Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What if?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,576

What if?

Sep 18, 2018, 2:06 PM

A one-loss (non-UGA) SEC Least team meets an undefeated Bama in the SEC championship game and wins?

Do both teams get in the playoffs, only one, or neither? For fun, let's assume that each of the other Power 5 conferences has a one-loss champion.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so uga bama and that other team get 3 spots***

Sep 18, 2018, 2:08 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What if?

Sep 18, 2018, 2:13 PM

It would be similar to last year, but replace UGA with that one-loss (non-UGA) team, and Bama would get the top seed, CLEMSON would get the 2-3 seed and and have to play that one-loss (non-UGA) team. Just like last year. CLEMSON has to beat the 2 best SEC teams to win the NC. They have it all planned out.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there is NO WAY IN HECK that the Winner AND Loser of ANY

Sep 18, 2018, 5:01 PM

conference CG both get in. PERIOD.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: there is NO WAY IN HECK that the Winner AND Loser of ANY

Sep 18, 2018, 5:10 PM

Not so fast my friend. If Bama was the loser you can never say never.
I wish that wasn't the case. But I'm not so sure.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: there is NO WAY IN HECK that the Winner AND Loser of ANY

Sep 18, 2018, 5:52 PM

The committee would pick 4 teams that haven't played each other in Nov/Dec. An immediate rematch in football makes no sense to anybody.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2018, 5:57 PM

I'm not sure what difference a non-UGA team vs UGA means. If both UGA and Bama are undefeated going to the SECCG, the winner gets in and the loser doesn't. No questions about it.

Sep 18, 2018, 9:07 PM

You mean it would never happen like when LSU/Bama played each other in November, then again in the BCS National Championship???

If Bama has only one loss, maybe even 2 they are getting in the playoffs. Guaranteed

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2018, 9:37 AM

That's why we have a committee now, to guard against that stupid shyt.

Let's say an undefeated Alabama loses to a 1-loss B10 champion (OSU) in the CFP semi finals. No one in #### would say that bama should go to the finals. They had their chance to win, and they didn't. Now, back it up a few weeks. If undefeated Alabama LOSES the SECCG, they had their chance and lost. No need to replay the game in the CFP.

The only way a "rematch" would occur, is if the head-to-head matchup occurred very early in the season, and the perception of both teams have changed over the season.

All CCG's are elimination games, per se.

What if C A T really spelled dog?***

Sep 18, 2018, 9:23 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,576
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic