. No I was not impressed with him the first 2 qtrs, but he came on strong after the half.

Probably the same ones who were heaping scorn on

Sep 6, 2017, 7:23 AM

Josh Rosen when UCLA was down 44-10 to A&M.....and there were plenty of them.....remarkably, they disappeared at the end of the game after the comeback.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic