Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some of you guys disgust me as much as coots winning
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Some of you guys disgust me as much as coots winning

Jun 25, 2011, 12:16 AM

I love college baseball. I played the game but didnt have the skills to play at Clemson or any college. It's a great game. When Clemson is in Omaha, i'm there supporting them with thousands of others in orange. I was a huge UVA fan tonight.

Those who come on a Clemson baseball message board and say it is a meaningless sport are idiots. Actually it's embarrassing. We average close to 5,000/ game. Coots average close to 8,000 now that they are good. It is traditionally our best sport. We'll be back. We will be champions. Don't make stupid swipes at the sport. Just pull for the gators.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said !!!

Jun 25, 2011, 12:24 AM

We'll get to the top of the mountain.... I truly believe that!! GO TIGERS!!!

I am anxious to see how Sully does

Jun 25, 2011, 12:53 AM

Florida is better all around. S. Carolina beat them 2 out of 3 in the regular season, but we beat the Gamecocks 2 out of 3 in the regular season as well.

I will be more hopeful for us if UF can come through and win this thing and save us Tigers much grief (esp. here in Cola). Sully manages his pitchers like Leggett does and incorporates a Johnny Wholestaff (as he did today)philosophy. I think this is dangerous because it is banking on all your pitchers being on their game.

Re: I am anxious to see how Sully does

Jun 25, 2011, 1:00 AM

Agree with all but the coots beat us 2 out of 3 this year.

Re: I am anxious to see how Sully does

Jun 25, 2011, 1:00 AM [ in reply to I am anxious to see how Sully does ]

Coots beat us 2 of three?

Yeah good catch

Jun 25, 2011, 1:07 AM

meant to say that they beat us last year in Omaha after we beat them 2 out of 3.

Re: Some of you guys disgust me as much as coots winning

Jun 25, 2011, 1:28 AM

2 things I find sad:

1) Making threads all over TNet about our USuC. Pathetic. Who CARES about a University we've owned for so long. Only time I need to hear about them is Clem/SC week in November.

2) College baseball.

Jun 25, 2011, 1:37 AM

Then GTFO a college baseball mesaage board, dbag.

your opinion is fact eh?

Jun 25, 2011, 4:20 PM

can't fathom people not liking college baseball?

Re: your opinion is fact eh?

Jun 25, 2011, 5:11 PM

It's a fact that I dont like women's hoops so I don't go on women's hoops message boards. If you don't like college baseball, no worries, but why come on a clemson baseball message board? Hence, GTFO of here. No opinion, just common sense, dbag.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Can't get to first base!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^***

Jun 25, 2011, 7:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Some of you guys disgust me as much as coots winning ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Jun 25, 2011, 8:02 AM

I don't say it's a meaningless. I just say it's a sport I don't care for. Never watched a game for more than a few minutes. Too slow. Boring. But, that's just me. I like to play and watch tennis. A lot of people don't.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, but college baseball is an afterthought,

Jun 25, 2011, 9:33 AM

regardless of who is playing.

If you are into it, it is a great sport

Jun 25, 2011, 9:36 AM

If you aren't into it and caught up, it is an afterthought and for most of America that is true. Winning a Nat Champ in it is a cool bonus, for sure. But it isn't going to register on 99% of America's radar.

I only semi pay attention to it because are decent at it, but if we were bad you bet I wouldn't watch, and most people wouldn't either. But if we were 0-12 in football we would still have fans, that is just how it is.

Re: If you are into it, it is a great sport

Jun 25, 2011, 11:49 AM

Wrong. It's all over ESPN. But have at it, whatever makes you feel less irrelevant.

Jun 25, 2011, 1:41 PM

So is the natonal spelling bee and poker. Who won the bee this year? Who's the no.1 poker player? Just making a point. Just because its on ESPN doesnt mean the whole country is into it. I keep up with and love college baseball but, like the poster said,it's not even a blip on most peoples radar.

Jun 25, 2011, 4:06 PM

Who you trying to convince? College baseball is the only sport that Clemson is relevant in, and your hated rival is dominating that sport. It is killing you, isn't it? At least this year you were spared yet another Omaha embarrassment at our hands. O for Omaha!

Re: Sorry, but college baseball is an afterthought,

Jun 25, 2011, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Sorry, but college baseball is an afterthought, ]

Got cut from your little league team huh?

Jun 25, 2011, 12:56 PM

No I played golf in high school. I am just saying, even with it on ESPN (and I wonder why they have it all over ESPN...maybe they are showing it on TV or something... :)) most people couldn't name who won the title a day after happens.

And I like baseball. The big problem is that most of the good players dont have to play college baseball to go pro, so you aren't seeing the best at their age perform.

Jun 25, 2011, 1:44 PM

Yeah not having the very best at their age group does take away from college baseball. It would be better to some folks if it were a requirement to play a yr or 2 of college bb before going pro.

Not for me it's not. Nor for a lot of other people.***

Jun 25, 2011, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Sorry, but college baseball is an afterthought, ]

Jun 25, 2011, 5:17 PM [ in reply to Sorry, but college baseball is an afterthought, ]

To whom? Must be to you since you are on a college baseball message board discussing it. Pathetic how some of you losers are so obsessed with the coots' success that the sport is now meaningless. One of the biggest sour grapes rationalizarions I've ever seen, and Im a bigger tiger than 99% of you. Clemson's best, most consistent sport for the last 40 years is baseball. Go on tigerchat during a clemson game and see how much of an afterthought it is. If we had won the title last year, it would been a huge accomplishment and all you sour pusses would be beaming. Again, pathetic.

I disagree. The CWS is awesome.***

Jun 28, 2011, 10:40 PM [ in reply to Sorry, but college baseball is an afterthought, ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jun 25, 2011, 11:59 AM

I'm right there with you Pelion. I've been to Omaha 3 times to watch the Tigers. It is by far my favorite sport. College baseball is growing in popularity. Just look at the crowds at the CWS. Last year, for a game we weren't playing in, we stood in line far an hour just to get standing room for general admission. The Tigers will be back in Omaha and very soon.

Well said, give them their due, they are where we wanted to

Jun 25, 2011, 1:23 PM

be... but for now I'm a huge Gator fan.

Re: Well said, give them their due, they are where we wanted to

Jun 25, 2011, 1:32 PM

GOOO Gators

it's their way of not having to deal with the fact that

Jun 25, 2011, 2:15 PM

currently we are a step or two behind the coots.

baseball is my 4th favorite clemson sport

Jun 25, 2011, 4:20 PM

soccer is 5th but passes baseball when we return to national prominance

Soccer, another sport TDP has driven into the ground.***

Jun 28, 2011, 10:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With the admin we have now, we will never be champions of

Jun 28, 2011, 10:39 PM

anything. Mark my words.

Re: With the admin we have now, we will never be champions of

Jun 28, 2011, 11:18 PM

Marking your words drummer boy YIPEEE!

Jun 28, 2011, 11:11 PM

dude it is meaningless.

I hate baseball and I will readily admit that but its meaningless..

On espn's front page they have links to college football and basketball which are both out of season.

College baseball has its national title game tonight and there is not even a scrolling score. College baseball sucks. No one watches it but the fans of the teams playing. Look at the ratings..

I wouldn't say its meaningless

Jun 28, 2011, 11:49 PM

But it is a very very distant 3rd to basketball and football (NCAA) becasue the interest is very low and the best talent goes from high School to the pros. That being said winning a NC in any sport is still a great accomplishmet, and lets face it, Ray Tanner is and always will be the best college baseball coach in this state and one of the best in the country. But I still say Gamecocks football win over bama last year is a much bigger sports story than winning back to back NCs in baseball. It was all over sports center and what not.

Jun 29, 2011, 1:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Some of you guys disgust me as much as coots winning ]

I guess our golf title and 2 soccer championships were even less meaningful then. Sportscenter lead off with 5 minutes from the CWS the last 2 nights.

Yeah that is WNBA regular game got higher ratings then CWS***

Jun 28, 2011, 11:52 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2011, 1:29 AM

yea dude, pull for the GAYtors, Haha

Jun 29, 2011, 1:38 AM

Well this turned out to be a meaningless thread.We need to do whatever they are doing to get our program at their level. Enough said.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic