Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The front line
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

The front line

Aug 2, 2020, 9:56 PM

What better place for the front line of issues around equality and fairness than Power5 college football - where most players are black and many are from under-privileged, low income homes. And most fans are white and many are comparatively well off.

And quite a few fans (based on Tnet posts) see the fight for equality as a political issue that anarchists and Marxists use to threaten our country vs. a real genuine issue to be addressed.

Interesting times for sure

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. Whites make up 70% of the population.

Aug 2, 2020, 10:00 PM

Shouldn't they make up that percentage of the team? The minute you say no, you lose the equality discussion.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree. Whites make up 70% of the population.

Aug 2, 2020, 10:05 PM

Just go to bed man maybe you’ll make more sense tomorrow

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bottom line is this.

Aug 2, 2020, 10:10 PM

Fairness is based on the best players no matter their race. Blacks are overwhelming treated with fairness and color blindness in college athletics. If they weren't you wouldn't see them having such a disproportionate percentage of players on a team compared to their population. Sports have been color blind since the 60's but now everything is being made about race when it isn't an issue.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bottom line is this.

Aug 3, 2020, 12:23 AM

You just insulted Geech! Logic & statements of fact are Blasphemic(term & concept) >to the braindead like Geech

A "real genuine issue?"

Aug 2, 2020, 10:37 PM

Here's a real genuine issue:

https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/facts-dont-care-about-your-bias/

One thing should be very clear by now ...

Aug 3, 2020, 12:06 AM

there is no room for facts in this discussion. Once people become convinced they are victims, and that message is reinforced by opportunistic, self-serving politicians and a complicit media, there is no more discussion.

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Uneven, bleeding heart perspective is tiresome...

Aug 2, 2020, 11:27 PM

but your remedial attempt to manipulate the uninformed is sickening though predictable

Re: The front line

Aug 3, 2020, 12:28 AM

Uhmm weird post! I would assume that whites make up majority of fans since they are majority of population. What seems to disappear in all of this chaos is the facts of population ethnicity and demographics. Black America is 13.4% of the population. The fight for equality, equal justice, better paying jobs etc, but at end of day if a company has 100 employees, then there should be 12-15% black Americans hired, that is 100% equal. But it seems like its being construed as of an employee has 100 employees then it should be 50% black and 50% other. Population dynamics are never discussed when talking about all these topics. I'm all about who is best qualified for the job, not who merts the token standard. Just like Biden 100% being forced to choose a Black running mate but not only that, they have to be female. It's all for votes. Equality isn't what is being forced down our throats, equality in the workforce may never exist again especially for the middle aged true American Male man. They are being prejudiced against daily, there is the injustice.

I would argue the opposite

Aug 3, 2020, 8:19 AM

You've taken the worst of both blacks and whites and dumped their problems on those (athletes) who have excelled in a world that is tough enough to survive as it is.

If people would stop letting the main stream media control their narratives and start just doing a little research on their own and start thinking for themselves!

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic