Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tonight's game and ACC tourney seedings......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Tonight's game and ACC tourney seedings......

Mar 5, 2013, 3:19 PM

Currently the ACC standings look like this, with remaining games in parentheses:

1) Miami 14-2 (GT,CU)
2) Duke 12-4 (VT, at UNC)
3) UNC 11-5 (at MD, Duke)
4) UVA 10-6 (at FSU, MD)
5) NCSU 10-6 (Wake, at FSU)
6) MD 8-8 (UNC, at UVA)
7) FSU 7-9 (UVA, NCSU)
8) Clemson 5-11 (BC, at Miami)
9) BC 5-11 (at CU, GT)
10) GT 5-11 (at Miami, at BC)
11) Wake 5-11 (at NCSU, VT)
12) VT 4-12 (at Duke, at Wake)

- As you can see, we are in a 4 way tie for 8th place, but own the tiebreaker due to a 3-1 record against those opponents (BC is 2-1, GT is 2-2 and Wake is 1-4).

- A win tonight likely locks up the 8 spot and basically ensures at least the 9 spot, assuming that none of those 4 teams is capable of winning their last 2. We would be 4-1 against that group and most tiebreaking scenarios would work in our favor since we swept GT and Wake.

- Of the teams we're in the tie with, it looks like most will split their remaining games. I think we'll beat BC and lose to Miami. Wake will lose at State and beat VT at home. GT will lose to Miami. The BC-GT game is a toss-up, but likely BC wins at home.

- A loss tonight followed by a loss at Miami throws the door open for a number of other scenarios. I'd just rather assume that we'll figure out a way to get this one and not worry about it.

- Miami pretty much has the top spot on lockdown. Likely we'll play either BC or GT in the 8/9 game...probably whoever wins their game this weekend. Wake could throw a wrench into things if they managed to beat State on the road and then beat VT, but that is doubtful. At this point, I think we'll see the winner of GT vs BC in the 8/9 game. Most of the other spots above us are virtually locked in, unless there are major upsets this week.

- Truth be told, I'd probably rather deal with Miami than Duke in a Friday game. Can we beat GT a third time or beat BC again? I think so. Then we can take our chances against Miami and see what happens.

- Hope the Tigers come through tonight! Been a long season, but this is one of those games they need to win to at least have some sort of positivity going into the tournament and the off-season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good post---thanks for the info!***

Mar 5, 2013, 3:27 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice work, gotta take care of BC and we're ok***

Mar 5, 2013, 3:30 PM

I predict we finish

Mar 5, 2013, 3:40 PM

butt naked last

Re: Tonight's game and ACC tourney seedings......

Mar 5, 2013, 4:33 PM

I think everyone underestimates the effect of the loss of McDaniels on our team the last few games. I thought we had a chance against UNC until I heard he was not going to play, at which point I became very concered about our prerimeter defense. He is our only true small forward, and he has a skill set no other player on our team comes close to having--freakish athleticism, ability to drive and finish at the basket, spectacular put backs, blocking shots and perimeter defense. He makes the types of plays that can energize a team. With him, we take out BC at home, no problem. Without him, we could lose this game, unless we get some good play from unexpected sources. That's my take.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic