Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Solving ACC scheduling problems
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,143

Solving ACC scheduling problems

Feb 7, 2014, 4:24 PM

I know it would take a lot of work but I think the answer to the 9 game scheduling issue is to turn the conference championship weekend into a inter-conference rivalry week. Yes we would still have the championship game but instead of the 12 other schools taking the week off lets add a 13th game to everyone's schedule. The division standings are used to pair the teams up and each year we alternate home and away based on division. One year the Coastal teams play at home the next the Atlantic teams do. That would give teams an extra home game every other year, unless you made the title game, and give teams that finish #2 and #3 a quality opponent before the playoff teams are selected. Plus by alternating home divisions teams could prepare for a game the last week even if they didn't know who it would be against.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Solving ACC scheduling problems

Feb 7, 2014, 4:35 PM

Outside of conference championship games, the NCAA only allows 12 regular season games.

Feb 7, 2014, 4:37 PM

The NCAA has proven all you have to do is ask to change a rule and it usually happens. Why not ask. Besides they can't claim it hurts students when 20 teams every year already play a 13th game.

null

Feb 7, 2014, 4:43 PM

Geez we have already taken student out of student/athlete! How many games are going to necessary for these kids to play to satisfy the greed for money?

Feb 7, 2014, 4:51 PM

So your saying playing a conference championship game is detrimental? They are already practicing that week why not let every team play an extra game instead of just 20 teams? We are already adding a 15th game for the championship. Not to mention the schedules of Baseball and Basketball.

null

Feb 7, 2014, 5:25 PM

No I say you don't need another game! From a player's point of view, you are already playing hurt from game 8 on for sure, whether it be game 9 or 15! We just played a team in the Orange bowl without half of it's secondary. We wre hurting as well! (Peake for one)
Because of money no one is in favor of getting rid of cup cake games. I think better OCC game/games would cover most if not all revenue losses and add to SOS. (Debatable I know).
12 games should be more than enough to satisfy fan appetites, the coffers, and young men's physical bodies and dream's.
Any more demand's than that, it's time to put them a real payroll! IMHO

Feb 7, 2014, 7:25 PM

I think all the points you make are valid and I agree with most of them.
But the line about 12 games being more than enough to satisfy fan's appetites is questionable.
In my dreams college football is played year round.
I know it's not realistic. But I can never get enough college football.

The first move to solve any and all problems with...

Feb 7, 2014, 5:30 PM

NCAA football is have a playoff of enough teams to insure that the best team in the country will have a chance to prove it. Perhaps it would only require 16 to do that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,143
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic