Topic: Tigers will play...
Replies: 5   Last Post: May 19, 2019 8:00 AM by: Winitall18
[ Tiger Boards - Baseball ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 5  

Tigers will play...

[3]
Posted: May 18, 2019 9:43 PM

Boston College in the first game of the ACC Tournament.Hopefully get that first Win and get off that bubble for an NCAA Regional...https://twitter.com/ClemsonBaseball/status/1129915075089850368

since they're playing BC, doya think

Posted: May 18, 2019 10:05 PM

Monte might NOT start the Tigers #1 pitcher and opt instead to start someone a bit farther down the list?? Granted, there's not a lot of leeway on the pitching staff as a whole, and we all know Spiers could wind up pitching games after not getting a normal amount of rest.

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Re: since they're playing BC, doya think

Posted: May 18, 2019 10:21 PM

Guess it will depend on when they play their first game.If they play on the first day of the tournament Tuesday and or Wednesday I can see Jackson Lindley getting the start.He had a good outing against Coastal Carolina.I agree with you that someone other than a weekend starter will get the nod.

Posted: May 18, 2019 10:21 PM

Most likely . Would be my guess .
I think we are not on the bubble , even without a tourney win I think we're a 2 or 3 seed somewhere .
Hope we go to Vandy!

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

DB23

Posted: May 18, 2019 10:37 PM

Don't know if you heard Monte's postgame after last nights win or not but the way he sounded was that a win in today's game and 16-14 conference record would take them off the bubble talk but a loss and 15-15 record and they he felt they would still be on the bubble.Just me but I think they need to win one more game to solidify a Regional bid.

Re: Tigers will play...

Posted: May 19, 2019 8:00 AM

We will need 2 good pitching outings from our starters , when we get decent pitching we can beat most teams.
I would think Clark goes against Louisville he is our best pitcher.
The BC game will not be a cakewalk but it’s one we should win.

Replies: 5  
[ Tiger Boards - Baseball ]
Start New Topic
1072 people have read this post