Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
USA Today predicting Russell Athletic Bowl
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,973

USA Today predicting Russell Athletic Bowl

Nov 5, 2013, 10:04 PM

against Louisville. I'm sure I can Google it but did this bowl used to go by another name?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think champs sports***

Nov 5, 2013, 10:06 PM

Yes It was Champs Sports and Clemson defeated Colorado

Nov 5, 2013, 11:17 PM

at that bowl during the Bowden Era and we were blown out by Texas Tech in this bowl also during the Bowden era. IMO, we get this bowl if we lose to GT and SCAR otherwise lose to SCAR only maybe ChickfilA or 3rd option win out and get a BCS game.

Re: USA Today predicting Russell Athletic Bowl

Nov 5, 2013, 10:10 PM

Years ago it was call the Tangerine Bowl. I live in the Orlando area and we watched the Tigers play there several times in the late 80's or early 90's.

null

Tell 'em coot

Nov 5, 2013, 10:57 PM

smh

Nov 6, 2013, 4:34 AM

I would like to think that this projection
is based on Clemson going less than 11-1.
From everything I have read,and people talked with ,it is concievable that we could go as high as the Sugar as an at large bid,but only if we win out.
Lose any one of the last three games,thus finishing at 10-2 and the Russell would be as good as any non BCS Bowl,but would still be a big disappointment.

Russell < Peach

Nov 6, 2013, 6:11 AM

And it's not close.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

What about if FSU is in NC

Nov 6, 2013, 8:52 AM

Does the Orange have to take the next highest rated ACC team in BCS standings? An 11-1 or even 10-2 Clemson would seem to be a preference over most all other available schools.

I am thinking that given the teams that will be playing each other over the next two weeks the Tigers could climb to 6 or 7. Even if there is a loss to SCAR, it would seem that after championship games are played the Tigers could return to Top 10.

Several teams in Top 10 BCS already have 1 loss and are likely to get another.....Stanford, Mizzou, Auburn and Oklahoma.

My point is I don't think the Orange, Sugar or Fiesta are out of the question even if the season ends 10-2. This year's selection order is Orange, Sugar, Fiesta.

Tigers are currently #7 in BCS. With all the highly ranked teams that have yet to play each other either regular season or conference championships, odds are Tigers will still be Top 10 BCS no matter outcome of SCAR game.

Much better predictions here

Nov 6, 2013, 8:57 AM

The monkey/dartboard system USA Today uses is a joke. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1833303-bcs-standings-2013-week-11-bcs-rankings-and-bowl-game-projections/page/34

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That Bleacher Report prediction has FSU in Orange

Nov 6, 2013, 9:20 AM

FSU is currently #2 in BCS and it's hard to see any way they lose that position so they are headed to NC and not Orange. FSU in Orange Bowl against UCF after such a dominating season would be a travesty.

Re: That Bleacher Report prediction has FSU in Orange

Nov 6, 2013, 9:52 AM

If Oregon beats Stanford this week, they will pass FSU again in the BCS. Only shot FSU will have to get back to #2 is if Miami wins out and is top 10 again in the ACCCG.

OU will likely have a good draw in their CCG too.***

Nov 6, 2013, 11:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tangerine Bowl at one point***

Nov 6, 2013, 9:49 AM

GO TIGERS

Nov 6, 2013, 11:19 AM

FSU VS UCF in the Orange Bowl

Oh man what a terrible game I would actually feel bad for FSU having to play that game after such a great season should they win out

Clemson in the Russell Ath bowl is a joke

they must think losing to USC drops Clemson out of the top 15 and Chick Fila takes Miami

Not realistic

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,973
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic