Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tony Elliot vs Chad Morris
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Tony Elliot vs Chad Morris

Jan 11, 2017, 10:36 PM

just have to wonder, would Chad calling plays have resulted in back 2 back championship games and a national championship ???

it just could be the natural evolution of d watson and the results would have been the same

but dabo proved the skeptics wrong by handing the reins over to tony elliiot

almost feel the offensive chemistry is better with dabo - jeff scott - tony elliot - streeter

chad always kinda felt like an outsider who was here only as a resume builder

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tony Elliot vs Chad Morris

Jan 11, 2017, 10:39 PM

Elliot much better!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2017, 11:40 PM

From my High School,James Island. Representing it well. Elliot is a very smart guy. Elliot by split decision.

Jan 11, 2017, 10:44 PM

I'm glad we had Chad. He catapulted us in the direction we needed to go. I think Elliot and Scott are better for one reason. Chad was never willing to change his game plan if it wasn't working. He seemed to have an attitude that his calls were correct and if they didn't work then it was the players not executing. That might be true some of the time, but some times the defense is just on to you. Elliot and Scott will make in game adjustments to take what is given them. I think that makes them wiser play callers and I think that's why we've had the success these past two years. Again, I don't want to be too critical because Chad did a lot for this program. I have immense respect for him because of that. However, I'm glad he moved on because I think Elliot and Scott are better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2017, 10:45 PM

I saw CCM more as a hired gun than just a resume builder. We needed him at the time and he came through in spades. Without CCM we would likely not have DW4 at QB. We also needed an offensive identity and need a strong coordinator to support a young HC. What we have now is better than what we had them but because in large measure to CCM

TE***

Jan 11, 2017, 10:49 PM

Unfair comparison

Jan 11, 2017, 11:00 PM

Chad was a little stale in his last year here but he is the better OC.

Remember that Chad's players are not nearly as good as what we have had the last two years. Boyd is a good player and a GREAT fit for Chads offense but Watson is on another level. I know Chad had better WR's than most NFL teams but the O-lines were mediocre and RB depth was much shallower.

Either way I think Watson takes us to the NCG twice.

Now I'll be really interested to see how our OC's do with a new QB. Time for them to really show what they can do. I also wonder about Streeter. Watson was more natural last year than this year. I hope it wasn't because Streeter was trying to change him too much.

Re: Unfair comparison

Jan 12, 2017, 1:00 AM

Don't forget that Elliot/Scott have had a true freshman starter at OT both years that they have been OCs. Chad never had to manage with that scenario.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2017, 11:01 PM

I think Chad is probably better with the X's and the O's but as far as situational playcaller, hands down Scott and Elliot are better imo.

Jan 11, 2017, 11:25 PM

I find it interesting how people are now behind Scott/Elliot. Earlier this year there were a good number of fans criticizing them for their play calling especially against Auburn and Troy and Pitt. I'm not saying you were one of those people. But it's interesting to see how people's opinions change once a desired result is achieved.

To answer your question, to me it's less about the OCs and more that I believe Dabo wanted to run the ball more and get away from some of the "gimmicky" plays. It helps having Watson, of course. Remember that Chad never had the complete team to work with that Scott/Elliot have. If Morris had the defense that we have now, then he would roll teams but he could also wear our defense down if the offense isn't clicking. Elliot/Scott are what they are because of Chad and we are better because of him being here.

Morris more predictable.***

Jan 11, 2017, 11:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2017, 11:42 PM

Elliott sticks to the run game which seems to work better.

Not fair to Chad

Jan 11, 2017, 11:45 PM

Chad never got a full season with a transcendent talent at QB. TE has had nothing but seasons with a transcendent talent at QB. We'll find out what TE is really worth this coming year.

Message was edited by: tigerfan22334®

I think the bigger difference has been Streeter, he is a

Jan 12, 2017, 1:48 AM

much better QB coach than Morris

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chad is the reason DW4 is at Clemson...thank you Chad***

Jan 12, 2017, 10:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2017, 10:39 AM

Our playcalling got very creative in the second half.

I'm very appreciative of what Chad gave to Clemson

Jan 12, 2017, 10:51 AM

I'm sure Dabo understood exactly where Chad was coming from.

Those victories over LSU and Ohio State were awesome examples of the offense he brought to Clemson and I believe a huge part of the foundation for what we see today.

We are extremely lucky to have someone like BV as a coordinator that has national exposure and history but is content to be a coordinator for as long as he has been.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic