Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Top 10 Clemson Players in the NBA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 81
| visibility 1

Top 10 Clemson Players in the NBA

Apr 15, 2020, 2:17 PM

This post was inspired by STERLING®, who asked the question in the Trevor Booker retirement post.

Based on NBA career only, who are the top 10 Clemson players in the NBA? Sadly, this is a difficult list to compile, since we've only had 18 former Clemson players in the NBA. Most of these players did not last long in the NBA. In fact, half had careers lasting 8 years or less. Two of these 18 players didn't even finish their careers at Clemson (Harvey Grant, Mitchell Wiggins).

Here is my top 10:

1. Larry Nance
Played 13 seasons in the NBA.
4-time NBA All-Star (1985, 1989, 1993)
1-time NBA All-Defensive First Team (1989)
2-time NBA All-Defensive Second Team (1992, 1993)
NBA Slam Dunk Contest champion (1984)
No. 22 retired by Cleveland Cavaliers
Best season was 87-88, when he averaged 21.1 points, 9.9 rebounds, 3.1 assists, 2.4 blocks, and shot .551 from the field.
Career averages of 17 points and 8 rebounds per game.

2. Horace Grant
Played 17 seasons in the NBA.
4-time NBA champion (1991–1993, 2001)
1-time NBA All-Star (1994)
4-time NBA All-Defensive Second Team (1993–1996)
Best season was 93-94, when he averaged 15.1 points, 11 rebounds, 3.4 assists, 1.2 blocks, and 1.1 steals per game while shooting .524 from the field.
Career averages of 11.1 points and 8.1 rebounds per game.

3. Dale Davis
Played 16 seasons in the NBA.
1-time NBA All-Star (2000)
Best season was 93-94, when he averaged 11.7 points, 10.9 rebounds, 1.6 blocks, 1.5 assists, and shot .529 from the field.
Career averages of 8 points and 7.9 rebounds per game.

4. Tree Rollins
Played 18 seasons in the NBA.
1-time NBA All-Defensive First Team (1984)
1-time NBA All-Defensive Second Team (1983)
NBA blocks leader (1983)
Best season was 79-80, when he averaged 8.9 points, 9.4 rebounds, and 3 blocks per game while shooting .558 from the field.
Career averages of 5.4 points and 5.8 rebounds per game.

5. Elden Campbell
Played 15 seasons in the NBA.
1-time NBA champion (2004)
Best season was 98-99, when he averaged 15.3 points, 9.4 rebounds, 1.8 blocks, 1.9 assists, and shot .489 from the field
Career averages of 10.3 points and 5.9 rebounds per game.

6. Sharone Wright
Played 6 seasons in the NBA
Best season was 95-96, when he averaged 11.6 points, 6.2 rebounds, and shot .484 from the field.
Career averages of 9.7 points and 5 rebounds per game.

7. Trevor Booker
Played 8 seasons in the NBA.
Best season was 2016-2017, when he averaged 10 points, 8 rebounds, 1.9 assists, and 1.1 steals per game while shooting .516 from the field.
Career averages of 6.9 points and 5.5 rebounds per game.

8. Chris Whitney
Played 11 seasons in the NBA.
Best season was 2001-2002, when he started 81 of 82 games and averaged 10.2 points, 3.8 assists, and shot .406 on threes.
Career averages of 6.5 points and 2.8 assists per game.

9. Greg Buckner
Played 11 seasons in the NBA.
Best season was 2000-2001, when he averaged 6.2 points, 4.2 rebounds, and 1.3 assists per game.
Career averages of 5 points and 2.8 rebounds per game.

10. K.J. McDaniels
Played 4 seasons in the NBA.
Best season was 2014-2015, when he averaged 9.2 points, 3.8 rebounds, and 1.3 assists per game.
Career averages of 5.3 points and 2.2 rebounds.

I did not include Harvey Grant in my rankings, since he only played 1 year at Clemson before transferring to a community college and then playing his last two years at Oklahoma. However, he did have a solid NBA career. Over 13 seasons in the NBA, he averaged 10 points and 4.4 rebounds per game. For three straight seasons in the early 90s, he averaged 18 points per game. If he were included here, he would easily be in the top 5.

What does your top 10 look like?

EDIT: In my original list, I didn't realize that Mitchell Wiggins played his last two years of college basketball at FSU. I had him ranked #6. The revised list reflects this change.

Message was edited by: Judge Keller®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Good list, but Once a Tiger, alway a Tiger...

Apr 15, 2020, 2:22 PM

and he is Jerai's father.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's great, but he isn't a Clemson alum.

Apr 15, 2020, 2:36 PM

He played the bulk of his college career - as well as the two most important years of his college career - at Oklahoma. He is an Oklahoma alum, and has always listed Oklahoma as where he went to college.

No need to turn this into a "Once a Tiger" debate. I'm sure he has a fondness for Clemson for the reasons you mentioned, but he was only at Clemson for 1 year. In my opinion, to be identified as a "former Clemson player" they should have made a substantial contribution to Clemson basketball and finished their collegiate career at Clemson.

Since you disagree, where would you put him on your list?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

He is one hundred percent a Clemson alumnus...

Apr 15, 2020, 2:40 PM

you do not know the meaning of the word.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, I do know what it means.

Apr 15, 2020, 3:06 PM

And no, he is not 100% a Clemson alumnus.

It depends on how one defines alumnus. Most definitions require/assume that an alumnus (or in the case of a female, an alumna) must have graduated from that school. Here are some examples from different sources:

https://www.wordnik.com/words/alumnus

While it can be argued that one could be an alumnus of a school without graduating, I don't think you will find many people who agree with that as the primary definition. Otherwise, why not just call them all former students?

However, if you do want to pursue that line of thinking, then we must decide on how much time is required at a school to be an alumnus. Several years? One year? One week? One day? One hour?

Clemson requires a minimum of 90 credit hours to be completed before one is eligible for a Clemson ring. I'd say that is also a fair criteria for alumnus/alumna if you insist on including students who attended Clemson for a reasonable amount of time without graduating. Harvey didn't even come close to achieving that, so he isn't an alumnus.

No it doesn't; alumnus literally means student or pupil...

Apr 15, 2020, 3:18 PM

In the day it was considered the nourishing of that pupil, through apprenticeships & mentoring.

The word dates back long before university or the notion of graduation ever existed. A diploma in those days simply meant official papers.

Your bastardization doesn't remove his alumnus status and truthfully, being willfully doltful as you are is a lack of integrity, which is telling and unforgivable to someone with it, like me.

You have a good day, wrong as you are, but every person that spent a moment's time in a school is an alumnus.

If you want to be correct, say graduate next time and you've more to deal with down the board. Let the next two step begin.

^^ Obviously not a Clemson alumnus.***

Apr 15, 2020, 3:22 PM

No, I'm an alumnus of far better institutions...

Apr 15, 2020, 3:28 PM

ones that taught integrity, honor, notions of correct, incorrect, the how tos of critical thought and the benefit of not doubling down on idiocy.

As for Clemson, my love has always been for the people, but that number dwindles with each passing day, unfortunately.

Re: No, I'm an alumnus of far better institutions...

Apr 15, 2020, 4:04 PM

Where did you go? I am just interested and not looking for any probs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why are you walking on eggshells with that

Apr 15, 2020, 4:16 PM

"not looking for any probs" disclaimer? You can just come out and say what we're all thinking, if your diploma isn't from Clemson then it's not worth a shyatt. And that includes both Winthrop and some tiny little liberal arts school in BFE Virginia.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Why are you walking on eggshells with that

Apr 15, 2020, 4:18 PM

Was just wondering. There are some where we can tell. For example, we all know that Francis Marion went to Francis Marion University.

Wrong again.

Apr 15, 2020, 4:19 PM

Although they practically begged me to come.

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

That makes sense seeing as how you

Apr 15, 2020, 4:31 PM

share a name with the institution and all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

In a completely hetero way, I <3 you...

Apr 15, 2020, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Why are you walking on eggshells with that ]

don't let it go to your head.

Haha, I'm not looking to give you any Carlsbad...

Apr 15, 2020, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Re: No, I'm an alumnus of far better institutions... ]

I studied at UR, UVA, William & Mary, Princeton, Duke through my time as Math & Science Honors Rep. for the State of Virginia. It was a think tank of sorts, we researched given projects, wrote and presented papers.

I swore for 1.5 years I was attending Princeton for 2 reasons; one, my interest in Game Theory as it related to Biology, but most importantly, they are Tigers. Silly as it seems, the second was a huge driver, so I got over it.

Mr. & Mrs. Doc Fred, dear friends, are both Duke grads, they wrote my recommendations. Doc Fred is a founder of Charter Medical, so I probably spent the most time at Duke during that 2 year period.

My degrees are from Washington & Lee, then entertained TC Williams by taking a required class for admissions.

No cuts, lacerations or bruises I hope? Be good dude.

Re: Haha, I'm not looking to give you any Carlsbad...

Apr 15, 2020, 4:25 PM

What campus and college life did you like best?

I wasn't a fan of bigger schools, but each is beautiful...

Apr 15, 2020, 4:39 PM

in its own right.

UVA's Lawn is amazing, but prof to student ratio suffered for its size; still a fantastic University.

Do you consider yourself an alumnus of all of those schools?

Apr 15, 2020, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Haha, I'm not looking to give you any Carlsbad... ]

Give me a minute here, grabbin the trail mixes...***

Apr 15, 2020, 4:30 PM

Absolutely, my study at each was invaluable & rewarding.***

Apr 15, 2020, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Do you consider yourself an alumnus of all of those schools? ]

According to Merriam-Webster...

Apr 15, 2020, 4:37 PM

you are correct! Hard to imagine anyone would try and argue with an unabridged dictionary.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/alumnus

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Thank you, I've 5 years of Latin, 1 independent study...

Apr 15, 2020, 4:43 PM

JK could certainly use a guiding hand. It's a shame, he/she's probably well intentioned, but at some point you need to put points on the board.

I'm patient.

It’s sad you can’t accept my post above.

Apr 15, 2020, 8:19 PM

Alumnus is generally regarded as a graduate. Several definitions in the link I posted state that. However, allowing that a few definitions allow for a student who didn’t graduate to be called an alumnus, then we must decide how much attendance is required to claim alum status.

If a guy attends class for a day at Clemson before dropping out, do you call him a Clemson alumnus?

LOL at you disregarding several of the definitions I shared

Apr 15, 2020, 8:14 PM [ in reply to According to Merriam-Webster... ]

which define alumnus as a graduate of a school, only to post one of your own that disagrees. And in true TaterNet fashion, you criticize me for not seeing the “truth” in your definition.

Since you’ve chosen this hill to die on, please share how much attendance one has to have at a school to be an alumnus.

If said person attends class for 1 week as a freshman, do you consider them an alumnus?

I’m embarrassed for you right now...

Apr 15, 2020, 8:17 PM

And I’m not kidding.

Re: LOL at you disregarding several of the definitions I shared

Apr 15, 2020, 8:35 PM [ in reply to LOL at you disregarding several of the definitions I shared ]

It's actually hilarious that you keep pointing back to a link you added to support your argument that explicitly proves you wrong. Your link contains definitions from 5 different sources. 4/5 of those sources do not restrict alumnus to someone who is also a graduate.

Additionally it supports the idea that deadsolidperfect knows what he's talking about by virtue of being spot on regarding the etymology of the word. You've actually added a source, and continued to reference it, despite it explicitly contradicting your argument and supporting the notion that the person you're arguing with is more knowledgeable than you. I hope you weren't planning on joining a debate team.

Great, so please tell us how long a student has to attend a college

Apr 15, 2020, 9:38 PM

to be considered an alum.

Several years? One year? One month?

Re: Great, so please tell us how long a student has to attend a college

Apr 16, 2020, 9:21 AM

Based on the literal definition of the word there is no restrictive time-based criteria. Why do you keep asking that to everyone who contradicts you as if it's some "gotcha" statement?

Because some posters here are all about challenging

Apr 16, 2020, 3:57 PM

statements (especially ones which have little to no importance to the original topic at hand), even if it means moving the goalposts as the conversation evolves.

I see that you joined in 2013, but you sound like you're new here.

By "the Judge's" supplied definition . . .

Apr 15, 2020, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Absolutely, my study at each was invaluable & rewarding.*** ]
IMG_1904.PNG(99.9 K)

You most certainly ARE!!!

Reading comprehension is lacking in some.

No doubt; I'm almost hoping someone does JK a solid...

Apr 15, 2020, 5:37 PM

and tackles him, but this is grand theatre.

Are you suggesting JK posted a link to the definition...

Apr 15, 2020, 5:44 PM [ in reply to By "the Judge's" supplied definition . . . ]

of “Alumni”, only to argue the definition he provided was incorrect.

I’m sure he knows all graduates are alumni, but not all alumni are graduates, right?

Yes . . .

Apr 15, 2020, 6:25 PM

thanks for "spelling it out" so succinctly . . .

Dammmit, I'm out of popcorn . . . Guess the show is over anyway . . .

Thanks for the entertainment . . . Beats watching "The Deuce"!!!

Haha...

Apr 15, 2020, 6:41 PM

Never a dull moment on tnet, is it?

I acknowledged in my first post on the alum topic that there are

Apr 15, 2020, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Are you suggesting JK posted a link to the definition... ]

two definitions for alumnus. However, I believe you will find that the generally accepted definition of alumnus is a man who graduated from said school.

Again, I’ll ask: if using the second definition of alumnus, how long does one have to attend a school to be called an alumnus? I would argue that the one year Harvey Grant attended Clemson is not enough to classify him as an alum.

There is one, and then bastardizations.

Apr 15, 2020, 11:03 PM

The word in all its magnificent glory, means pupil. You offer the throngs of people in this world whose understanding is limited as evidence, which only makes you limited as well. It's not a good thing to have a lot of company in this as you do, unless all the minnows are schooling for safety? You'll not get an argument from me that the world is populated by ignorant people, which amazes me considering the access to information that is available. But, some folks just don't have it in them to unearth what's there. It's a shame.

I already answered your question, but in Harvey's & many other cases, matriculation makes one a student, and an alumnus[gender aside] should they leave in a day or lifetime of days, regardless of diploma in hand. It's not a question of time, it's a matter of is and this exercise in uselessness you've championed is yet another example of your spastic gyrations.

There are all sorts of programs that have come about in the universe, many nods to the origins. Exchange programs, research programs of which I was a part, all afforded the resources, knowledge, time & the medium to further the pupils' understanding. Apprenticeships are alive and well, there are ~4 states, including Virginia where you can apprentice with a law firm and take the bar sans degree.

It's an amazing world out there, I'm a predator of knowledge. My goodness man, there is nothing wrong with making errors, they happen, but this has made perspicuous the Karen references and what seemed a complete lack of integrity. It's not a good look.

Be well, JK. Hope you and yours stay safe.

That's a beautiful response.

Apr 16, 2020, 4:29 PM

But your problem here is that you aren't allowing for any flexibility regarding the definition of alumnus. In my first post on this topic, I allowed for several different interpretations and shared them for all to see. I never stated that an alumnus has to be a graduate, although that is certainly the most common use of the term. I allowed for an alumnus to be someone who attends a school for a period of time. I personally do not consider someone such as Harvey Grant a Clemson alumnus. You do, and that's fine. But that doesn't make me wrong.

I willingly admit when I'm wrong. In fact, I admitted my error regarding Mitchell Wiggins in this very thread just yesterday. I'm wrong frequently (ask my wife!). But I'm not wrong on this.

Using your definition for alumnus - and let's be clear, it's one of several possible definitions used today - greatly diminishes the value of calling one an alumnus (or alumna, in the case of a female) to that of merely a student. If that's how you want to use it, that's fine. Many others will share your definition, and I don't have a problem with it. But please know, there are others who won't agree with your definition, and they aren't wrong. If you don't believe me, feel free to see what many college and university alumni associations consider alumni (hint: they equate alumni status with graduation). I would expect you to know this, given your extensive experiences at other fine institutions of higher learning.

You seem unable, or at least unwilling, to allow for any definition aside from your own. I hope you don't view everything in life to be so black and white. If you do, you're missing out on a lot of gray which can be the source of a lot of investigation, learning, and enjoyment.

It's too bad you let this alumnus debate annoy you so much, to the point that it has dominated this thread. I would encourage you to be content with that discussion, and put it aside so that you can revisit the initial intent of this thread. I'll ask you again:

How do you rank your top 10 former Clemson players in the NBA?

If you wish to include the Harvey Grants and Mitchell Wiggins, feel free; it's your list, after all. I look forward to reading your response.

"My" definition? It is what the word means, no

Apr 16, 2020, 5:21 PM

interpretation or timeline necessary.

The rest, more of your gyrations hoping to retrench an exchange you long ago lost, addressed by others and not limited to my beautiful response.

Oh, and then there's your 12-year-old's attempt at you mad bro, which is common, a word you wear well.

It is not a good look.

I wonder if he had enough hours to qualify for a class ring?

Apr 15, 2020, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Do you consider yourself an alumnus of all of those schools? ]

If so, I read somewhere that makes you eligible for the "Alumni" designation.

So is Nancy O'Dell an alumnus?***

Apr 15, 2020, 4:18 PM [ in reply to Yes, I do know what it means. ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So is Nancy O'Dell an alumnus?***

Apr 15, 2020, 4:22 PM

How about Deandre Hopkins?

No, she's an alumna.***

Apr 15, 2020, 4:27 PM [ in reply to So is Nancy O'Dell an alumnus?*** ]

Ding ding! Or alum.***

Apr 15, 2020, 4:29 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh no...you were doing so well until you said "alum"***

Apr 15, 2020, 2:43 PM [ in reply to That's great, but he isn't a Clemson alum. ]

Did it get ghostly quiet up in here?***

Apr 15, 2020, 3:06 PM

That's the sound of desperate ex post facto research going on...

Apr 15, 2020, 4:00 PM

or backtracking. It's hard to tell.

Ahhh, Bach...

Apr 15, 2020, 4:03 PM

You've heard the pitter-patter of those tiny feets before?

Many, many times.

Apr 15, 2020, 4:04 PM

Sometimes, in the heat of the moment, the typing gets a little ahead of the research. Rarely does it end well.

I see, & thanks. You hope your children learn from life...

Apr 15, 2020, 4:31 PM

their experiences, both good and bad, then apply it to avoid falling into that quicksand again and again.

Unfortunately some have to try the stove many times over, believing it's the stove that is at fault.

Are you going to share your top 10 list

Apr 15, 2020, 4:07 PM [ in reply to That's the sound of desperate ex post facto research going on... ]

or did you just come here to troll as usual?

I'm sorry...

Apr 15, 2020, 4:13 PM

I'm talking with someone else at the moment. I'll have to ask you to stay six feet away from us until we're done.

Thank you.

I have an N95 mask.

Apr 15, 2020, 8:37 PM

So I don’t care.

We all know that alums are the only true fans.

Apr 15, 2020, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Oh no...you were doing so well until you said "alum"*** ]

;)

Harvey was kicked outta Clemson

Apr 15, 2020, 7:24 PM [ in reply to That's great, but he isn't a Clemson alum. ]

There were 2 different incidents within a short time period, both which could have led to arrests. Just leave it at "mutually beneficial" for him to leave Clemson. It did allow Horace to develop into a much better player with him gone because that dude was a bit crazy. For those who won't believe me, ask yourself why he rarely attended Jerai's games??

Can't disagree with that list, well done.***

Apr 15, 2020, 2:34 PM

You aren't going to disagree with me?

Apr 15, 2020, 2:36 PM

Are you feeling okay? No fever or dry cough, right? :)

It just goes to show that every once in a while

Apr 15, 2020, 2:40 PM

you're not completely wrong. Hopefully this instance didn't exhaust your 2020 quota ;)

Love, exciting and new, go aboard...

Apr 15, 2020, 2:47 PM

they're expecting you...

Your Harvey Grant logic should also apply to Mitch Wiggins.***

Apr 15, 2020, 2:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a fantastic catch; did not know you even sport bro.***

Apr 15, 2020, 3:01 PM

Great catch.

Apr 15, 2020, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Your Harvey Grant logic should also apply to Mitch Wiggins.*** ]

I didn't realize that he played at FSU after he was at Clemson.

I'll edit my list now to remove him.

EDIT: Original post edited. I removed Wiggins and added K.J. McDaniels (#10).

Message was edited by: Judge Keller®

Re: Top 10 Clemson Players in the NBA

Apr 15, 2020, 3:02 PM

I like that list.

Thanks.

Apr 15, 2020, 3:19 PM

Before I started looking into the details, I figured Nance, Grant, and Davis would be in the top group. But I was surprised how clear-cut the #1 spot was. Nance had a far superior NBA career to all the others. Grant gets a lot of publicity for playing on those Bulls teams, but Nance's numbers were eye-popping in comparison. This is also reflected in his multiple All-Star berths and other awards.

Re: Thanks.

Apr 15, 2020, 3:24 PM

True. On a different note, Chris Whitney, who was really good in the day, would be amazing at Clemson in today's game.

He sure would!

Apr 15, 2020, 3:26 PM

I remember some incredibly long three pointers he hit while he was a Tiger. Outstanding shooter!

Apr 15, 2020, 5:49 PM

That was sommmme research. Thanks. As for alumni, whenever someone says they are a MIT grad, no one asks any questions.

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Apr 15, 2020, 7:51 PM

Will Solomon was really good. He hung around a while.

Most of the comments here don’t even address my original post.

Apr 15, 2020, 9:42 PM

In fact, they have nothing to do with it.

This is why the TigerNet message board has the reputation it does.

No doubt, & isn't Brad's program still suffering the throes

Apr 15, 2020, 11:34 PM

of KJ McDaniels leaving early?

You had a bad day, but tomorrow's a new one.

Hopefully you begin it well & serenely, and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

$1 to Ralph Waldo Emerson

Oh, and for shyatts & giggles, Sharone left after 3, Chris Whitney played only 2 at Clemson.

Re: No doubt, & isn't Brad's program still suffering the throes

Apr 16, 2020, 10:32 AM

It has been...entertaining.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

It's a day later, so I must ask:

Apr 16, 2020, 4:32 PM [ in reply to No doubt, & isn't Brad's program still suffering the throes ]

Are you still as bothered today by multiple definitions and interpretations of alumnus, or was that just you having a bad day yesterday?

It's clear you don't do research.

Apr 16, 2020, 5:13 PM

In fact, you don't even bother researching your sources before linking them. Quick heads up, the two you are leaning on have received 3.3/5 and 2.5/5 stars respectively. Here are a few of the reviews...

"This was a total rip-off. Many, MANY words are missing--just not included. I feel like re-writing the whole program. Definitions are patheticly incomplete. It's a pile of garbage. Don't waste your money unless you're still in kindergarten and learning English for the first time. Complete RIP-OFF. How do I get this trash off my machine?????????????????????????????"

"I put Wordnet3 on my Kindle and within an hour I discovered it didn't have definitions for common words.
The dictionary that came with the Kindle had the definitions.
I would like to get my money back."

"Cannot search for words on iPad! Maybe if I made it the default dictionary, but that isn't what I bought it for. I don't really see the deeper definitions claimed in the description for this book but it would probably be a good resource for ESL students to understand English idioms."

"It is handy and is useful. The basic word list and definitions have been used in several dictionary projects. Updates do not happen. A pity, since some of the listings no longer exist. (It is no longer the SEARS tower, it is now the Willis Tower.) Some of the definitions are wrong. (IL is nine more than forty? Like XLIX it is.) A few words share a definition which can make understanding more confusing. It is useful, but each discovery of an error, is an annoyance."

I guess we could forgo using dictionaries though, and just go with your definitions...

"Former Clemson Player": Someone who has made substantial contributions to Clemson basketball and finished their collegiate career at Clemson.

"Alum": Someone who has graduated or has enough credit hours to order a class ring.

A second "you mad bro"; not a surer sign you've nothing...

Apr 16, 2020, 5:26 PM [ in reply to It's a day later, so I must ask: ]

of value to offer.

Common, really and unfortunate.

LOL, this thread is a karen highlight reel.

Apr 16, 2020, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Most of the comments here don’t even address my original post. ]

Back to playing the victim, I See.

FWIW, you started a rabbit hole where you refuse to admit you were wrong even after being proved as such, per the usual. Thereby, you derailed your own OP. HTH

Also, what reputation would that be? And sources of such reputation?

TIAIA

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

When in doubt...

Apr 16, 2020, 9:43 AM

be cryptic. It gives the illusion you know something others may not.

You don't know about TigerNet's reputation?

Apr 16, 2020, 4:38 PM

When is the last time you left the TigerNet bubble? Or have you never left it?

Why would I go to any other sites for Clemson related news?***

Apr 16, 2020, 4:57 PM

Thanks for chiming in, Barb.

Apr 16, 2020, 4:37 PM [ in reply to LOL, this thread is a karen highlight reel. ]

In your typical fashion, you decided to ride someone else's coattails rather than be a big girl and contribute something of value on your own.

If you were truly the objective, rational voice you think you are, you would call out your pals for going all Karen over the definition of alumnus. That display, which did indeed hijack this thread, is the essence of Karen's irritating and antagonistic reputation.

I admit when I'm wrong regularly, as I did yesterday in this very thread when I acknowledged my error when including Mitchell Wiggins.

When is the last time you admitted you were wrong on TigerNet? Please, tell us.

Ah yes, you're still the victim I see.....

Apr 16, 2020, 6:00 PM

Why should I call out people who are RIGHT? You literally responded to DSP with an antagonistic post which included "That's great, but he isn't a Clemson alum.". Your statement was inherently wrong as confirmed in various posts through various sources throughout this thread.They weren't being antagonistic, you are/were after having been confronted for your false statement.

Like so many of these long threads where you like to play the victim, you could've simply owned up to it and it would've gone away as quickly as it began. But you seem to lack the ability to self reflect and own up to your mistakes.

Lastly, link to a post where I was wrong and didn't own up to it when brought to my attention? I'll wait.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Here's the kicker, Anon - he was proven wrong by

Apr 16, 2020, 4:56 PM [ in reply to LOL, this thread is a karen highlight reel. ]

HIS OWN POST . . . .

This is DEFINITELY getting close to rivaling Tim Match Day

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Tim Match Day is a great call, good on you...

Apr 16, 2020, 5:32 PM

but don't let it go to your head.

But she's the victim, Rocky....I also need a history lesson

Apr 16, 2020, 6:02 PM [ in reply to Here's the kicker, Anon - he was proven wrong by ]

Tim Match Day.

Replies: 81
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic