Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Someone said we needed a batting coach. I agree, we
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,226

Someone said we needed a batting coach. I agree, we

Mar 25, 2019, 7:15 AM

Should not have our bats shut down my northern teams like ND & Boston College.I know their are hood & bad days in. Baseball

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Lecroy

Mar 25, 2019, 7:27 AM

His official title is recruiting coordinator. But, he spends the most time with our hitters. I don't know of an NCAA baseball team with an official Hitting Coach, like what you see in MLB.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brad Lecroy

Mar 25, 2019, 9:51 AM

There are not job titles in baseball like there are in football.

Each coach is typically assigned a defensive group to work with.
On offense, while nobody is listed as hitting coach, typically all of the coaches of a college baseball team, with the exception of the pitching coach, will work with hitters.

I would expect that Monte, Lecroy, Starbuck, and Will Lamb are all working with hitters this season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Someone said we needed a batting coach. I agree, we

Mar 25, 2019, 7:41 AM

so, i guess the yankees and red sox should suck at pitching. they are from the north. what an ignorant statement. the guy that beat us yesterday also beat lewisville last week. boy do they suck. the nd pitcher that beat us on friday is also very good. bc has 2 excellent freshman. the pitcher and center fielder. there are many reasons kids pick schools. good pitching almost always beats good hitting. we have very good pitching, hence why we win a lot of games.

Mar 25, 2019, 7:42 AM

and by the way, monte is the hitting coach. pretty sure his job is safe.

just saying in college the vast majority of the better teams

Mar 26, 2019, 5:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Someone said we needed a batting coach. I agree, we ]

are in the south .ND & Boston College are not noted as baseball schools & if we are losing to them, we better improve before Fla. St. NC State etc. major league is a different animal

Mar 26, 2019, 8:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Someone said we needed a batting coach. I agree, we ]

I mean Lewisville is only 2A so it’s not that big of a deal right?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2019, 5:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Someone said we needed a batting coach. I agree, we ]

Not taking sides but your Yankees Red Sox argument is dumb. He’s referring to yankee college teams. All those teams up there suck. Literally every one. Name me 1 good consistent Northeast program. You can’t just bring pro teams into the argument. That’s all

Mar 27, 2019, 6:28 AM

You know that dude only reply’s something ignorant most of the time anyway.
It’s like he lurks all day just to show up in threads like this.
The sad part is he is dead serious now

someone, anyjuan!!! ;-)***

Mar 25, 2019, 7:49 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: someone, anyjuan!!! ;-)***

Mar 25, 2019, 9:36 AM

Preach on deRobert !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2019, 9:47 AM

To follow what deroberts said below.

Monte is both the head coach and the hitting coach.

I'm not sure you will find a head coach in the conference or maybe in the country who is as invested in researching and learning about hitting and working with hitters as Monte.

Whatever philosophy is being taught on a daily basis by the other assistants comes directly from what Monte is teaching.

The issue with our up and down bats this season has been the 3-4 freshman in the lineup each game.

While most of the freshman hitters who have been playing frequently are having pretty good seasons so far, a pitchers who can change speeds and locations can really give young hitters problems on a given day.

I think that is exactly what has happened the last two weekends for the games where Clemson has struggled to score runs.

Seems some have 'Bama' mentality

Mar 25, 2019, 10:21 AM

Clemson doesn't get beat...just choose to lose. Yeah, right.

A little credit to the opposition is due...those kids play their hearts out, too, just like the Tigers.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seems some have 'Bama' mentality

Mar 25, 2019, 10:39 AM

While I do give credit to the opposing pitchers the last two weekends, I do feel that if both teams play well then the better team is going to win.

It takes a slightly open door from a good team for a lesser team to take a game from them.

I feel the youth in Clemson's lineup is a door that is sometimes left slightly open which is letting lesser teams steal wins from us.

On the other hand, good pitching beats good hitting and I believe our Tigers are still undefeated when scoring 5 runs or more. That means our pitching has been doing well enough to give us a chance to win almost every game.

We have just run into a few pitchers that were going to win whatever game they pitched that day.

Re: Seems some have 'Bama' mentality

Mar 27, 2019, 8:06 AM

The last part of your statement is false. Sometimes we make a pitcher look great. The pitcher can throw 88 with no location and we still can’t hit it. Don’t tell me that mediocre pitching with mediocre velocity is going to get it done “on that day” versus anybody. We make bad pitchers look good the way scars 2014 defense made every QB look like a heisman trophy winner

Monte is our hitting coach.***

Mar 25, 2019, 10:39 AM

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,226
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic