Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Report: Transfer forward commits to Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

TNET: Report: Transfer forward commits to Clemson

Apr 19, 2018, 3:32 PM

Report: Transfer forward commits to Clemson

Six-foot-9 forward Jonathan Baehre has committed to Clemson as a transfer after two seasons with UNC-Asheville, according to CBS Sports' Jon Rothstein. Baehre a Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Report: Transfer forward commits to Clemson

Apr 19, 2018, 4:35 PM

Awesome stuff! Wish he could play this year.

Great News 4 Clemson BB...

Apr 19, 2018, 4:40 PM

and Welcome to Tigertown Jonathan!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For a player who doesn't seem overly-reliant on 3s, he

Apr 19, 2018, 4:57 PM

seemed to be somewhat inconsistent at UNCA last season. By far his best game was his final game against Southern Cal where he got 28 points and 14 rebounds in a 4OT game. The game before that though he put up 2 points against Liberty in 14 minutes.

It does seem a lot of his inconsistencies were a result of a lack of playing time. Overall, last season he played around 22 minutes per game and started 21 of UNCA's 34 games. He reached double figures in points 10 times and in rebounds 3 times.

The most impressive things about him statistically seem to be his block numbers (1.8 per game in 22 minutes) and his shooting percentages. Overall he shot 53.9% (62.9% on 2PA and 37.3% on 3PA). He also shot 80.8% from the FT line.

I guess my main question about Baehre is why didn't he get more minutes and get to put up more shots at UNCA? He seemed to be their most efficient scorer in terms of percentages, the best rebounder per 40 minutes, and he was the only player on the team even capable of blocking shots.

The other interesting thing about him is his age. By the time he suits up for us in 2019-2020, he'll already be 23 years old. If he has pro aspirations, even at an international level, I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave after one season with us if he's even remotely successful.

Reminds me of former Kentucky player, Tayshaun Prince***

Apr 19, 2018, 6:50 PM

Re: Reminds me of former Kentucky player, Tayshaun Prince***

Apr 19, 2018, 8:25 PM

i'm almost laughing at this comparison because my first thoughts about comparisons tend to revolve around abilities and I don't see those abilities in this player... in what way are you reminded of Tayshaun Prince?

...and i'm really not being sarcastic... for real for real...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Single A? Dude, like 8 of us posters could jave...

Apr 19, 2018, 9:14 PM

.... been all region at single A hoops.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: TNET: Report: Transfer forward commits to Clemson

Apr 19, 2018, 9:47 PM

Welcome to Clemson , Johnny !

See you in 2019 !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic