Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Small business relief SBA.gov
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,456

Small business relief SBA.gov

Apr 1, 2020, 3:31 PM

Did you know by simply applying on behalf of your small business you will receive 2.5 X one months payroll costs ( payroll, insurance, etc..) and the Federal Government pays the loan. It’s Free!

Your monthly payroll cost is $20,000. They will provide $50,000 in relief funds. This is to keep people working and the economy stimulated!

I encourage all Small Business Tiger fans to apply!

Go to Treasury.gov/system/files/136paycheck-protection-program-application-3-30-2920-vs.pdf

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Small business relief SBA.gov

Apr 1, 2020, 3:38 PM

How about if you are self employed with no payroll but other overhead cost such as commercial vehicle payments, rent, commercial insurance and generally lost revenue?

Apr 1, 2020, 3:43 PM

Great question.

I'm curious about this as well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 1, 2020, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Small business relief SBA.gov ]

It is setup for pyrolysis costs only ... but 25% of the funds can be used toward mortgage interest and utility costs. But not 75% must pay payroll cost.

Now i am not sure if you are self employed and can demonstrate your monthly income and cost of health insurance if you can apply. Your Bank are now getting the details and they can advise.

Let me know what u find out!

Apr 1, 2020, 3:49 PM

Anyone using these relief funds should talk to their banker/lender, read the fine print and understand the requirements. As an example, there is a look-back on the amount of monthly overhead to Feb. 15th to determine the loan amount. A business owner can borrow 2.5x that amount. Then, any reductions in employee count is calculated as a deduction % from the forgiven amount of the loan. So, if you reduced head count by 80%, you will have a forgiven amount of 20% of the loan, but will be responsible for the 80% balance.

It's a good program if a business can afford the additional potential debt.

Apr 1, 2020, 3:57 PM

If you meet the requirements, there is no debt on the business.

Apr 1, 2020, 4:16 PM

It really depends on the business. For a lot of us it’s difficult to meet the loan forgiveness requirements because we have already had layoffs.

After doing all the due diligence, it is better for my business and employees to just lay them off. I only have a few people left on payroll and don’t plan to apply for the stimulus funds for now. Whenever business starts to pick back up and we start bringing people back, then it might work for us, if there’s any funds left to give out.

Apr 1, 2020, 4:32 PM

There's also an Economic Injury Disaster Loan program (EIDL). The limit is also 2.5x certain expenses. Business owners should familiarize themselves with both programs before using either.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,456
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic