Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UM Update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

UM Update

Aug 14, 2018, 2:34 PM

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/terps/tracking-the-terps/bs-sp-loh-evans-aology-0814-story.html

https://twitter.com/sportingnews/status/1029436754489692161

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UM Update

Aug 14, 2018, 2:50 PM

They’re going to get sued, they’re going to lose and they deserve it.
Their student died under the direct supervision of their university personnel and the cause of death was directly attributable to their university personnel’s actions. They are toast.
Apologizing 2 months after the fact is an astoundingly bad look too. I guess there must have been something more important going on than students dying.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2018, 3:20 PM

Just a sad and heartbreaking situation

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2018, 3:24 PM

They said they would never have to worry about money for athletics after jumping to the Big 10.... I guess they were wrong

I hope that entire coaching staff gets fired...***

Aug 14, 2018, 4:27 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope that entire coaching staff gets fired...***

Aug 14, 2018, 4:41 PM

I thought so too, initially, but I wonder if Matt Canada doesn't deserve a shot as he was just hired a few months ago.

Though, I'm okay with the whole staff and strength staff and athletic training staff getting the ax too.

If only a few are let go, it's got to be the culprits Durkin and Rick Court. I think those 2 are the poison and removing them and having more eyes on the program will make a huge difference too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2018, 5:19 PM

Rick Court has just been fired. DJ still on leave.

Aug 14, 2018, 6:55 PM

1 down. Several more to go.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lots of respect to the President for making that statement

Aug 14, 2018, 4:38 PM

Nobody steps up and admits fault anymore. So refreshing.

I feel so sorry for the McNair family, but hopefully the apology is a small start to the healing process. I have no doubt Maryland gets sued, as they should, but this is good for the familiar.

If anything, too, this acknowledgement all but seals DJ Durkin and Rick Court (several athletic trainer's) fate. More importantly, I hope this is a wake call for all so this tragedy is learned from by all coaches, all sports, all levels so a senseless tragedy is avoided.

Bull Dawg Damon Evans has had his share of drama ...

Aug 14, 2018, 11:16 PM

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/damon-evans-uga-athletic-director-pleads-guilty-dui-charge/5BhhBzuv8JxUKsoiZNK2ML/

Wrong place wrong time continues for Evans.

Many of my high school memories are running football wind sprints in 100 degree summer heat and 95% humidity in Newport News, VA with coaches holding back water at three a day practices. Wonder we all lived through it. This MD tragedy will continue to change that "stupid coach" dynamic although to be fair the coaches back then thought holding back water was smart to toughen up kids "cause that's how Bear did it."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

people should watch The Junction Boys

Aug 14, 2018, 11:23 PM

Bear Bryant was absolutely inhuman to those players. Read the movie is pretty accurate. If so, hard to respect him. A lot more is known now about heat stroke but some things have always been common sense.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic