Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UT linebacker refuses to get into FL game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

UT linebacker refuses to get into FL game

Sep 23, 2018, 11:49 AM

I just saw this....I wonder what his strategy is...transfer to another school and preserve a year of eligibility? Not caught up on the eligibility and transfer rule changes for NCAA so I'm just pondering.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/09/23/tennessee-coach-sends-player-to-locker-room-for-refusing-to-enter-game.html

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is gonna' become more common in the fourth, fifth and

Sep 23, 2018, 12:03 PM

sixth games of the year going forward.

And coaches are gong to have to adjust accordingly.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: This is gonna' become more common in the fourth, fifth and

Sep 23, 2018, 12:04 PM

PLEASE explain!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

The new redshirt rule allows for mid year decisions among

Sep 23, 2018, 12:14 PM

upper classmen who did not redshirt as Freshmen.

If by the fourth game you have had your playing time reduced and others are getting the reps(as was the case here), you may decide that a transfer will allow you two years with a new team. It would behoove you to not enter a game rather than burn your free redshirt for some mop up time.

So for the next 3 years, we will run into this every 4th-6th game. Auburn has already had a few mid-year transfers becasue of the extended redshirt.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

It pays to play

Sep 23, 2018, 12:16 PM

72, or more, early and often! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Once again Dabo is ahead of the curve on this.

Sep 23, 2018, 12:21 PM

All teams will eventually adjust and the trend will take care of itself, but for the next 3 years this will become something we come across from time to time, thogu liely not during the game.

One unitended consequence will be lack of QB depth though(or at least inexperiecned depth).

KB could still redshirt this year

Sep 23, 2018, 1:06 PM

Not that I think he will, but I really would not blame him

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have 43 players that could still redshirt this year

Sep 23, 2018, 4:44 PM

over half of the scholarship players

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is gonna' become more common in the fourth, fifth and

Sep 23, 2018, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: This is gonna' become more common in the fourth, fifth and ]

Guys are not going to want to burn an unproductive year, and their cap on 2018 participation is fast approaching if they want to redshirt. Like an employee who wants more hours, he wants to spend his four years of eligibility where he can play. Dude is already a junior but got passed by two guys on the depth chart this spring.

Basically the player wants the team to be more committed to him, just like he has always been totally committed to them. SEC coaches, who view individuals as nothing more than commodities, are about to get a rude awakening.

Eighteen year-olds who were taken in by the bait-and-switch of recruiting are not going to be satisfied as only providing 'depth'. Dabo stands out as a shining light of integrity in this regard.

I said that when I heard the rule before season***

Sep 23, 2018, 2:38 PM [ in reply to This is gonna' become more common in the fourth, fifth and ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UT player disputes Pruitt’s account

Sep 23, 2018, 12:20 PM

Somebody is lying. I would normally side with the coach but we are talking about Jeremy Pruitt

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UT linebacker refuses to get into FL game

Sep 23, 2018, 2:50 PM

My guess is coaches that are less than honest in their post spring evals will have more difficulty.

Sep 23, 2018, 3:40 PM

I liked it when Pruitt kicked that white board as one of the coaches was trying to draw something on it. The other coach just acted like nobody just kicked the carp outta that board and never even looked up. Pruitt must be fun to work with.

Wait I don't understand, why didn't he go in?

Sep 23, 2018, 4:40 PM

It's supposed to just mean more.

Sep 23, 2018, 5:35 PM

Quart’e is a good kid. Doesn’t sound like him. Besides, if he didn’t go in because he wants to redshirt, that decision would have been made before the game, not during. Something smells fishy with Jeremy Pruitt, but nothing should surprise us falling out of the Saban tree.

Sep 23, 2018, 5:49 PM

Yep, Quart’e disputes Pruitt’s claim. Have known Quart’e since he was 14. He’s a very good kid and always respectable. I would not believe everything Pruitt is spewing.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24770858/quarte-sapp-tennessee-volunters-linebacker-denies-coach-claim-refused-enter-game

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic