Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thinking VT will be much harder test 4 Team now than UL ever was..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Thinking VT will be much harder test 4 Team now than UL ever was..

Sep 19, 2017, 3:27 PM

in that UL threat was 75% Lamar Jackson & Offensive mind of their Head Coach..

Whereas VT will have a more balanced team with super smart HC, famous DC Genius, Strong D, good O play, really pumped & loud fans in a neat stadium that always is rocking especially at night.

Saying..TiGS better give another stellar showing or the bubble can burst.

TiGERS by 10 imho.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't worry Bill

Sep 19, 2017, 3:29 PM

Game won't be close.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thinking VT will be much harder test 4 Team now than UL ever was..

Sep 19, 2017, 3:32 PM

I'll take a 10 point road win in Blacksburg Bill.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2017, 3:46 PM

Better team overall is VT , although Lavar Burtson is flashy with a good enough arm I suppose.
Neither match up very well with our measurables ...and you can never predict what is going to happen in any given football game , but I am gonna do it anyway .

Clemson strong early , middle and late .
Tigers by 17 , 33 to 16 .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 19, 2017, 3:51 PM

Fuentes is a good coach. We know what we get with Foster. Make no mistake, this is going to be a dogfight and our toughest game next to FSU.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Sep 19, 2017, 3:58 PM

LBB-I live among many Hokies and they are itching to take the Tigers behind the woodshed in Lane Stadium on 9/30. That itch has been gnawing at them since last Dec. in Orlando. Fuentes and Foster are very good coaches so you can bet the Clemson squad will get a sterner test than they di in KY.
Their fan base is fired up about the game and the AD must be also, based on the list price for admission being $110 per seat. Their fans are loud and raucous; expect a battle in the VA hills.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know they are probably excited but..

Sep 19, 2017, 4:27 PM

I just don't see us losing up there. Maybe if we cough it up 3-4 times, but we are much better than Tech. Bud Foster doesn't have the horses to slow us up enough. Josh Jackson is a very good QB but that offense will not give us fits or the worry of a Louisville. I see it as a 31-17 type of game and them only getting 17 bc of a careless turnover or two.

Re: I know they are probably excited but..

Sep 19, 2017, 4:30 PM

I suggest that we concentrate on BC before we start discussing VT. One game at the time!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tech has ALWAYS been an overrated program, when they

Sep 19, 2017, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Thinking VT will be much harder test 4 Team now than UL ever was.. ]

were beating us in the 90s and into the 2000s we were terrible to average.

if you look at their history of good seasons in the Big East and the early expanded ACC they would pile up wins against absolute garbage and lose the big games. That is their history. Very very very few big wins.

Their time in the big east speaks for itself, and their run in the ACC coincides with when BOTH FSU was in their down period in the twilight of the Bowden era and pre-Dabo. I'm telling you, look at their history, one the most overrated programs ever.

Sep 19, 2017, 4:30 PM

Clemson wins by 7. I hope I'm wrong, and it's a blowout.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Their defense is better but their DL is paper thin, they

Sep 19, 2017, 4:40 PM

will even tell you that. Their offense isn't as good as louis, they have one good WR ad can scheme and not much else. Scheming one good WR is a lot easier than scheming a freak show duel threat QB.

I think their defense keeps it close for a half, but then we pull away in second half. Something like 34-17, but much closer at half.

Keep the following statistics in mind in LIGHT of the competition:

VT played WV neutral sight DC (have over 60-70% vt fans), DELAWARE, and at ECU (really bad this year).

Total Offense: 35th
Total Defense: 61st

Clemson Kent St home, Auburn home, Louisville Road. A more difficult schedule:

Total Offense: 15th
Total Defense: 8th

Plus better depth.

Sep 19, 2017, 4:48 PM

Yeah I look for VT to really take a good shot at us. A Bud Foster defense will throw some stuff at KB and crew... more so than UL did. I look for there to be more adversity to overcome but that is a good thing. They need to feel that for the long haul.

Sep 19, 2017, 4:52 PM

Who the #ell are we playing Saturday VT or Boston College?????????????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ gunstock

Sep 19, 2017, 5:22 PM

you must have a twin poster on page 1.

LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^ gunstock

Sep 19, 2017, 5:54 PM

Hey dude just trying to get everyone focused on BC. If you don't like it take a long walk off a short bridge. Beat BC!!!

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic